• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Cefiro - 230 Jm - Fuel Economy + Maintenance - Advice

jdeen

Hi there, I am Ziyan, finally after like a month of waiting, the admins give me the ability to post a thread!!! Hurey! I have looked up a lot of information on autolanka, b

Background (I won't bite if you skip)

A vehicle has to match its owner, its like a marriage, I believe. I am an engineer and I like quality and power but honer efficiency. The car will generally gold 2 humans and 1 dog but can also be 4 guys. It will climb the Kandy hill and I could use some power overtaking vehicles quickly in slim opportunity thanks to the jobless cops napping under trees. I live in Colombo and my gal is from Colombo and daily commuter where I am a freelancer mostly stuck in my office room. My ideal car would be kind of a Tesla S if I was in US, neither am I in the US nor do I have money :( and am looking for a car some thing about under Rs. 3 million. I plan to use for a few years and step by step upgrade to some thing good.

Question

I got an offer for a Nissan Cefiro...

• 230 JM
  • YOM 2005
  • 2350 cc
  • Automatic transmission
  • Agent maintained

The car has been used sparingly by a doing well guy, low mileage, thus my concern (may be fair as its not his only car) :)

I thought the car comes with teak interior with leather seats. But a friend who has once seen the car said it didn't have either. I thought Cefiro was reaching the luxury end of Nissan.

Googling around, I didn't find useful information in autolanka about the vehicle. So I thought of starting a new thread.

1. Comments on durability
  2. Maintenance and Spears (been towards the high end, I think it would use different spares than the over used Sunny) availability
  3. Estimated fuel consumption (city limits/long distance)
  4. I don't like Auto, but lets face it, I don't see any manual coming these days. What if there is a gearbox issue, can it be repaired or has to be replaced. What would the cost be if you know.
  5. Your thoughts of the car.
  6. Resale (I think it sells alright, some go within weeks)

In comparison to a Mazda 3 (2005+) which is currently my primary interset given its rather sexy looks. I have a fallback to a Lancer EX (2007ish I guess) if I don't find some thing interesting.

Thanks in advance for any of comments suggestions you make.

Edited by jdeen

Nothing bad to say about the 230 other than the fact hat fuel economy is pretty dismal. The car is a good waftter, and the 2.3 us enough for that, but for quick passing on the hills its useless, you're better off with the 350. My experience is limited to that of a relative who drove a 350, but servicing and fuelling was handled by the govt. As far as durability goes, I don't ever remember it being sidelined for big repairs, and last I saw it, it was still sporting the original HIDs, albeit they were rather pink.

Edited by terrabytetango

Hi there, I am Ziyan, finally after like a month of waiting, the admins give me the ability to post a thread!!! Hurey! I have looked up a lot of information on autolanka, b

Background (I won't bite if you skip)

A vehicle has to match its owner, its like a marriage, I believe. I am an engineer and I like quality and power but honer efficiency. The car will generally gold 2 humans and 1 dog but can also be 4 guys. It will climb the Kandy hill and I could use some power overtaking vehicles quickly in slim opportunity thanks to the jobless cops napping under trees. I live in Colombo and my gal is from Colombo and daily commuter where I am a freelancer mostly stuck in my office room. My ideal car would be kind of a Tesla S if I was in US, neither am I in the US nor do I have money :( and am looking for a car some thing about under Rs. 3 million. I plan to use for a few years and step by step upgrade to some thing good.

Question

I got an offer for a Nissan Cefiro...

• 230 JM
  • YOM 2005
  • 2350 cc
  • Automatic transmission
  • Agent maintained

The car has been used sparingly by a doing well guy, low mileage, thus my concern (may be fair as its not his only car) :)

I thought the car comes with teak interior with leather seats. But a friend who has once seen the car said it didn't have either. I thought Cefiro was reaching the luxury end of Nissan.

Googling around, I didn't find useful information in autolanka about the vehicle. So I thought of starting a new thread.

1. Comments on durability
  2. Maintenance and Spears (been towards the high end, I think it would use different spares than the over used Sunny) availability
  3. Estimated fuel consumption (city limits/long distance)
  4. I don't like Auto, but lets face it, I don't see any manual coming these days. What if there is a gearbox issue, can it be repaired or has to be replaced. What would the cost be if you know.
  5. Your thoughts of the car.
  6. Resale (I think it sells alright, some go within weeks)

In comparison to a Mazda 3 (2005+) which is currently my primary interset given its rather sexy looks. I have a fallback to a Lancer EX (2007ish I guess) if I don't find some thing interesting.

Thanks in advance for any of comments suggestions you make.

It's a great car in general, spares will be available at the agents or in panchikawatte, but obviously won't be as common as for, say a Sunny. If you seriously think of getting one, remember to have it thoroughly inspected preferably at the agents so you know what to keep an eye on.

As for the leather seats and wood, all brand new imports had them. The non agent import cars (usually badged Teana) may have had a different spec perhaps, it's also possible that your friend doesn't know a Cefiro from a sylphy or a sunny.

Finally, fuel economy is not good at all so if that is a priority you're honestly better off with the Mazda 3 or the Lancer.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hope you have good insurance,..Depending on who is going to handle the cost, you can try delKn or the agent.

The bumper is in a repairable condition.rear light need replacement for best results.

Edited by Twin Turbo

7 hours ago, Abdimuthu said:

Hi,can you please let me know,

1)a place where I can find spare part for nissan cefiro auto car

2)price of the replacement part(please see the image)

IMG_20170709_084657.jpg

Any painter can do the bumper repair. The tail light seems to be ok but the dicky garnish needs to be replaced. These parts are available in delkanda area. We wont know the prices. Take a walk there. You will find it in many places. Bargain!

Well the cefiro is a good car :) go for it our family is using a cefiro. its a powerful car, we have a a33 and 230 is more powerful, the only bad thing is the fuel, and the parts are so expensive even for the a33 model.  go for the cefiro if you are not really care about fuel :)