• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Belta 2007/2008 Or Allion 240

dhanuFB15

Dear AL Members.

I willing to upgrade my car in to Belta 2007/2008 or Allion 240 , Still i am moving above two options. i expect your expert answers please.

And Same time There are several Grades in Belta ( example G Grade). Please let me know what are the differenciates between Grades.

Your consideration and answers are highly appriciate

Dear AL Members.

I willing to upgrade my car in to Belta 2007/2008 or Allion 240 , Still i am moving above two options. i expect your expert answers please.

And Same time There are several Grades in Belta ( example G Grade). Please let me know what are the differenciates between Grades.

i would go ahead with belta if i were u.

go newest possible year 1.3L model. G grade would give u rpm, back arm rest, push button start. and not essential options though.

advantages over 240,

newer, economical, compact size, cvt gears

240 over belta,

.more spacious, more power, more default options like rpm, glossy interior panels

• Like 1

well ideally the heart would say to go for the 240 which is more car for that price range BUT allion 240s are now old... ive seen a few where the interior has started to get shabby plus most of these cars have been abused to death now. A good family friend of mine was pondering over a belta or a 240 and eventually got a 240 and spent a considerable sum on basic repairs. Belta would be sensible if you are ok with the bland design. I don't know if there are many grades for Belta like corolla . but as Uditha said go for the one with the RPM and arm rests.

Belta - Pros

Newer

More economical

Less repairs

Cons

Less space

Body shape (that's personal)

Less bells & whistles

Allion - Pros

Spacious

More options

Body shape (personal)

Better handling

Cons

More repairs (just assuming by one being a bit older than the other)

Fuel economy (belta does better)

i would go ahead with belta if i were u.

go newest possible year 1.3L model. G grade would give u rpm, back arm rest, push button start. and not essential options though.

advantages over 240,

newer, economical, compact size, cvt gears

240 over belta,

.more spacious, more power, more default options like rpm, glossy interior panels

Thanks my dear friend.....And i have to add one more thing. Lot of people ( specially garge bass) recomended Allion than belta due lack of mechanical problems. Is that true?

well ideally the heart would say to go for the 240 which is more car for that price range BUT allion 240s are now old... ive seen a few where the interior has started to get shabby plus most of these cars have been abused to death now. A good family friend of mine was pondering over a belta or a 240 and eventually got a 240 and spent a considerable sum on basic repairs. Belta would be sensible if you are ok with the bland design. I don't know if there are many grades for Belta like corolla . but as Uditha said go for the one with the RPM and arm rests.

Thanks buddy...according to you suggestions allion is too old and it turning to more mechanical faults than belta..ya it will be good point,

On other value thing is go fo G grade..? ya it also good point.

One thing need to consider.is belta 1000cc under power in sl route condtions?

Belta - Pros

Newer

More economical

Less repairs

Cons

Less space

Body shape (that's personal)

Less bells & whistles

Allion - Pros

Spacious

More options

Body shape (personal)

Better handling

Cons

More repairs (just assuming by one being a bit older than the other)

Fuel economy (belta does better)

Thanks mate

Belta - Pros

Newer -plus point

More economical - plus point

Less repairs - plus point

Cons

Less space - manageble

Body shape (that's personal)- that ok

Less bells & whistles -that ok

Allion - Pros

Spacious - manageble

More options - i would like to know what are those agaist belta...

Body shape (personal) -manageble

Better handling - plus point

Cons

More repairs (just assuming by one being a bit older than the other) - minus point

Fuel economy (belta does better) - minus point

Accodring to your analysis ...No doubt it's belta for me

Thanks my dear friend.....And i have to add one more thing. Lot of people ( specially garge bass) recomended Allion than belta due lack of mechanical problems. Is that true?

Garage people simply love it when you buy a relatively older car. Not saying 240 is bad but many of them started to show their age. Finding an unmolested one is the key in whichever case. Though newer Belta is rather simple in mechanics I must say.

• Like 1

Dear AL Members.

As someone mentioned going for the newest possible is the best but still the 240 Series Allion is almost a Good Looking Sedan car with no doubt and It has got its class and Beltas are more like toys and I would say Go for a well maintained Allion 240 despite fuel efficiency

Thanks buddy...according to you suggestions allion is too old and it turning to more mechanical faults than belta..ya it will be good point,

If you are going for the Belta then it would be anyway good to go for the 1.3 L version. the 1000 cc has the same engine as the Vitz ...Having driven a 1.3 L engine Nissan (as opposed to 1.5) for almost a decade I know how frustrating it is to drive an underpowered car youll be grateful for the extra bit of power the 1.3 Belta gives

Id suggest you keep an open mind and take it case by case look for both and if you get an Allion 240 in really good condition go for it else go for the belta.

I would reccomend the Allion 240.. its a much better car in everyway... get a well maintained car. Or you could get a honda FD1 or a FD4,a good car can be got for about 3.3 million... the best buy.. I ride a FD1, so I know

Edited by fiat fan

Even the 1.3L belta feels underpowered with A/C or 5 people

Making car underpowered by AC is not the case with Toyota like that of some other make as per my personal experience.

For those, turning OFF the AC was like you ON Turbo.

5 people in a car is in fact a some what heavy load for a sedan....

Exactly.. You have to go for 1.3 L which is fuel efficient as well. Bec 1000 cc is not matching with our City traffic condition due to less power to weight ratio.

Garage people simply love it when you buy a relatively older car. Not saying 240 is bad but many of them started to show their age. Finding an unmolested one is the key in whichever case. Though newer Belta is rather simple in mechanics I must say.

yes.it will be....I am turning between allion 240, belta or vios 2007 it's such difficult problem to handle.....anyway thanks my dear AL friends

As someone mentioned going for the newest possible is the best but still the 240 Series Allion is almost a Good Looking Sedan car with no doubt and It has got its class and Beltas are more like toys and I would say Go for a well maintained Allion 240 despite fuel efficiency

yes but allions now functioning over 1lack KMs, and need to find well maintain one is such difficult

If you are going for the Belta then it would be anyway good to go for the 1.3 L version. the 1000 cc has the same engine as the Vitz ...Having driven a 1.3 L engine Nissan (as opposed to 1.5) for almost a decade I know how frustrating it is to drive an underpowered car youll be grateful for the extra bit of power the 1.3 Belta gives

Id suggest you keep an open mind and take it case by case look for both and if you get an Allion 240 in really good condition go for it else go for the belta.

this would be good answer friend..thanks again

I would reccomend the Allion 240.. its a much better car in everyway... get a well maintained car. Or you could get a honda FD1 or a FD4,a good car can be got for about 3.3 million... the best buy.. I ride a FD1, so I know

Thanks buddy....honda is not in my mind friend

Dear Friend

What is the difference between VIOS\(2007 and after) and belta(2 007 and after).i heard vios is for thailand and belta for JDM. please kindly expain technical and marketing differences

Vios is 1.5 (1NZ-FE) Variant with Conventional Auto box U340E (Not CVT) which is assembled in Thailand. if i were you i would stay away from high mileage CVT equipped cars as most of them will give trouble which is expensive to replace than older Conventional Autoboxes which can overhaul. but that's just me. :)

Edited by Ruslan