• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Primera P11 Issues

sovi

Question

Hi all, I am new here & looking for the support of experts to clarify few issues I have with my P11.

Recently I got my first vehicle P11, after doing research around 4 months. This was the best looking & performing vehicle which was in my budget limit. Vehicle is awesome & I really enjoying the riding ..... :) Threads in Autolanka forum were really helpful for me to deciding my first vehicle.... :):)

After few days of purchasing I went to KL__N P__K to get the vehicle serviced & I got the following comments.

1. Both sides break washers leak
  2. Oil leak from crank oil seal, engine sump packing & power steering pressure hose . ( They told non of them are not severe leakages)
  3. Shock boots broken in front right & rear right
  4. Front lower arm ball joint boot broken
  5. Front right side hub ball joint play
  6. Front left side upper arm ball joint play
  7. Wipers arm bushes broken

After hearing this I am little bit confused about my vehicle & i need experts support to clarify the below :action-smiley-012:

• What are the issues which quick attention & rectification are needed.
  • What would be the rough cost to rectify the all the issues.
  • Any good & reliable places to get this done around Wattala, Kandana,Negombo
  • Is the vehicle still reliable to run without rectifying these...

My knowledge about vehicles are not that good & I really need your support here you guys.......... :action-smiley-028:

8 answers to this question

1. Both sides break washers leak Get them replaced ASAP
  2. Oil leak from crank oil seal, engine sump packing & power steering pressure hose . ( They told non of them are not severe leakages) No such thing as non severe Engine oil leaks. Get them all attended to unless ou want to find yourself running with no oil.
  3. Shock boots broken in front right & rear right - Noisy, can manage, but better to replace.
  4. Front lower arm ball joint boot broken - Replace
  5. Front right side hub ball joint play - Replace
  6. Front left side upper arm ball joint play - Replace
  7. Wipers arm bushes broken - repair or Replace.

After hearing this I am little bit confused about my vehicle & i need experts support to clarify the below :action-smiley-012:

• What are the issues which quick attention & rectification are needed. All of them
  • What would be the rough cost to rectify the all the issues. Around 50k
  • Any good & reliable places to get this done around Wattala, Kandana,Negombo. Not sure.
  • Is the vehicle still reliable to run without rectifying these... Of course not. You dont want to find yourself with no brake oil or engine oil, right?

My knowledge about vehicles are not that good & I really need your support here you guys.......... :action-smiley-028:

• Like 3

1. Both sides break washers leak Get them replaced ASAP
  2. Oil leak from crank oil seal, engine sump packing & power steering pressure hose . ( They told non of them are not severe leakages) No such thing as non severe Engine oil leaks. Get them all attended to unless ou want to find yourself running with no oil.
  3. Shock boots broken in front right & rear right - Noisy, can manage, but better to replace.
  4. Front lower arm ball joint boot broken - Replace
  5. Front right side hub ball joint play - Replace
  6. Front left side upper arm ball joint play - Replace
  7. Wipers arm bushes broken - repair or Replace.

• What are the issues which quick attention & rectification are needed. All of them
  • What would be the rough cost to rectify the all the issues. Around 50k
  • Any good & reliable places to get this done around Wattala, Kandana,Negombo. Not sure.
  • Is the vehicle still reliable to run without rectifying these... Of course not. You dont want to find yourself with no brake oil or engine oil, right?

Thank you very much for your comments....

• Like 2

Fully agree with VVti's comments above. It seems the previous owner has not paid much attention to regular inspection and maintenance of the car. Also while you are at it, get the PCV valve checked and cleaned. If it is clogged up it can aggravate the oil leak from crank oil seal and the sump packing. (Cleaning it is NOT a solution to these oil leaks however). PCV is fixed on to the cam cover with a rubber grommet. This grommet may have become hardened by now and the mechanic would have to be very careful not to break it while removing the PCV.

• Like 3

Fully agree with VVti's comments above. It seems the previous owner has not paid much attention to regular inspection and maintenance of the car. Also while you are at it, get the PCV valve checked and cleaned. If it is clogged up it can aggravate the oil leak from crank oil seal and the sump packing. (Cleaning it is NOT a solution to these oil leaks however). PCV is fixed on to the cam cover with a rubber grommet. This grommet may have become hardened by now and the mechanic would have to be very careful not to break it while removing the PCV.

Thanks for the advice

VVTi is correct. Didn't you show this to a mechanic before purchase?

If so you will be more aware what you are buying in advance and could be budgeted accordingly.

Could not show to mechanic since I couldn't find a reliable one. But I showed to few friends who have a general idea about vehicles. Friends asked me to keep around 20k additional budget...

VVTi. your friend's joint operates no more at Seeduwa ?
He does. Still there. Still works on mine.

Can I get a contact?

• Like 1

Hi all, I am new here & looking for the support of experts to clarify few issues I have with my P11.

Recently I got my first vehicle P11, after doing research around 4 months. This was the best looking & performing vehicle which was in my budget limit. Vehicle is awesome & I really enjoying the riding ..... :) Threads in Autolanka forum were really helpful for me to deciding my first vehicle.... :):)

You sought out a P11 after reading about it on Autolanka? Wow. Kudos to you and the posters on AL!

Hopefully you get these issues worked out and get to enjoy the P11, which going by what the autolanka members state, is a pretty special machine. All the best.