• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Service Toyota

Dushan_SL

They will cost you for each and every small thing (even tightening of a nut) and finally your bill will be 18,000+ including lots of unwanted things. In addition to that, they will recommends you Engine tune up (cleaning), scanning, etc for high cost but those are not even in the car maintenance manual too.

You could do same things around 8,000 from other good place.

Do the first one from them and take the experience. Then decide the next.......

• Like 1

They will cost you for each and every small thing (even tightening of a nut) and finally your bill will be 18,000+ including lots of unwanted things. In addition to that, they will recommends you Engine tune up (cleaning), scanning, etc for high cost but those are not even in the car maintenance manual too.

You could do same things around 8,000 from other good place.

Do the first one from them and take the experience. Then decide the next.......

I have noticed TL has recommended engine tune ups for vehicles with pretty low mileage

• Like 1

I have noticed TL has recommended engine tune ups for vehicles with pretty low mileage

That's nothing. They once recommended an overhaul on my 121 with 100,000km for a minor and intermittent hiccup. Tested compression but nothing found. Did a clean up, ran the car daily for another 25,000km and sold it with the engine still in perfect condition.

Hi Dushan_SL

They have display the approximate cost of regular service for each vehicle category. Just drop-in to their service centre. You can check in a large display next to the service counter.

The cost is little high. It is true.

I never get a bill under Rs.12,000.00 even in the labour free service intervals at 5th, 10th 15th & etc.

But I was happy. No issue in my car for last 4 1/2 years. Mine was a Toyota Axio 2008.

Thanks for replies..

TL told me that its going to cost 15K for the First service..

Didn't they tell you what is included with the 15K of the first service? At the very best it will be an oil and filter change, tire rotation and a scan in addition to inspection of other fluids (brake and coolant but perhaps not CVT), cleaning and a wash up. How come a 2014 car is still only due for the first service when we are now in the 10th month of 2015?

• Like 1

Didn't they tell you what is included with the 15K of the first service? At the very best it will be an oil and filter change, tire rotation and a scan in addition to inspection of other fluids (brake and coolant but perhaps not CVT), cleaning and a wash up. How come a 2014 car is still only due for the first service when we are now in the 10th month of 2015?

Yes they said its only the oil and Filter change , other extra things , that i dnt have any idea.The mileage is nearly 5000.Im not a daily user of my car.thanks for details.

Edited by Dushan_SL

Hi Dushan_SL

They have display the approximate cost of regular service for each vehicle category. Just drop-in to their service centre. You can check in a large display next to the service counter.

The cost is little high. It is true.

I never get a bill under Rs.12,000.00 even in the labour free service intervals at 5th, 10th 15th & etc.

But I was happy. No issue in my car for last 4 1/2 years. Mine was a Toyota Axio 2008.

1. How you got labor free services. Toyota Axio is a domestic model and no warranty from TL.

2. Even you properly changed engine oil, oil filter and air filter only, most of the time you could run your car for 4 1/2 years without any issue. This is not a great thing done by TL

As per the manual the tune up is every 20,000 km right ?

No dear, nothing stated in the manual (I mean Aqua (prius C) Japanese manual bec Toyota Axio engine and transaxal are same with aqua) and need to clean while changing the spark plugs only. At-least doing at 80,000* km is worth (*the value is my suggestion only). Toyota is manufacturing cars for use with very less maintenance.

Why the hell doing unnecessary dis-assembly of parts with sensors, etc by using mechanics which giving you more trouble than keeping it without disassembling.

• Like 1

1. How you got labor free services. Toyota Axio is a domestic model and no warranty from TL.

2. Even you properly changed engine oil, oil filter and air filter only, most of the time you could run your car for 4 1/2 years without any issue. This is not a great thing done by TL

When I do the first service with them they gave a red colour Vehicle maintenance book and it has coupons for 5th 10th 15th etc. Labour free.

Yes I did all services on time. May be because of that I had no issues.

• Like 1