• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Efficiency Of Hybrid Vehicle

hemvan

• 3 months later...

I drive a 2012 Aqua "S". My usual office routine is from Dehiwala to Kolpity (Via Marine drive). In the morning it does around 18/19 but evening around 15.5kmph. I drive with ECO mode but I step on some gas while driving on the way home!

Edited by Shack

kmpl value for a trip makes sense only if the battery REMAINING capacity at the end is equal to the value when it was started (if start value is X Ah, then at the end it should be X Ah).

Ok just forget......,whatever the value you can see is correct.

Edited by MV-5

I drive a 2012 Aqua "S". My usual office routine is from Dehiwala to Kolpity (Via Marine drive). In the morning it does around 18/19 but evening around 15.5kmph. I drive with ECO mode but I step on some gas while driving on the way home!

Damn it. You take the car to travel 10km? For that you bought a Hybrid? Aren't there any office transport buses passing by your residence?

Having said that will you take office transport if you got to travel 10kms?
Will you take a public transport (bus/train) if you are in a profession where you need to meet clients daily basis? When I used to work in Union place, I was travelling in a staff bus. I did not bother even if I missed it in the evening as some days I had to work till late.

Edit: this was 10 years back. With the number of vehicles coming into Colombo, I don't even think of coming to city during week days. If I have to come for a meeting I'm happy to take a cab. No headaches to find parking space and no worries from lunatic drivers.

Edited by Crishan
  • Like 2

Is the Fuel Efficiency of Hybrid Vehicle going down, when the vehicle getting older ? users & experts pls explain it practically & theoretically.

Yes. It depend on battery Charging capacity, When it getting older battery charging capacity also getting low, Because of battery shells getting old. Then engine usage also getting up. Simply fuel consumption also getting high

Damn it. You take the car to travel 10km? For that you bought a Hybrid? Aren't there any office transport buses passing by your residence?

Yes i actually that is foolish decision, if u are going to hybrid, it suitable for long daily travelers, specially cab services, office vehicles, etc,.

I was talking to my mate who is planning to buy a Prius in here and his test drive is impressive, 1.8 2010 Prius done just over a 1000km for a full tank of gas :speechless-smiley-004::speechless-smiley-004: , Hard to believe and ask few Taxi guys in NZ and all of them claims 900km or more with mix run. So i had to believe my mate

This figures are here in New Zealand for a Prius 1.8 and most of them done over 400,000 km as most of them using as Taxi's.

So if you looking for a cheap transport looks to me Prius is a good option but i am sure it's not on the fun to drive section.

Regards

JC

I was talking to my mate who is planning to buy a Prius in here and his test drive is impressive, 1.8 2010 Prius done just over a 1000km for a full tank of gas :speechless-smiley-004::speechless-smiley-004: , Hard to believe and ask few Taxi guys in NZ and all of them claims 900km or more with mix run. So i had to believe my mate

This figures are here in New Zealand for a Prius 1.8 and most of them done over 400,000 km as most of them using as Taxi's.

So if you looking for a cheap transport looks to me Prius is a good option but i am sure it's not on the fun to drive section.

Regards

JC

For sure the 1800cc engine helps to achive the said numbers.

Yes i actually that is foolish decision, if u are going to hybrid, it suitable for long daily travelers, specially cab services, office vehicles, etc,.

That's the wrong with our thinking pattern.

Aren't short distance travelers burning separate fuel.

Finally, all will add to our environment. In personal basis, there may be benefits for non-hybrid users. but in national basis, need to think. Some will tell, the battery will harm to environment. But, according to the available information, the fuel saving (50%-60%) is far more than that.

Finally, all will add to our environment. In personal basis, there may be benefits for non-hybrid users. but in national basis, need to think. Some will tell, the battery will harm to environment. But, according to the available information, the fuel saving (50%-60%) is far more than that.

Why 95% of new car hunters choose a Hybrid

1) Hype

2) Cheap

Why 95% of new car hunters choose a Hybrid

1) Hype

2) Cheap

Definitely. What's wrong with that? I bought a hybrid because it's more efficient to run. My office drive is only 11kms, but it takes me at least 45 minutes to get there by car, and today it took me over an hour because there was a huge jam at the Kotte junction. By bus it takes even longer, not to mention the being packed to the brim like fish in a tin and sweating my arse off to boot. My car usually spends more time in EV mode (~65%) per tank of fuel, and the average speed is always less than 20km/h unless I take it for a 100+km drive out of Colombo. How you say "cheap" is a bit ambiguous, but in general, they are not cheap to buy, and maintenance costs the same as any car built in the last 5 years. They are more efficient to run, which translates into economy, therefore not the same thing as "cheap".

Edit: I also get between 550 and 650km per tank of fuel vs 320km my Vios.

Edited by terrabytetango
  • Like 2

Definitely. What's wrong with that? I bought a hybrid because it's more efficient to run. My office drive is only 11kms, but it takes me at least 45 minutes to get there by car, and today it took me over an hour because there was a huge jam at the Kotte junction. By bus it takes even longer, not to mention the being packed to the brim like fish in a tin and sweating my arse off to boot. My car usually spends more time in EV mode (~65%) per tank of fuel, and the average speed is always less than 20km/h unless I take it for a 100+km drive out of Colombo. How you say "cheap" is a bit ambiguous, but in general, they are not cheap to buy, and maintenance costs the same as any car built in the last 5 years. They are more efficient to run, which translates into economy, therefore not the same thing as "cheap".

Edit: I also get between 550 and 650km per tank of fuel vs 320km my Vios.

News for me. So Staff Transport busses / vans are "like fish in a tin" which comes from Kotte & they still charge a premium price?

Also there is a simple theory of leave home early & reach office early. May be an option of Flexi hours will also come handy. CMC should stop fixing meters & start charging fares as soon a vehicle enter CMC limits. People who are so concered about the economy buy Hybrids & drive to work. May be the Finance minister should issue permits to all Private sector emplyees as well.

News for me. So Staff Transport busses / vans are "like fish in a tin" which comes from Kotte & they still charge a premium price?

Also there is a simple theory of leave home early & reach office early. May be an option of Flexi hours will also come handy. CMC should stop fixing meters & start charging fares as soon a vehicle enter CMC limits. People who are so concered about the economy buy Hybrids & drive to work. May be the Finance minister should issue permits to all Private sector emplyees as well.

I meant public transport; staff transport doesn't really work for me since I have no fixed time for leaving the office. The "simple theory" of leaving home early doesn't work either I leave 2 hours early; after 07:00 the streets in and around the Kotte area packed until 08:30 or so. Apart from the economy and time, there are other intangible things such alone time, the ability to play music really loud, a comfortable place to sit in, the ability to carry on a conference call in peace, have breakfast and/or a smoke on the go. But mostly, step into the office not feeling like I've just been in the wringer. And also my company provides me with fuel, so there's that as well.

Edit: and just to note, the focus of the topic is no longer on why use a hybrid vehicle to travel 10kms to the office, but using a vehicle in general vs other forms of transport.

Edited by terrabytetango

No mate u misunderstand me. Hybrid is good for daily runners more than 100 km per day, Otherwise it's useless when considering to battery drain scenario, if not non hybrid axio is the best option when considering resell ,battery pack, repair etc,

theoretically only advantage of hybrid is re-generative power that car generate,

Edited by dhanuFB15

I meant public transport; staff transport doesn't really work for me since I have no fixed time for leaving the office. The "simple theory" of leaving home early doesn't work either I leave 2 hours early; after 07:00 the streets in and around the Kotte area packed until 08:30 or so. Apart from the economy and time, there are other intangible things such alone time, the ability to play music really loud, a comfortable place to sit in, the ability to carry on a conference call in peace, have breakfast and/or a smoke on the go. But mostly, step into the office not feeling like I've just been in the wringer. And also my company provides me with fuel, so there's that as well.

Edit: and just to note, the focus of the topic is no longer on why use a hybrid vehicle to travel 10kms to the office, but using a vehicle in general vs other forms of transport.

Since we are already OT May I add that the 'Leave Early' method actually works to a certain extent - Trick is to leave well before 7AM. I have to travel ~25 Km to the office so on the days I left early than normal(6.15-6.30 AM) I actually did manage to avoid traffic to a certain extent but this meant on my way back I run into the thickest traffic ever so I don't quite reach home early as I should so the net result = I leave home Early and come home at the same time as normal.

i do miss the privacy and the relative comfort but then given that I get to read a book or surf the internet in peace , and given I don't have to look for elusive parking spots I am using the train unless I have some function to attend after work or if i have to carry something OR if the good old Railway folks decide to have a strike

Edited by matroska
  • Like 1

@ Crishan

What made you think i bought a hybrid just to run 10km's? It should be 20km's since i don't live in office!! Other fact is that i have so many other traveling needs apart from going to office and back. Like you mentioned before, why you need to grab a cab when you still can walk all the way to office by using that SIMPLE THEORY!!. lolz

@dhanuFB15,

According to you I made a foolish decision buying a hybrid to travel 10km's..And you drive what..a FB15??? Give me a hammer!!

Guys it's simple.. Stop posting here if you ain't driving a hybrid!! I wish you guys have the luxury to drive a hybrid of your own one day. With ya comments i find that you two are having a time in pumping petrol..Don't forget there are few lucky one's out there who's petrol are been paid by the company!.

95% of the car hunters buy a hybrid cuz they wants to and there's always this 5% adding comments cuz they can't afford to!! lolzzz

Edited by Shack
  • Like 1

@ Crishan

What made you think i bought a hybrid just to run 10km's? It should be 20km's since i don't live in office!! Other fact is that i have so many other traveling needs apart from going to office and back. Like you mentioned before, why you need to grab a cab when you still can walk all the way to office by using that SIMPLE THEORY!!. lolz

@dhanuFB15,

According to you I made a foolish decision buying a hybrid to travel 10km's..And you drive what..a FB15??? Give me a hammer!!

Guys it's simple.. Stop posting here if you ain't driving a hybrid!! I wish you guys have the luxury to drive a hybrid of your own one day. With ya comments i find that you two are having a time in pumping petrol..Don't forget there are few lucky one's out there who's petrol are been paid by the company!.

95% of the car hunters buy a hybrid cuz they wants to and there's always this 5% adding comments cuz they can't afford to!! lolzzz

Did I mention that I don't drive a Hybrid?

• Like 1

At the end of the day, It all depends on how you drive,..

All hybrids have a battery similar to a cellphone in type and tech and we all know what happens to cellular batteries when they grow old,./And Don't get me started on maintaining the Hybrid drivetrain,..

Edited by Twin Turbo