• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Fit Gp5 - Car Service

dylan2

Hello ,

I personally Import a Honda FIT GP5 (2015) on May this year. Now the mileage is around 4250Km.And I was planning to do a service at 5000km. Then I searched for Service Schedule available online , but unable to find them. Then I found that Japanese 'Maintenance note" that came with the "spare smart key". As per it i don't need to do a Engine oil service worst case for 7500km. Can any one give me recommendation on this based on Sri Lankan context.

Please see the table.

post-49564-0-52382600-1445949605_thumb.p

(http://dilancw.blogspot.com/2015/10/honda-fit-gp5-service-maintanence-manual.html )

BTW. About the manual i have a doubt whether that is specific maintenance manual for GP5 or generic one for honda.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by dylan2
  • Like 1

The data you find are seams to be correct as Toyota also having more or less same schedule with 16,000 km in normal condition and 8,000 km in severe condition.

Read the blog and if it is yours, then you have done nice work. Reading and researching is the best practice than depending on sales and service station people (specially local agents) who are trying to take your hard earned money easily.

Edited by gayanath

Thanks guys for your opinion. As 'tcfern1' I will do a Engine Oil Change. And see how it goes.

I will translate the initial tables of the maintenance guide with in the blog .They are more likely best practice which can be done by our self (At least verify 'OK Condition).

BTW , Please your experience with S*****rd M***rs. Will the provide a maintenance recommendation/ booklet.

• 3 months later...

This is for information of Honda Fit GP5 (Hybrid) users.

One of my friend's Honda Fit GP5 (YOM: 2014/05, personally imported, 25k millage as at now) gave several error massages regarding ABS system, power steering system, city brake system, etc, one by one continuously and repeatedly after switch on the car (for the first time of its history) at yesterday day time. Releasing from parking brake and car readiness to move also got delayed several minutes. but after it come to ready mode (about 10-15 minutes later), no issue and car running well. At evening same issue came again. Scanned the car but no proper fault code detected.

Finally, checked the 12V battery and found that its the root course. It was weak. Replaced the battery and the problem solved.

If you found this kind of issue, first check the condition of 12V battery. Do not waste your money going hear and there with makabass opinions.

Edited by gayanath
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

A recent event that I thought might interest owners of Honda hybrids

Few days back I made an aggressive pick up on my Fit GP5 and there was bit of a noise from the transmission and the engine stalled.

When I restarted the engine the whole dash lit up with check engine, EPS, VSC and hill start fail lights.

I stopped immediately and restarted with the same result.

Since the indicators in the main screen was amber and I was not far away from home I decided to drive home. On my way I did not notice any issues apart from the indicators.

Which led me to assume that I may have managed to make system go bonkers as there could be no way that all systems could fail in a fraction of a second.

I thought I will take the car to S******D and get it checked on the following day.

I knew that the general remedy for these type of issue is to clear the errors first and check whether they re appear. (experience from my previous Lancer EX)

Thought stuck me what if I reset/ initialize the ECU, generally when you google sometimes you find how to get about this however it was not the case for GP5.

So I decided to experiment with removing the auxiliary battery (one you get in the engine bay) and refit after about half an hour or so.

It worked and not only it cleared the errors it also managed to erase all the nasty habits ECU has learned over the last year from me, wife and the driver.

Car is much smoother now and there is a remarkable improvement in fuel economy as well as per the indicator as well as brim to brim check.

Only down side was I had to re-program all the radio settings and the clock.

A recent event that I thought might interest owners of Honda hybrids

Few days back I made an aggressive pick up on my Fit GP5 and there was bit of a noise from the transmission and the engine stalled.

When I restarted the engine the whole dash lit up with check engine, EPS, VSC and hill start fail lights.

I stopped immediately and restarted with the same result.

Since the indicators in the main screen was amber and I was not far away from home I decided to drive home. On my way I did not notice any issues apart from the indicators.

Which led me to assume that I may have managed to make system go bonkers as there could be no way that all systems could fail in a fraction of a second.

I thought I will take the car to S******D and get it checked on the following day.

I knew that the general remedy for these type of issue is to clear the errors first and check whether they re appear. (experience from my previous Lancer EX)

Thought stuck me what if I reset/ initialize the ECU, generally when you google sometimes you find how to get about this however it was not the case for GP5.

So I decided to experiment with removing the auxiliary battery (one you get in the engine bay) and refit after about half an hour or so.

It worked and not only it cleared the errors it also managed to erase all the nasty habits ECU has learned over the last year from me, wife and the driver.

Car is much smoother now and there is a remarkable improvement in fuel economy as well as per the indicator as well as brim to brim check.

Only down side was I had to re-program all the radio settings and the clock.

Could be more or less same which my friend experienced.

However, please check the condition of your 12V battery ASAP. If it fails suddenly while engine stopped, you will stuck somewhere far away from home by the way.

• 2 years later...

After 3 years , as Gayanath described i am experiencing issues due to malfunctioning 12V battery. I had to parked the vehicle for two weeks and suddenly I am seeing few errors on the dashboard  when i try to start the car and car won't start. it shows break errors, ABS errors, immobilizer on . when i check the battery it is 10.2 V . 

The original battery came with the car was Furukawa 44Ah flood type lead acid battery. past few days ,every morning I try to charge it using external charger.Charge holds around 12.6V  (I may not be charging to it full )and after going 10km to the office  it  drops 10.22V  again. But i was able to start at the evening.

I am thinking of changing battery and can some one recommend good brand for this.

Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, dylan2 said:

After 3 years , as Gayanath described i am experiencing issues due to malfunctioning 12V battery. I had to parked the vehicle for two weeks and suddenly I am seeing few errors on the dashboard  when i try to start the car and car won't start. it shows break errors, ABS errors, immobilizer on . when i check the battery it is 10.2 V . 

The original battery came with the car was Furukawa 44Ah flood type lead acid battery. past few days ,every morning I try to charge it using external charger.Charge holds around 12.6V  (I may not be charging to it full )and after going 10km to the office  it  drops 10.22V  again. But i was able to start at the evening.

I am thinking of changing battery and can some one recommend good brand for this.

Thanks in advance.

Change the 12V.

Mine also came with a Furukawa battery and when it lost the charge I replaced with a new Furukawa (FB) from the local market. Well as I remember it drained in like a year and wasn't impressed by it.

Then I switched over to a Panasonic maintenance free battery and everything has been fine since then. 

Be sure to match all the specs of the battery when you switch over. Lots of garages would simply match the voltage and replace with the first similar sized battery they see. Try to match CCA, AH and RC and all other specs as closely as you can.

Edited by ramishkad

50 minutes ago, ramishkad said:

Change the 12V.

Mine also came with a Furukawa battery and when it lost the charge I replaced with a new Furukawa (FB) from the local market. Well as I remember it drained in like a year and wasn't impressed by it.

Then I switched over to a Panasonic maintenance free battery and everything has been fine since then. 

Be sure to match all the specs of the battery when you switch over. Lots of garages would simply match the voltage and replace with the first similar sized battery they see. Try to match CCA, AH and RC and all other specs as closely as you can.

I also had a GP1 and faced in to this problem and changed the 12v battery and purchased Panasonic maintenance free battery with same spec and it did not give any trouble