• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Entering To The Car Gang

DELO 5

Question

My dear friends. im reading this forums since I got a mind to buy a car. I learned lot about auto mob: while reading trades. Now I'm in a footage where that the, buy a used japanies or brand new tata indica xeta. my budjet is 1.4m and can go for lease up to 3 lacks.Has any one used this model( Tata Indica Xeta) please be kind enough to comment on pros & cons and fuel consumption and maintainance cost.

My usage will differ from others as Im doing in SLN. car will remain under hood approx 30- 45 days aad run about 500-1000km during vacation (7-9 days)

My suggestion is to avoid TATA cars. In my case, better option would be a used Japanese car. May be a Nissan category and since you don't use it regularly, fuel consumption wouldn't be a problem. A well maintained Japanese car will be a better choice.

My dear friends. im reading this forums since I got a mind to buy a car. I learned lot about auto mob: while reading trades. Now I'm in a footage where that the, buy a used japanies or brand new tata indica xeta. my budjet is 1.4m and can go for lease up to 3 lacks.Has any one used this model( Tata Indica Xeta) please be kind enough to comment on pros & cons and fuel consumption and maintainance cost.

My usage will differ from others as Im doing in SLN. car will remain under hood approx 30- 45 days aad run about 500-1000km during vacation (7-9 days)

If you have been reading threads here then you should know better than that. If this is your first car i strongly suggest you to go for a used japanese in a descent condition.

I test drove the new Indica(xeta),Nano,Alto,Hyundai Eon and Panda within the last month.The Indica is a good car but the Alto seems the more refined and easily sellable too.Reccomend the Alto or Hyundai for private use.

If you're wondering which one I'd choose,I ended up buying two Nanos.

Edited by MasterDon

I test drove the new Indica(xeta),Nano,Alto,Hyundai Eon and Panda within the last month.The Indica is a good car but the Alto seems the more refined and easily sellable too.Reccomend the Alto or Hyundai for private use.

True. I also test drove above all and chery qq except the nano. I can order them as: Eon>Alto>Panda>QQ=eXeta

Panda gives more bang for the buck because of the bells and whistles it comes with, but not a reliable vehicle and the customer service is shite.

QQ and eXeta both have poor build quality, noisy engines, not reliable and very low second hand market.

Eon is good with better build quality and looks, but it is not within your budget.

Alto is the easiest car to live with among these vehicles. True it has no safety features and all., but on the other hand it gives you good fuel economy, lesser maintenance costs and a trouble free ride for at least 2,3 years, if you treat the car fairly.

ideally if i were you I'd go for a Jap car - and if you run very rarely you don't have to care about fuel consumption opening the door to many interesting Japanese cars that are comparatively cheaper due to lower fuel economy.....

but if you insist on a brand new the safer option like many others mentioned would be the Alto...spares aplenty any one can fix it, cheap maintenance and has decent resale value.

As cars for your sales reps? But even, then wouldn't the Alto be the better choice based on reliability and ease of maintenance?

As cars for your sales reps? But even, then wouldn't the Alto be the better choice based on reliability and ease of maintenance?

Yeah something like that.

Not really,Both are sort of equal when it comes to reliability and maintenance.The Alto is definitely more easier on the depreciation.The Nano is truly a fun car to drive as both Supra and esdeez will attest.I got a good deal from D*MO so I went with Nano.

VMT u all 4 repplying me. It's evident enough to avoid TATA, hence altering to used Japs.Now I'm diging to all the websites and news paper ads for 2nd hand. At the movement I'm oscilating between following options and need a little kick to fall to a side.

Honda civic(EK3) or Toyota 110 ( But all are clocked more than 150000km and YOM 1995-1996)

Mazda 323 or Ford Laser

Fb 13 or AE 100 ( No need to go for leasing )

Nissan Wingroad

Suzuki Liana( Accidently sean. looks nice)

Edited by DELO 5

Honda civic(EK3) or Toyota 110

Nissan Wingroad

Good options. AE 100 is a nice car. I didn't own any but friends have many. So AE 100 doesn't give trouble although the Odo is very high. Running repairs and even parts are available almost every corner and easy to maintain.

Other option is to go for a Alto as some suggested above. However its purely based on how you fall in love with a brand or a car.

You can find many threads about how you can choose a good used vehicle on this forum. Read it, visit few cars and inspect. Don't go for the first car you see.

• Like 2

VMT u all 4 repplying me. It's evident enough to avoid TATA, hence altering to used Japs.Now I'm diging to all the websites and news paper ads for 2nd hand. At the movement I'm oscilating between following options and need a little kick to fall to a side.

Honda civic(EK3) or Toyota 110 ( But all are clocked more than 150000km and YOM 1995-1996)

Mazda 323 or Ford Laser

Nissan Wingroad

Suzuki Liana( Accidently sean. looks nice)

Don't worry about the 150000km. For a Jap car that is nothing if the owner has taken car of it.I drove 110 for 3 years.Only had running repairs & nothing major.It's also first good car to have.

I would always go with a Japanese option.. Toyota Sprinter or a Tercel would be a good choice I think on the 1.4 M budget.. got very little regard on Indian cars.. if you are planning to run the car to the dust in 3/4 years before all these rust problems creeping in Indian car could be a good choice..

Have you owned/used a QQ before? Can you please care to explain what is not reliable about the QQ?

One of my close friend is using QQ near 5 years, expect running repairs. no issues at all. Everything is depending on how you care it. Even you can simple find vehicles from well-known brands like Toyota, Nissan etc. with worst condition. My personal feeling is all vehicle brand are reliable until you properly maintain it. Only deference is how difficult (cost factor) to maintain it.

Have you owned/used a QQ before? Can you please care to explain what is not reliable about the QQ?

I haven't owned one, but my neighbor did.

He used the car for about an year without any engine issue. But before six months, 2 door opening handles broke, A/C controls came off. And after about an year, he had to replace clutch plates, brake pads and few other repairs with less than 20k kms on the clock. Then so many other issues followed: rear wiper not working, power shutter failures, rattling sounds, more interior bits falling off..

He was not the kind who torture their vehicles, so he was very upset about the car's condition in spite of the way he treated it.

He sold it after 2 years.

Good options. AE 100 is a nice car. I didn't own any but friends have many. So AE 100 doesn't give trouble although the Odo is very high. Running repairs and even parts are available almost every corner and easy to maintain.

Other option is to go for a Alto as some suggested above. However its purely based on how you fall in love with a brand or a car.

You can find many threads about how you can choose a good used vehicle on this forum. Read it, visit few cars and inspect. Don't go for the first car you see.

thank you bro. now I'm lock-on to used japs. Some pers are telling that don't go behind ODO. Engine can replace easily and look for condition (body, chase wiring etc) What do I do? Please

this is true for petrol engines and if any repair to be done it will not cost fortune ! go for any Nissan or Toyota YOM after 1998

So the car will be not used for 7 weeks and used for 1 week... I know this may sound stupid, but wouldn't it be cheaper to RENT a car? For your case I see many benefits:

1. You dont have to worry about maintenance and repairs on the few free days you have

2. You get to choose a new car every time you need one

3. No need to worry about a dead battery when u start the car in 7-8 weeks. Just pick up the car n drive it away.

4. Based on your needs you can hire a bigger car or van if u plan to go on a trip etc.

Renting even a premium car like an Allion is about 30,000 a week.. a vios or a corolla 121 around 25000.... If you need the car only once every 8 weeks thats about 6-7 times a year... meaning less than 200,000... Insurance, servicing, maintenance, interest on finance etc will be something close to that... then there's annual depreciation of the vehicle... So its cheaper for you to put your money in a fix deposit and rent a car with the interest you earn...

• Like 6

Thank you all for spear your valuable thoughts and time on me. Finlay I managed to find well maintained AE 100, 1.25 million YOM/YOR 91/95.Full option. really comfortable car than tata or maruti though it is 20 yeara old.

I tried to upload a photo but its not happening here. Is there a particular format to do so?

Edited by DELO 5
  • Like 1

So the car will be not used for 7 weeks and used for 1 week... I know this may sound stupid, but wouldn't it be cheaper to RENT a car? For your case I see many benefits:

1. You dont have to worry about maintenance and repairs on the few free days you have

2. You get to choose a new car every time you need one

3. No need to worry about a dead battery when u start the car in 7-8 weeks. Just pick up the car n drive it away.

4. Based on your needs you can hire a bigger car or van if u plan to go on a trip etc.

Renting even a premium car like an Allion is about 30,000 a week.. a vios or a corolla 121 around 25000.... If you need the car only once every 8 weeks thats about 6-7 times a year... meaning less than 200,000... Insurance, servicing, maintenance, interest on finance etc will be something close to that... then there's annual depreciation of the vehicle... So its cheaper for you to put your money in a fix deposit and rent a car with the interest you earn...

Yes 100% true. But renting is not so easy as I stays in bit of rural area and also it is not feasible to rent when ad-hock requirement emerged. Any way thank you for replying me. I brought toyota AE100 and run 200km as it brought. nothing major to do. just to make few refinements on lights, AC and door locks.

Another thing is that, I read yr post after the deal, because I was so busy for looking cars. with the latest budget I might have think twice with the facts u mentioned. now its done. thank u again.