• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Micro Tivoli

dasunh

• 2 weeks later...

I had a quick look at it when going to micro once.. I fell for it really.. The interior and exterior looked good... The best combo is white with silver railings and black interior.. its a 1.6 engine though, myt be underpowered.. I searched quite a bit online cos I seriously considered letting go of the FD1 and buying it... The price was also ok. 4.2 million and upwards.. But the fully loaded spec u get in the UK is not available here.. Ideal motors is also importing them, but the warranty is from Micro.. oh almost forgot.. Ideal Imports from Korea,Micro assembles it locally.. Ideal qoutes 1 million more than micro though (5.4 million ? up) Dint go further cos micro was involved in either importers and the 1.6 is a big turn off for me, But I love the design.. Try to import one from UK or korea personally with all the goodies, there even the base model has 7 airbags, here only dual.. and micro gets the alloys painted black here which look shitty, and they were chinese el cheapo alloys..

The new instrument cluster and electronic steering modes are similar to KIA (Sportage ) / Hyundai models.

Even the sorento diesel has a 2.2 Ltr engine which produces 200bhp. So 1.6 engine might not be so laggy.

Why dont you try a test run and see.

Look like a nice crossover...........

One positive thing I can mention about Tivoli. Upto now, ssangyong relied on Australian Made DIS Automatic gear boxes (present owner is Geely-china), those are prone for mechanical issues result in expensive repairs. For Tivoli, they have moved to a Japanese Aisin Automatic Gear box. This must be a very good positive side.

However, in future micro will not get lot of money from tivolies as they are collecting by repairing faulty gear boxes of Actions, Kyrons at extraordinary rates.

Edited by udayap

I had a quick look at it when going to micro once.. I fell for it really.. The interior and exterior looked good... The best combo is white with silver railings and black interior.. its a 1.6 engine though, myt be underpowered.. I searched quite a bit online cos I seriously considered letting go of the FD1 and buying it... The price was also ok. 4.2 million and upwards.. But the fully loaded spec u get in the UK is not available here.. Ideal motors is also importing them, but the warranty is from Micro.. oh almost forgot.. Ideal Imports from Korea,Micro assembles it locally.. Ideal qoutes 1 million more than micro though (5.4 million ? up) Dint go further cos micro was involved in either importers and the 1.6 is a big turn off for me, But I love the design.. Try to import one from UK or korea personally with all the goodies, there even the base model has 7 airbags, here only dual.. and micro gets the alloys painted black here which look shitty, and they were chinese el cheapo alloys..

Regarding alloys, indeed Micro does such poor quality work on vehicles degrading the real value of these products. I can remember, my Korando came with muffler ends (exhaust pipe) painted black color by Micro. The paint started to peel off within a week after the usage. Apparently, during the warranty period I had to replace whole silencer barrel and muffler (locally made) with Korean made one. Surprisingly, even after 3 years, black color of muffler tips are intact.

Edited by udayap

Ohh thanx dude.. yes thats the main reason(Micro) I dint go for a tivoli, love its interior and exterior though. Mchn how is the korando coping up? Is the tivoli in the same league? is the fuel economy horrendous as guys here say it is? My friend in UK is willing to buy a fully loaded version and register it and send it as a recon.. I can get a fully loaded diesel 4WD Auto for under £20,000.. still cheaper cos its loaded

Ohh thanx dude.. yes thats the main reason(Micro) I dint go for a tivoli, love its interior and exterior though. Mchn how is the korando coping up? Is the tivoli in the same league? is the fuel economy horrendous as guys here say it is? My friend in UK is willing to buy a fully loaded version and register it and send it as a recon.. I can get a fully loaded diesel 4WD Auto for under £20,000.. still cheaper cos its loaded

The vehicle I own coping up well. now almost 35000 km done. No issues except the broken door actuator. It costed me Rs 8000 to fix. fuel economy around 8-9 km/l in the city and 12-13 out side. It has plenty of power and i enjoy the handling, though there is a considerable turbo lag.

• Like 1

Following link may help to find the features you mentioned.

www.autoexpress.co.uk/ssangyong/tivoli

Diesel version is much better as per specifications though little high on price. BTW I'm going to test drive petrol one on tommorrow.

Let you inform later.

Cheers.

Following link may help to find the features you mentioned.

www.autoexpress.co.uk/ssangyong/tivoli

Diesel version is much better as per specifications though little high on price. BTW I'm going to test drive petrol one on tommorrow.

Let you inform later.

Cheers.

Pls do mate, and also some pics if its not a bother. :)

post-49549-0-32072100-1445690841_thumb.j

Guys,

I visited Micro showroom today and drove the TIVOLI. Well, the finish of the vehicle all right though so many plastics there. The test drive car is full option one with two tone (Red and Black top) as seen in below picture. Observed sufficient leg and head spaces over rear seats. It's wider and feels so roomy. Nice large boot to pack lot. Seats are two toned.

But I felt lack of power while accelerating the car. Slight jerk felt while shifting gear lever in between positions. Well this is just the feeling comparing to my FIT GP1! Manual switch of gear (tiptronic) placed close to the knob on driver side as a sliding switch! (I'm not familiar with this kind of shifting). Also light control including signals placed at left side of the wheel (Totally confused me). Wiper switch on right side. Tilt steering wheel is without up and down adjustment. Had to use seat adjuster to overcome that.

Consumption as per their estimation to be 8-9kmpl in city and 12kmpl outstation! Diesel version will do much better, as per UK reviews!

Ground clearance is 167mm as per specification and managed to take the car which was parked on the pavement to the road without kissing below. Therefore this might be ok.

Orders taken these days are going to ship on end of December. Diesel car would not available for a test drive even in December. Prices are starting from 4.4M for petrol and 4.8M for diesel inclusive of all taxes.

Edited by WCW

Good to hear! Thanks for the information!

Welcome mate,

Forget to mention not more than two air bags come as a safety feature in alll available models. :sad-smiley-050:

Edited by WCW

Welcome mate,

Forget to mention not more than two air bags come as a safety feature in alll available models. :sad-smiley-050:

I think that's how they have kept the price low. I'm okay with the everything(even cheap plastic interior) except felt lack of power while accelerating,Slight jerk felt while shifting gear lever as you mentioned.

And the second hand value if I'm to sell.

Guys I don't you think that Ssangyong products will be same as earlier lot as it's already been acquired by Indian Auto Mobile manufacture Mahendra. So in the future,there will be changes to it's platforms as well. Whatever it is the looks and price tag is attractive.

I think that's how they have kept the price low. I'm okay with the everything(even cheap plastic interior) except felt lack of power while accelerating,Slight jerk felt while shifting gear lever as you mentioned.

And the second hand value if I'm to sell.

Better off from petrol and try the diesel car. Many of UK reviews suggested the same. About plastics; well it's not cheap, good interior design. Also sound system is pretty good, it's Harman Kardon!

Better off from petrol and try the diesel car. Many of UK reviews suggested the same. About plastics; well it's not cheap, good interior design. Also sound system is pretty good, it's Harman Kardon!

What's the reason that you think diesel is better than the petrol one? I'm asking because I don't know.

In my opinion diesel is 4.9 where as petrol is 4.4. I guess the petrol will have a lesser depreciation compared to diesel. Anyway 3/4 year down the line I don't think it will value more than 3M anyway(diesel or petrol) considering market for the used Micro vehicles.

What's the reason that you think diesel is better than the petrol one? I'm asking because I don't know.

In my opinion diesel is 4.9 where as petrol is 4.4. I guess the petrol will have a lesser depreciation compared to diesel. Anyway 3/4 year down the line I don't think it will value more than 3M anyway(diesel or petrol) considering market for the used Micro vehicles.

Reasons are

Less emissions :"The 1.6-litre diesel pumps out CO2 emissions of 113g/km (in 2WD) but the best the 1.6 petrol can manage is 149g/km",

Better Fuel consumption,

Longer life span, because of runnig at slow speed,

Price differance is very little (diesel one is 4.8M not 4.9M) and

Better torque, though little less pulling power.

Of course no argument about second hand market, but why do you worry about it in first place? You may use vehicle for longer if it is good.

Edited by WCW

Reasons are

Less emissions :"The 1.6-litre diesel pumps out CO2 emissions of 113g/km (in 2WD) but the best the 1.6 petrol can manage is 149g/km",

Better Fuel consumption,

Longer life span, because of runnig at slow speed,

Price differance is very little (diesel one is 4.8M not 4.9M) and

Better torque, though little less pulling power.

Of course no argument about second hand market, but why do you worry about it in first place? You may use vehicle for longer if it is good.

Agreed.

But over time we always want to try something new. Maximum I can hold on to a vehicle is 5 years because we are living in a revolutionizing world. It's my personal opinion :-P

Edited by dasunh