• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Duty Officially Increased (October 7Th) Gazette Notification No. 1933/16

MoneyMaker

As far as I know Aqua is around 12~13mil JPY for auctioned cars in japan. (damaged due to accedents and repaired by SL people in Japan and sold. auction grade R). I think Aqua brand new goes around 20~21mil Yen (not sure) here.

So does this mean I have to pay tax for 24mil yen, even if I buy for 12mil yen in japan?

if I can afford brand new in japan, once imported to SL there is no difference in tax paid regardless of price in paid in Japan?

As far as I know Aqua is around 12~13mil JPY for auctioned cars in japan. (damaged due to accedents and repaired by SL people in Japan and sold. auction grade R). I think Aqua brand new goes around 20~21mil Yen (not sure) here.

So does this mean I have to pay tax for 24mil yen, even if I buy for 12mil yen in japan?

if I can afford brand new in japan, once imported to SL there is no difference in tax paid regardless of price in paid in Japan?

Yes....the only savings you make is on the purchase price. But that is what has ALWAYS been the case. Taxes are based on customs valuation not your purchase price.