• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kia Sportage Silencer - 2011

DVT

Question

Dear All,

My KIA sportage silencer beat was not normal and showed her to Agent work shop while I was there to buy front brake pads.

They said it looks like the silencer barrel is damaged inside and need replacement. I was wondering can the silencer barrel be damaged so fast and he said this does not happen frequently and even they do not have stocks in hand.

Cannot wait until they get it down and even the cost is about 50K.

Do you recommend me going to a normal silencer place and get a replacement faster and cheaper and if so , what should I check please.

Please share your knowledge.

2 answers to this question

Just curious does this have 2 barrels or one which can be seen at the rear end?

Because I have seen Micro kyron (if im not mistaken) which has 2 barrels (big one in the middle, and a tiny one towards the rear end) once changed the rear end barrel at Elcardo. Check with them, may be they can help you out..

Just curious does this have 2 barrels or one which can be seen at the rear end?

Because I have seen Micro kyron (if im not mistaken) which has 2 barrels (big one in the middle, and a tiny one towards the rear end) once changed the rear end barrel at Elcardo. Check with them, may be they can help you out..

Thanks for you note..

Spoke them and realized that they do not have silencers for sale but they build up based on the model/ spec..... they said the thickness of the plates being used for this is 0.75 mm and the cost would be between 10k to 15 k..

• Like 1