• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Just For Curiosity

deadpool

Guys I have nissan wingroad y11 2004 model .I was driving the vehicle on highway hedding to katunayake

some how I experinced when speed reached about 100kmh there was a vibration even steering wheel could feel it .then I speed more to 120 130 kmh vibration reduced and became normal .is there any perticular reason for that .is it normal or is it because of the road condition or shoud I inspect my car ??????? Appreciate your suggestions thank you

No, it's not normal.

1. Inspect your tyres for abnormal wear and lumps. If worn abnormally, get a wheel alignment and balance done. Balancing is important. Consider rotating the wheels before the alignment.

2. Check if one or both of your front tyres have a puncture repair done on them. Having one can cause the wheel to lose it's balance. If this is the case, move the wheel to the back or balance the wheel.

3. Get a wheel balance done anyway because one or more of the weights might have fallen off that causes the wheel(s) to lose balance.

4. If none of the above solve your issue, it could be due to a font suspension/drivetrain/bearing problem.

• Like 2

Davy I recently did a wheel alignment my front tires were bit harsh and my back tires were good so I put my back tire to front and did alignment too.in that case I think it may be the 4 th reason . Do I neet do done my front and read shock pressure checked . Any suggestions thanks????????

Edited by deadpool

Get the wheel balancing done as the next step. I had exactly the same issue and it was resolved after a wheel balancing.

I did alignment about 3 weeks ago. Havent done much km since then. If I dig in to changing bearing shoks and all other stuff .im gonna end in nowhere. any idea ?????

Guys I have nissan wingroad y11 2004 model .I was driving the vehicle on highway hedding to katunayake

some how I experinced when speed reached about 100kmh there was a vibration even steering wheel could feel it .then I speed more to 120 130 kmh vibration reduced and became normal .is there any perticular reason for that .is it normal or is it because of the road condition or shoud I inspect my car ??????? Appreciate your suggestions thank you

Wheel balancing is not getting done the wheel alignment. Its a different thing and unless you specifically mention the Wheel Alignment Guys that you need to get done the Wheel Balancing, they don't do. So go back and get done the Wheel Balancing thing.

Wheel balancing is not getting done the wheel alignment. Its a different thing and unless you specifically mention the Wheel Alignment Guys that you need to get done the Wheel Balancing, they don't do. So go back and get done the Wheel Balancing thing.

in that case I have to balancing thanks man.iwill chek that out

No, it's not normal.

1. Inspect your tyres for abnormal wear and lumps. If worn abnormally, get a wheel alignment and balance done. Balancing is important. Consider rotating the wheels before the alignment.

2. Check if one or both of your front tyres have a puncture repair done on them. Having one can cause the wheel to lose it's balance. If this is the case, move the wheel to the back or balance the wheel.

3. Get a wheel balance done anyway because one or more of the weights might have fallen off that causes the wheel(s) to lose balance.

4. If none of the above solve your issue, it could be due to a font suspension/drivetrain/bearing problem.

I think Davy's covered this one pretty well. Good job buddy.

1. This happens to me all the time too and usually if the alignment, tyre wear etc. is slightly off its only becomes noticeable at speed on the highway (to me at least) and as you drive faster it does slightly decrease as, what to me seems to be, the point of sympathetic vibration passes and the wheels spin so fast that they cancel out the vibrations somewhat.

2. This is also common when one rotates tyres from the rear to the front where previously negligible uneven tread wear when the tyres were on the rear becomes more of an issue / more noticeable via the front steering mechanism. This is more apparent when you rotate rear tyres from rear-wheel-drive cars onto the front end (some manufacturers recommend against rotating tyres from the rear onto the front end for this reason) and on cars which have a higher / more aggressive camber setting at the rear.

3. If its due to uneven wear of the tyres: You may have to buy a set of new tyres. You can try putting the tyres (if they can still be used) back on the rear and just buying a new pair of tyres for the front too (I'm assuming that the tyres you rotated from the front to the rear are more worn than the ones that came from the rear as your car has a FF layout)

Hope this helps

Edited by Kavvz

I think Davy's covered this one pretty well. Good job buddy.

1. This happens to me all the time too and usually if the alignment, tyre wear etc. is slightly off its only becomes noticeable at speed on the highway (to me at least) and as you drive faster it does slightly decrease as the point of sympathetic vibration passes...

2. Another thing that happens is that when one rotates tyres from the rear to the front, previously negligible uneven tread wear becomes more of an issue / more noticeable via the front steering mechanisms. This is more apparent when you rotate rear tyres from rear wheel drive cars onto the front and on cars which have a higher / more aggressive camber setting at the rear.

3. If its due to uneven wear of the tyres: You may have to buy a set of new tyres. You can try putting the tyres (if they can still be used) back on the rear and just buying a just a new pair of tyres for the front too (I'm assuming that the tyres you rotated to the rear are more worn than the ones that came from the rear as your car has a FF layout)

thanks kavvz

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I went to check the vibration problem again and the guy checked again he said that there is an small play in the rack and it wont be a big issue.and some he said tyres also bit old it may also be a fact for vibration.tyre compound get stiff when tyre get old .thats waht he said.any ideas??? Fyi I had been done alignment and balancing too

Yes my rear tires are older and wear than front tyres.

Sounds like you should start by getting new tyres, as it seems you may need tyres anyway. If the problem persists then I guess you'll have look into the steering rack issue. Hopefully its just the tyres....

be careful do not throttle too much until you solve this, make sure to check your wheel lug nuts after , some idiots from Tyre shops use air powered torque wrench and don't use wheel wrench after as a post check, do not let them do it, i did last time and now i'm having concerns :(

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Kavvz" data-cid="285212" data-time="1445646993"><p>

Sounds like you should start by getting new tyres, as it seems you may need tyres anyway. If the problem persists then I guess you'll have look into the steering rack issue. Hopefully its just the tyres....</p></blockquote>