• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

H4 Hid Or Led

sira

Question

Dear Friends

I'm planing to replace my EK3 head light bulbs with HID or LED. can you all let me know what is the best HID kits and Price of them

I checked the Philips got good stuff and looks they are expensive -

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-PHILIPS-H4-Hi-Lo-Beam-6000K-HID-CANBUS-Conversion-Kit-/262081036086

Also now LED Head lights are available. how about them ? are they more efficient then HID

Please advice

Sira

I've read about drivers getting stopped by our cops who rigged up their own laws when it comes to legal compliance of lighting

to the point where cars with factory fitted HID head lights were taken to court.

so don't ask for trouble, . unless you've got a good lawyer!

When it comes to aftermarket HID kits,reliability is a major issue,.. Sure they look cool , but you want them to work at night when you drive home after a'few too many !

LED's produce comparatively less light - although they have advantages over their HID counter parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRqxTl4rxlg'>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRqxTl4rxlg

bottom line,..

Reliability above all,..

Ooh! Hot chicks know about lights too. :D

Hi Magnum

Pics?

Try to take pictures of before and after , but my Phone poor camera quality not grab much lights in the night and pictures are almost black.

This is the first try of purchasing vehicle related parts from Ebay. Bulb come in to door steps without any issue.

Is any one having experience with purchasing parts from Ebay which can not deliver by local Post man. Are they charge TAX before clearing ?

Thanks

Amila

6000k HID Xenon in Fog lights

11701106_992307987522326_143380476691226

6000k HID Xenon in Fog lights +Factory fittted HID Xenon projectors

1451939_992308010855657_8084281587189037

6000k HID Xenon in Fog lights +Factory fitted HID Xenon projectors + Halogen High beam

12418058_992307650855693_544424771846601

You can play day/night cricket match with that much light :sport-smiley-004:

Hello guys. Im just gonna dump it here.i have wingroad y11 and I bought the car 8 mnths before and as I remember after 2 or 3 mnths later left dim light filament blow off (headlight filament working fine both dim and head in same bulb).then i changed bulb worked fine then again same happen after 3 months later on same side.what could be the reason for that???? Electric short or bad bulb ( i used the same brand as before)

:D Should try sometime :D

You should have seen Magnum's Hiace. It could light up the whole Kandy area.

Im a light freak :D

I still haven't told dad the real price of those Nightbreaker bulbs I bought :D

bdw I'm considering Fog Breaker but they seem to be bit dodgy

Hello guys. Im just gonna dump it here.i have wingroad y11 and I bought the car 8 mnths before and as I remember after 2 or 3 mnths later left dim light filament blow off (headlight filament working fine both dim and head in same bulb).then i changed bulb worked fine then again same happen after 3 months later on same side.what could be the reason for that???? Electric short or bad bulb ( i used the same brand as before)

I'm not an expert on this but if I were you I would start with checking the wiring

Just curious whats the brand of the bulb you bought?

Im a light freak :D

I still haven't told dad the real price of those Nightbreaker bulbs I bought :D

bdw I'm considering Fog Breaker but they seem to be bit dodgy

I have a set of fog breakers and I initially had the same thought before buying, But it's the real thing, the only difference being it's not made in Germany, rather it's made in an Osram factory in China.

It could be a couple of things;

1-it could all just be bad luck and yur replacement bulb was bad

2- your wiring has short circuited somewhere, best is if you hand this over to a professional to handle unless you have the knowledge and the tools such as multimeters. If you do have a multimeter check the voltage that comes to the left side vs right side.

3- some makabases electrician has bypassed your fuse, quite common since we have a tendency to wrap copper wires around a blown fuse and reuse instead of replacing a fuse.

I have a set of fog breakers and I initially had the same thought before buying, But it's the real thing, the only difference being it's not made in Germany, rather it's made in an Osram factory in China.

Could you post some pics of it?