• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Sale Ownera Telling 30% Tax Increase

esanda007

Well there were quite a few Autolankans wanting/hoping for a tax increase as a solution to the congestion problem . Consider their wish granted LMAO.....

Well, as much as I am thrilled, it will not solve the congestion issue. The only way it will be solved i if you put law that will curb vehicle numbers on the roads. such as limiting Tuks in the city, Car pooling, removing all road side parking, taxing cars that enter the city at certain times, etc.

If parking is made premium then people will not bring their cars. Good example is the utter chaos outside Galle face in the evenings during holidays. Dunno wtf these people see in going to GF on a holiday.

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 4

Well, as much as I am thrilled, it will not solve the congestion issue. The only way it will be solved i if you put law that will curb vehicle numbers on the roads. such as limiting Tuks in the city, Car pooling, removing all road side parking, taxing cars that enter the city at certain times, etc.

If parking is made premium then people will not bring their cars. Good example is the utter chaos outside Galle face in the evenings during holidays. Dunno wtf these people see in going to GF on a holiday.

Ha ha... this is the reason we stay home and drink on holidays! :)

man you should see the Negombo beach park on holidays. GF is chaos, but that.... its in a completely different level of utter chaos.

Well there were quite a few Autolankans wanting/hoping for a tax increase as a solution to the congestion problem . Consider their wish granted LMAO.....

What was expected was a crippling tax increase, not targeted assassination of JDMs :)

Well the Alto takes less space on the road right than any JDMs or other cars ? :)

Maybe that's why they haven't increased that , so Jai Hind !

What was expected was a crippling tax increase, not targeted assassination of JDMs :)

Well the Alto takes less space on the road right than any JDMs or other cars ? :)

Maybe that's why they haven't increased that , so Jai Hind !

It is not just JDMs it is also other brands like BMW, Merc. People are just harping about JDMs because that is what our loving responsible media shallowly reported. Also, people are more concerned about JDMs because that is what the majority were able to afford for a long long time.

As for size, I think most JDM kei cars are as equal to or smaller than the Alto...

It is not just JDMs it is also other brands like BMW, Merc. People are just harping about JDMs because that is what our loving responsible media shallowly reported. Also, people are more concerned about JDMs because that is what the majority were able to afford for a long long time.

As for size, I think most JDM kei cars are as equal to or smaller than the Alto...

And better

The Maruto Alto is based on the Japanese Kei car of the same name, and has been ever since its inception, thus it is more or less a Kei car minus the K6A engine.

It started off as the same and some generations look like the Suzuki Alto as well. However, the Suzuki Alto kind of went its own way and had a lot more generational changes than the Maruti Alto

Has someone taken down the people doing the valuations ?

The other JDM brands are still pending :)

I'm waiting for them to revalue the Indian brands :D

It started off as the same and some generations look like the Suzuki Alto as well. However, the Suzuki Alto kind of went its own way and had a lot more generational changes than the Maruti Alto

I think this was the last generation where Indian one and Japanese one were similar.

1230611A30151006W00201.jpg

well taxing JAPS wont solve this ....we do see more and more Aquas and corollas on the road but we tend to forget the

thousands of Marutis, D*MO Battas tuktuks and numerous Indian motorbikes.... This is just a dumb reaction by the GOVT to a bigger problem.

Edited by matroska
  • Like 1

On the other hand , Increasing taxes of hybrid vehicles is really sad. Personally speaking I should be thankful as I have already got Aqua :sport-smiley-004: but when we consider the long term impact on environment we should reduce the usage of fossil fuels. Hybrid vehicles are one of the most practical options so far available.

well taxing JAPS wont solve this ....we do see more and more Aquas and corollas on the road but we tend to forget the

thousands of Marutis, D*MO Battas tuktuks and numerous Indian motorbikes.... This is just a dumb reaction by the GOVT to a bigger problem.

I agree with you boys 100%.

Now lets see how long it'll take for some of these "geniuses" to start saying "I'm a young professional/executive but i can only afford a 20 year old car and how unfair the tax structure is..."

I think this is an interim measure till the budget is tabled. There are rumors of a volume base concession for mass importers to discourage individual imports and there's talks of a quota system to control the number of imports.

2 of my buisness partners were talking about getting cars. One is getting a Grace for 56 and the other a Vezel for 69.. I mean come on.. And the best part is the same cars that they were gonna buy were 46-Grace and 55-Vezel... According to them its gonna be even higher after budget and stuff. The Vezel guy says it will reach 80 :o :O

Edited by fiat fan

On the other hand , Increasing taxes of hybrid vehicles is really sad. Personally speaking I should be thankful as I have already got Aqua :sport-smiley-004: but when we consider the long term impact on environment we should reduce the usage of fossil fuels. Hybrid vehicles are one of the most practical options so far available.

i dont think you bought hybrid thinking of environemnt. personal reasons to save money and to show off that you have brand new car is main reason. right?

You haven't bought this car already right?

I heard there are couple of car sellers who are selling vehicles for old price, that is the price before the yen went up, so you might be able to find the car you are looking for in SL itself and it'll take off the risk of paying extra tax.

I couldn't update cos of busy in serching vehicles. Just the day before publishing the increments of prices, got an aqua G for the old price from a car sale in Kandy.

SURVIVED in the last moment, cos I've payed an advance payment in last minute. If I've postponed it for the next day, would not be able to purchase it for that value.

Thanks guys for the support....!!!

There are rumors of a volume base concession for mass importers to discourage individual imports and there's talks of a quota system to control the number of imports.

I am not sure what the logic of this, if they go ahead with it.

There are only 2 differing categories when come to vehicle sellers; Agents and Grey importers.

Mass or Individual all these importers fall in to the category of grey imports. So the scale is irrelevant.

If not for individual imports we would still be paying sky high prices for crappy cars imported by these big sales ppl.

This is like going backwards.

The only logic is that these mass scale buggers contribute a lot to the politicians and if you want to find most of the black money and hidden stashes of politicos in SL, just audit the car sales. :)

Edited by B2Spirit
  • Like 1

Seems the public is on panic state to buy cars,probably due to the rumours that there will be a massive tax hike on this budget.

And 121 owners have started again,called a 2003 121 at quick site and,yes it's sold for 35.25.

All insights were above 3.4.

2007 Allions well around 40.

110 reaching 20.

And most importantly 2nd Gen prius is back on 36-38 range.

Don't know will these specimens move or not.but sigh......

We are back to where we were.

And driving 20 year old cars.

Edited by chan5

Seems the public is on panic state to buy cars,probably due to the rumours that there will be a massive tax hike on this budget.

And 121 owners have started again,called a 2003 121 at quick site and,yes it's sold for 35.25.

We are back to where we were.

Wow! What kind of idiot would have bought that

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Magnum" data-cid="284285" data-time="1444369420"><p>

ÃÂ <br />

Wow! What kind of idiot would have bought that</p></blockquote>

And one personal importer called me just now offering to buy a CAR he won at auctions and buyer is not willing to proceed with this uncertainty.his suggestion is I should grab this as this will not affected by new tax and after the budget, a PRIUS will be around 70.

People gone nuts I guess.

Edited by chan5

Why do I get the feeling that this price hike is a temporary thing. First our FM spilled the beans in Japan by saying not to export cars to Sri Lanka until the budget comes. Then comes the rescheduling of FOB prices. Is it just a ploy to subdue pressure on USD reserves by reducing car imports and an ad hoc measure to arrest the devaluation of SLR?

Edited by Rumesh88
  • Like 2