• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ran Automatic Gearbox Without Transmission Oil.

gayanr600

Question

I have a toyota corolla 110 car. Few weeks before, all the transmission oil has been drained out from my automatic gearbox due to an oil sealer issue. Without knowing that, I had driven the car about 50-100 kms.

After inspection by a technician, I was advised to refill the oil and run.

But since then, specially in the morning, the car does not move forward once I changed the gear into "D". It normally takes 3-5 seconds to pick up. But then it drives normally.

Is there any solution for this matter, without replacing the gearbox?

Thanks in advance.

7 answers to this question

I have a toyota corolla 110 car. Few weeks before, all the transmission oil has been drained out from my automatic gearbox due to an oil sealer issue. Without knowing that, I had driven the car about 50-100 kms.

After inspection by a technician, I was advised to refill the oil and run.

But since then, specially in the morning, the car does not move forward once I changed the gear into "D". It normally takes 3-5 seconds to pick up. But then it drives normally.

Is there any solution for this matter, without replacing the gearbox?

Thanks in advance.

You filled recommended oil for this Toyota ?. or used any common auto transmission oil available. There are many variants !

Few questions - Is this delay common to both forward and reverse positions? Did you replace the oil seal and then refilled or refilled before replacing the oil seal? What was the volume of oil replaced (ie only if you just filled up without using the services of an ATF exchanger)? If you replaced the oil seal then the box must have been removed and cleaned. If so was there any brownish debris in the oil sump? Did you replace the filter? If it is confined to forward movement then most likely your forward clutch is excessively worn out. If so you may have to either rebuild the box or replace it.

Edited by Rumesh88
  • Like 2

You have to rebuild the box. Gearbox plates would have got heated up and warped due to running without oil. Happened to me once with the Kia and to a friend of mine with a Daewoo sometime ago. Since its a Toyota 110, it might be cheaper to replace but you never know the condition of the gearbox you will get.

I trust only two places for this kind of job:

Nilwala Motors - Madiwela Road Embuldeniya - many members of the forum will vouch for him - this guy repaired the Kia to perfection

Tissa Motors - near Highway entrance, Kottawa - can vouch for him through personal experience - this guy repaired the Daewoo to perfection

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 2

You have to rebuild the box. Gearbox plates would have got heated up and warped due to running without oil. Happened to me once with the Kia and to a friend of mine with a Daewoo sometime ago. Since its a Toyota 110, it might be cheaper to replace but you never know the condition of the gearbox you will get.

I trust only two places for this kind of job:

Nilwala Motors - Madiwela Road Embuldeniya - many members of the forum will vouch for him - this guy repaired the Kia to perfection

Tissa Motors - near Highway entrance, Kottawa - can vouch for him through personal experience - this guy repaired the Daewoo to perfection

Thanks Crosswind. I will try the Nilwala Motors and will update the situation.