• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Clicking Noise When Applying Brakes & Accelerating

prasannaek123

Question

Hi,

I have an toyota aqua 2013. This done about 17500kms. From few weeks back a small click noise coming from front driver side wheel area when applying the brake. And when i accelerate again that click noise coming and when speed up there is no noise. This only come when driving at low speeds.

Now on my feeling that noise is very noticeable. I went to several garages and check, but they couldn't found any fault. They have checked all the mechanical s which related to braking. i.e. brake pads, calipers etc.I even when when to Toyota Lanka, Kurunagala & its also the same. I want to know, what it can be and place to diagnose this around kandy area.

4 answers to this question

There is a facebook group "Toyota Aqua/Prius C - Sri Lanka". Its well updating and there are enough enthusiastic for Aqua and Hybrid related latest technological stuff. Join with it and post your issue. definitely you will receive good solution.

When I when to garage in Kandy, The chief Mechanic had a test drive & inspection at the garage , he told me it is coming from inside the gearbox. He also stimulate the sound at the idle stage & show me. After that he checked the ATF & told me it is not good & we will have try by changing the ATF to eliminate the problem.

My question is, will it become OK after changing the ATF?

When I when to garage in Kandy, The chief Mechanic had a test drive & inspection at the garage , he told me it is coming from inside the gearbox. He also stimulate the sound at the idle stage & show me. After that he checked the ATF & told me it is not good & we will have try by changing the ATF to eliminate the problem.

My question is, will it become OK after changing the ATF?

ODO is only 22k kms.

ODO is only 22k kms.

Don't change Transmission oil if you sure the millage. Aqua has no any typical manual, auto or CVT type transmission and it has very simple (mechanically simple but electronically complex) system. So oil quality is deteriorating very slowly. Manufacture recommends more than 100,000 km or more than 4-5 years time interval which ever come first. As your car's age less than 3 years, oil quality cant be a issue and no body can tell the quality by just observing or by colour.

If the sound comes at idle stage (you cant observe idle in the Aqua as its engine stopped at the idle, so I hope you referring when car is at park), cant be this sound come from the engine.. ??