• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Insurance Policy And Drunk Driver

james

Drunk driving is a serious traffic offence. If the person is drunk, he is not fit to drive. If a vehicle is driven by someone who is not fit to drive (minors, unlicensed drivers, drunk drivers, dogs...) then the insurance company will not settle the claim. Its plain and simple. Also your friend will get his license suspended for 6 months.

I hope your friend broke a leg or something.

Idiots like that should be shot before they hurt someone.

Best answer.

Is it even a question ????

Drunk driving is not covered by ANY insurance ANYWHERE on the planet !

I am also surprised that the licence gets suspended only for 6 months ! In most parts of the world you get fined, thrown in jail and licence revoked (i.e. after a certain period of years you can re-apply for a new licence).

In Japan, if the driver is charged for drunk driving, whilst the above applies, the passengers in the car (if there are any) will also get fined ! <and yes that has helped significantly to reduce drunk driving>

• Like 3

In Japan, if the driver is charged for drunk driving, whilst the above applies, the passengers in the car (if there are any) will also get fined ! <and yes that has helped significantly to reduce drunk driving>

That's a good one for those stupid enough to let a drunken driver transport them. I can never forget that my father died in an accident involving a drunken motorcyclist.

That's a good one for those stupid enough to let a drunken driver transport them. I can never forget that my father died in an accident involving a drunken motorcyclist.

So sad to hear that. One of my friend's had an accident (small single vehicle crash though) and he was bit drunk but somehow convinced the on scene insurence guy that he's not drunk and got the claim. Their are always loop holes in our systems.

One of my friend met with an accident and at the moment he was drunk. so insurance people not passing the claim. What is the insurance law behind this. Is the agreement include if driver is drunk or nor license the claim not given??

You must have some balls to actually ask this question in the forum...help your drunk friend out?... are you kidding me?

I don't think any car enthusiast here would drink and drive... I don't even have a single drop of beer if I'm driving...

Also, does anyone know actually how long should we wait to sober up/ safe to drive after consuming alchohol?

One of my friend met with an accident and at the moment he was drunk. so insurance people not passing the claim. What is the insurance law behind this. Is the agreement include if driver is drunk or nor license the claim not given??

An insurance policy is a legal contract between the insurer and the insured. A contract becomes invalid among other things when the purpose under the contract is illegal. Hence it follows that when a vehicle is driven by someone under the influence of alcohol above legal limits, the insurance contract cannot be enforced. You cannot enter into a contract for illegal purposes (eg: sales contracts for marijuana, rental contract for a brothel or employment contracts for prostitutes in SL) and hence you cannot enhance the policy to cover perils under drunken driving. (Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer :D).

An insurance policy is a legal contract between the insurer and the insured. A contract becomes invalid among other things when the purpose under the contract is illegal. Hence it follows that when a vehicle is driven by someone under the influence of alcohol above legal limits, the insurance contract cannot be enforced. You cannot enter into a contract for illegal purposes (eg: sales contracts for marijuana, rental contract for a brothel or employment contracts for prostitutes in SL) and hence you cannot enhance the policy to cover perils under drunken driving. (Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer :D).

your point is clear.

but you can insure the car without the license. let say you met with a accident and the vehicle didn't licensed and it still a civil case. but the insurance company agree to pass the claim.

so what will happened if drunken driver hit our car? still the same argument are they not going to pay?

your point is clear.

but you can insure the car without the license. let say you met with a accident and the vehicle didn't licensed and it still a civil case. but the insurance company agree to pass the claim.

so what will happened if drunken driver hit our car? still the same argument are they not going to pay?

Your argument is equal to: dogs have four legs, my cat has four legs. Therefore my cat should give birth to little puppies. It's a logical fallacy. There's no legal way to get a claim approved for drunk driving. Revenue license is just a way to provide revenue to the provincial council. It has nothing to do with safety of vehicle or passengers.

If a drunk driver hits your car, HIS insurance company can and will refuse to pay you. However, you can file a court case and get damages from him (not his insurance company). Your insurance company can pay you.

Drunk driving is the single highest cause of accidents all over the world. Upto 300,000 accidents happen every DAY due to drunk driving. You should not be trying to protect your friend if he drove drunk. Remember, what happened to Rumesh's dad (sad to hear that) can happen to you or a loved one.

• Like 5

So Sorry to hear that Rumesh.

Drunk driving should be considered a very serious offence a 6 month ban does not suffice. because a selfish self control-less prick doesn't have the balls to refrain from drinking (and is then too arrogant, drunk or stingy to acknowledge he shud take a taxi) another persons life is endangered...

Edited by matroska

You must have some balls to actually ask this question in the forum...help your drunk friend out?... are you kidding me?

I don't think any car enthusiast here would drink and drive... I don't even have a single drop of beer if I'm driving...

Also, does anyone know actually how long should we wait to sober up/ safe to drive after consuming alchohol?

There is no exact time for that its only matter of time till u sober up

There is no exact time for that its only matter of time till u sober up

Hmmm yeah... usually a 4 hour sleep would make you sober even if you have heavy drinks... but not sure if the alchohol percentage in your body will totally drain during that 4 hour sleep and get you back to the normal system....

Was this a black Allion and did the accident happen close to the Bellanthara junction?