• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suggest Me A Good Family Vehicle (Suv / Mini Van)

Nomad

Question

Hi there people ,

We're planning upgrade our family vehicle and I need some help from you experts.

Currently owning a Toyota SR40 aka Noah as family use and will be looking for a vehicle to replace that one. Honestly I have no idea about new hybrid drive system that used in 2015 Noah and others ( Power and Fuel Consumption). Well what I'm searching is an SUV Model or Mini Van Model something like Noah . But I prefer the SUV type. My Budget is around 55 Lakhs.

The list of vehicle currently on my mind

1. Toyota Noah(2013-2014) Hybrid

2. Toyota Vanguard Petrol

3. Nissan X-Trail (2008-2012)

4. Kia Sorento (2011)

5. Ssangyong Rexton 2012 ??

Any Models rather than those ?

All the Vehicle must be capable of at least 5 comfortable seats ( Additional Third Row seats - 7 seater might be perfect)

What are the aspects of having Diesel SUV's rather than going Petrol Models ? please let me know , most of them use the CRDI Technology which needs Super Diesel ?

Heard when using normal patrol for CRDI engines caused the engine tappet "ticking" sound. Is it true ?

What will be the Maintenance Cost specially for Kia -Sorento and Nissan- X-Trail (Diesel)?and how's the Practicality , Reliability and Durability of those models ?

I know this is a lot but it's the all information I know , correct me If I was wrong and please do comment your valuable answers and help me to get some information about it :) Thank you !

Edited by Nomad

10 answers to this question

Hi there people ,

We're planning upgrade our family vehicle and I need some help from you experts.

Currently owning a Toyota SR40 aka Noah as family use and will be looking for a vehicle to replace that one. Honestly I have no idea about new hybrid drive system that used in 2015 Noah and others ( Power and Fuel Consumption). Well what I'm searching is an SUV Model or Mini Van Model something like Noah . But I prefer the SUV type. My Budget is around 55 Lakhs.

The list of vehicle currently on my mind

1. Toyota Noah(2013-2014) Hybrid

2. Toyota Vanguard Petrol

3. Nissan X-Trail (2008-2012)

4. Kia Sorento (2011)

5. Ssangyong Rexton 2012 ??

Any Models rather than those ?

All the Vehicle must be capable of at least 5 comfortable seats ( Additional Third Row seats - 7 seater might be perfect)

What are the aspects of having Diesel SUV's rather than going Petrol Models ? please let me know , most of them use the CRDI Technology which needs Super Diesel ?

Heard when using normal patrol for CRDI engines caused the engine tappet "ticking" sound. Is it true ?

What will be the Maintenance Cost specially for Kia -Sorento and Nissan- X-Trail (Diesel)?and how's the Practicality , Reliability and Durability of those models ?

I know this is a lot but it's the all information I know , correct me If I was wrong and please do comment your valuable answers and help me to get some information about it :) Thank you !

Unless you have a specific need for going on undeveloped roads, the Noah/Voxy Hybrid will best suit your needs. It's comfortable, can carry a load and is economical for a large 7 seater with dual A/C. Just don't expect Prius economy, no matter what the car dealers say, realistic figures in Colombo traffic with dual AC on are about 10.5-11 at most.

3rd row seats are really nothing to get excited about. Adults might be able to get on to it but they are not going to last longer than 45 mins or an hour. In most SUV's I've seen, 3rd row seats are only fit for children.

Hence if 5+ passengers are the norm, best advise is what is given by Supra.

• Like 1

The Noah has the same hybrid set up as the Prius but being a bigger heavier vehicle it will not give the fuel economy however it does about 17km/l on long distance runs.

I personally find the Esquire better looking than Voxy and Noah

Unless you have a specific need for going on undeveloped roads, the Noah/Voxy Hybrid will best suit your needs. It's comfortable, can carry a load and is economical for a large 7 seater with dual A/C. Just don't expect Prius economy, no matter what the car dealers say, realistic figures in Colombo traffic with dual AC on are about 10.5-11 at most.

Thank you for the information :) I do agree with you .

which one is the perfect when it comes comparing Esquire vs Noah vs Voxy ?

Thank you for the information :) I do agree with you .

which one is the perfect when it comes comparing Esquire vs Noah vs Voxy ?

They are the same vehicle underneath so it comes down to which look you prefer. The esquire is also a slightly fancier version of the Noah/Voxy with leather seats and trim as well as some external bling.

Edited by Supra_Natural

They are the same vehicle underneath so it comes down to which look you prefer. The esquire is also a slightly fancier version of the Noah/Voxy with leather seats and trim as well as some external bling.

Due to the tax Increase they said it will be affected only to several models .Toyota Voxy already included in the price increasing chart .

But Will it be affected to the Noah and Esquire models ?

car-tax-up.jpg.png

Due to the tax Increase they said it will be affected only to several models .Toyota Voxy already included in the price increasing chart .

Where does it say "only several" models ? If you go through the document list on the customs website you will see that almost all the commonly imported models are revalued. They might not list out ALL the cars each manufacturer makes but that doesn't mean the logic behind the re-valuation will not apply.

car-tax-up.jpg.png

Voxy, Noah, Esquire all come under the same chassis number, so yes it will get affected, but dont lose hope some car sellers might be willing to sell for the old price so slightly higher price