• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Help - Repair - Spare Parts

chew

Hi Friends,

I need your valuable support to find out some information regarding following queries. Before that, please bear with me if I'm asking the same set of questions, you have answered sometime back. I tried to search those information in this forum but couldn't find anything related to my requirement.

Im using a Mitsubishi CS 1 2008 model. Areas to be repaired,

1. Rear doors cannot be opened from inside

2. Out of four speakers only 2 is working (rear)

3. Power Mirrors are not functioning

4. Mudguards should be replaced

Can this be done in a single place?

Is there any reliable place around Battaramulla, Pita Kotte and Rajagiriya area..?

New mudguards are available to buy? or should I find it in the second hand market?

Could you guys help me on this. Highly appreciate your support

Thanks

1. Rear doors cannot be opened from inside

Common issue in the CS Lancer. Faced this myself on separate occasions on my CS3. This might be your issue as well. Basically the door lock actuators have a metal linkage connected to it and this tends to corrode and either get stuck or completely snap in half - disconnecting the linkage from inside the car. I have explained it previously here. You need to remove the door cards and inspect the actuator linkage and check if it is stuck or broken. If it is broken, you have to weld it together or get a new part fabricated. Should be an easy job.

2. Out of four speakers only 2 is working (rear)

Check if the fader is set to the rear speakers in the head unit. Once you have verified that, and if the issue is not resolved, you can first take off the front door cards (here's how) and check if the speakers are working and if they are getting the signal. If the speakers are okay and if they are not receiving current, then you will have to show this to a car audio place or an electrician.

3. Power Mirrors are not functioning

First check if a fuse is blown. If not, it might be because the mirror mechanism is stuck (this is most probably my guess). Set the mirror L\R switch to to R and press the LEFT button while gently pressing the left side of the mirror with your finger to give the motor some assistance. If the mechanism is stuck, this could allow the motor to slowly start moving the mirror. If this happens, then get your side mirrors serviced. This can be due to other reasons as well, such as an issue in the mirror control panel.

4. Mudguards should be replaced

I hope you mean mud flaps. If you want the original ones, you can try UniMo. Mind you they will be expensive, but they'll be a direct fit for the car. You can find ones in Darley Road shops as well, but I doubt you will be able to find good ones that fit the car perfectly. What is wrong with the ones on the car right now? Outer border cracked?

As for places, I think the lock and mirror issue (and probably the speaker issue) should be able to be addressed from one place. Apparently there is a guy named Saman in Dehiwala who is good (check this thread).

• Like 2