• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Insurance Claim Rejected

Parani

Question

Hi guys.....it is my virgin post.......but i am not new to this forum. i gained a lot via this very forum. now also i am in a confused situation what to do next.i kindly need your valuable advise on that.

my car got an accident 2 months back and it was fully damaged (beyond repairs) :speechless-smiley-003:. at the time of the accident, my friend drove the vehicle and it was under rent a car insurance (so i believe no issue regarding who drove the vehicle at the time of an accident). my friend informed to the Insurance company. assessor came to the the scene after one & half hours back. before that, police came to the place and brought the vehicle to the police station. next day i went to the insurance company and submitted necessary documents.

after that they told me that they are doing an investigation that they normally do. i was fine with that. but, they dragged 2 months for that. one private investigator hired by the insurance company did the investigation and got all the details from my friend, police, myself and etc....... gave the report as genuine. after that when i contacted the company they told me that they were not satisfied with the report and they want to do an another investigation. for that they brought someone called government analyst & what they did was just saw the vehicle (mind u it is 2 months after the accident and the car was all dusted & rusted in the rain and sun)and give the report saying that the accident has not been occurred at the said place and on the particular time and date mentioned by us. so the claim is rejected :speechless-smiley-004:

i do not know what to do guys. please i need your assistance. please help me guys. share your thoughts.

• Like 1

what about the police report regarding the accident.. in general it should say where, when and how it happened... I think that's a document any institution will recognize and if I am you I will hire a lawyer.. get a copy of the police report and send them a nice reply with request of they are covering your legal cost too..

• Like 4

whats the Insurance Company? Just like those buggers.. make hell, shout out loud.. keep the police guys informed. Once a cop helped me get a claim which insurance assesor tried to reject saying it was an earlier incident.. I always find it easy to deal with the higher management guys..The small guys are the assholes

• Like 5

Go public, if you think your claim is legitimate.

Insurance guys do not like bad publicity.

I have seen something like this on one of the social media sites recently and finally they agreed to settle the claim in favour of the claimant to any more avoid bad publicity.

I suggest, go public with name of the company and others who were involved in this episode

Please keep all of us updated.

Good luck.

Go public, if you think your claim is legitimate.

Insurance guys do not like bad publicity.

I have seen something like this on one of the social media sites recently and finally they agreed to settle the claim in favour of the claimant to any more avoid bad publicity.

I suggest, go public with name of the company and others who were involved in this episode

Please keep all of us updated.

Good luck.

• Like 2

Similar topic was under discussion in http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/16571-insurance-claim-rejection/?hl=%2Binsurance+%2Bclaim

only if you bothered to search. (BTW is this Sakvithi's insurance company or something? :D) Usually these extended investigations are their delaying tactics. Unless there is solid evidence to reject your claim one day they will pay but do everything to drag the case as long as possible. I don't think they have given you their stand in writing have they? Demand a letter in writing giving the reasons for their rejection. If they do they have solid evidence but still you can go to ombudsman and prove your case. Best approach is to go to ombudsman with all the evidence and fight your case.

Was there any third party damage? if so aren't they a party to the claim?

Edited by Rumesh88
  • Like 1

There's a pinned post in autolanka,regarding insurance claim by myself. Read it and find that anything could be learned.

As per the story.

This should be UNION ASSUARANCE.

Correct me if I am wrong.

The Car owner is in fear to mention the name of the Insurance company. Others are in danger!. Yes, U Axxx has a history of this type. However Pxxxni

should confirm as he published this matter. Knowing Information is a Human-right !.

There's a pinned post in autolanka,regarding insurance claim by myself. Read it and find that anything could be learned.

As per the story.

This should be UNION ASSUARANCE.

Correct me if I am wrong.

The Car owner is in fear to mention the name of the Insurance company. Others are in danger!. Yes, U Axxx has a history of this type. However Pxxxni

should confirm as he published this matter. Knowing Information is a Human-right !.

Well we should not jump the gun here. We know only the OP's explanation given above. With all due respect to the OP, the insurer also must have some solid reason for them to cling on to reject the claim in writing. We all know that the police reports can be bought (after all if you can buy the law what is a police report? Some of you may hate me when I say this but I don't expect my country to be another "king who walked naked"). Insurers have their own methods to protect themsevles against bogus claims and of course sometimes it is the genuine customers who get the beating more than the real culprits.

Edited by Rumesh88

You should let all of us know what the insurance company is.

What I do normally is getting it from a broker. Had terrible experience with many insurance people in the past.

With broker, I get lower rates as well as the broker is helpful to deal with claims rather than getting it through agents.

• Like 1

It seems j********i is in discussion to buy AIA. :(

OT but yes, J*n*sh*kthi AIA (general insurance) deal is all but confirmed. Not sure if JI will change any branding or new policy details of AIA. It's concerning because the approach of the two to motor insurance has been contrasting.

@Parani,

If what you are telling is totally true you can claim that insurance. When it comes to the huge claims or total replacement these some of insurance buggers try to avoid the payment telling various things. If your talking with higher management of the insurance company is not fruitful you should hire a good lawyer.

@Parani,

If what you are telling is totally true you can claim that insurance. When it comes to the huge claims or total replacement these some of insurance buggers try to avoid the payment telling various things. If your talking with higher management of the insurance company is not fruitful you should hire a good lawyer.

That is what i did. i spoke to the top management and asked them to give me the real reason (what evidence basis they have rejected) to reject my claim.i am just waiting for their reply.

• Like 1