• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Painter In Sri Subuthioura Rd, Bad Experience

chew

Hi Guys,

I just thought of sharing a very bad experience I had during last few days. I think this information may help you in future. My car was damaged due to an road accident and taken it to a painter at Sri Subuthipura road, Battaramulla . Few people told me that this guy is a good painter. Since the place is very close to my house, I decided to go.

My requirement was to patch the rear buffer and paint it again. For this work he took almost one week but did nothing. whenever I go there he is not available. his wife is there and every time she says he will come soon. But for these few days I didn't see this bugger is working except only one day. So I took my car back, and now searching a good painter near Athul Kotte , Rajagiriya and Battaramulla area to finish the work.

Most annoying thing was, he never think of the worry that we have. He is a very lazy and irresponsible person. Though he agrees to finish the work on time when we go there he hasn't even start it.

Other most important thing is, keeping the vehicle in this place at night. Last Wednesday I went to see my car around 9 pm on my way home. No body was there but the car was unlocked. I took my car and went home. then I tried to contact this person to inform him that I took the car. He didn't answer the phone. Next morning I went back to the place, but he didn't have a clue that the car is missing.

Please avoid this place.

• Like 6

hahah hilarious!! there's bad mechanics all over i agree..
but then there's this gem!! I didnt think that someone could be so so disengaged with the job he's doing, he doesn't realize it when the 'job' itself disappeared one night..

:D :D

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 2

If it is J**waka of Subhuthipura Road you are referring to I guess you are right cos I am from the same locality and know the guy personally. As Watchman says above most of the mechanics and painters are of the same nature and I can understand what you have gone through. This particular guy is talented, skilled and has a quite a good earning capacity but AFAIK is engaged in binge drinking almost everyday (ask anyone from the trishaw park and explains why you cannot contact him after certain hours of the day). Also he has become overweight for a job that requires agility. Sadly he is on the path to self-destruction and I feel sorry for his family. What most of the guys who are self-employed like this do not realize is that for someone to be self-employed and be successful you need a quite a bit of self discipline. If you are employed under someone's payroll you can can go on enjoying into the wee hours in the morning and still show up at the office and fall asleep at the desk. But it is not the same for a self-employed. BTW these day it is raining and J**waka guy must have had enough and more excuses!

Edited by Rumesh88
  • Like 2