• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sudden Vibration Of One Side Of The Vehicle

andunslg

Question

I did the regualr service of my Vitz 2008 yesterday. It has Kumho tyres. After getting the vehicle I feel right side is vibrating a lot. Styring wheel feels it very well. Thought there is problem in air pressure in tyre. When I cheked it they say the inner reinforments of tyre has been broken. I need to replace the tyre. I cant see it physically. No air buble or mark in the tyre. Are there any guesses ?

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

Get the said wheel balanced before moving to further conclusions. High pressure washer might have caused a wheel weight to fall off, causing the wheel to lose it's balance.

Did you check if the wheel has been tightened properly?

• Like 1

I did the regualr service of my Vitz 2008 yesterday. It has Kumho tyres. After getting the vehicle I feel right side is vibrating a lot. Styring wheel feels it very well. Thought there is problem in air pressure in tyre. When I cheked it they say the inner reinforments of tyre has been broken. I need to replace the tyre. I cant see it physically. No air buble or mark in the tyre. Are there any guesses ?

Thanks!

If no issue with bolts tightness, then you could interchange the wheel to left side (just for experiment only) and see the situation. If left vibrating, then the issue is with the wheel.

How old your tyres???

• Like 1

Today I did a check with a good mechanic. Found that one tyre has a uneven wear off. May be it has happend due to failure in refircments in the tyre. So need to replace it. But the issue is replacing only one. My tyres are 35k kms old Kumho.

Edited by andunslg

yeah.. before jumping into conclusions, best is to switch wheels of front and drive a bit and see.. If the vibration comes from right side, then check your tire checked and may be get the wheels balanced.. hope that will help..

Today I did a check with a good mechanic. Found that one tyre has a uneven wear off. May be it has happend due to failure in refircments in the tyre. So need to replace it. But the issue is replacing only one. My tyres are 35k kms old Kumho.

35k kms usage is not bad. (If you use them as much as possible by interchanging and replace all at once is the best for next tire set. The advantage is you could do proper tire rotation at every 5000 - 8000 km and take maximum output from next tire set onwards (with proper alignment and balancing).