• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking For Good Service Station

deadpool

I am just curious to know. Does the basic service you mentioned above mean the full service? or else, is it something more?

Don't they change the wheel positions during a full service?

If you mean the tire rotation every 5000km, yes you can ask for it when they remove the wheel to clean the brake assembly. Rotation pattern is given in the user manual for it depends on if the vehicle is rear wheel, front wheel or four-wheel driven and if you have four or five wheels (with the spare) etc. IMO wheel alignment is best done after a tire rotation.

I am just curious to know. Does the basic service you mentioned above mean the full service? or else, is it something more?

Don't they change the wheel positions during a full service?

No what I've listed is just the basic service / oil change. Wheel rotations are not usually included in the basic service, but I guess you could just rotate the tyres too at the same time. Its really up to you to decide what you want to add on. What I posted was the minimum / basic (level of) service, and how to supervise it.

Essentially the basic service is only an oil change, the change of filters and a quick check / top up of fluids as well as a visual inspection of the serpentine belt which is pretty much 1-6 of the post above.

Edited by Kavvz

• 4 weeks later...

as previous members explained, if you provided the filters and all, it will be slightly more(like 2000 more) than other reputed service stations.

FYI, i did full body wash, 3M cut and polish, interior shampooing and cleaning, undercarriage wash, engine de-greasing all for 11k in Laugfs, i did change the engine oil, gearbox oil and oil filter like 2 weeks before taking it to laugfs. Known as the total treatment

http://www.laugfscarcare.lk/auto-detailing

Edited by fiatLife

Mchn how was the quality of their work? Did they do a good interior job? What did they use on the engine? Will it cost less than that for a smaller car?

magen da ahuwe? if so, patta quality work bro, interior supiriyatama kala, gave 1l bottle of that liquid they were using for the interior cleaning for me to take home also hahah :D For the engine, its some sort of chemical they used, that chemical bottle around 1000rs(included in the package), they dont wash the engine, just sprayed the whole bottle to de-grease the engine. and it did a pretty good job.

not sure if they will vary the price, but that was the price only for the total treatment (not including the filter and oil changes and all). can recommend the maya avenue branch and the koswatte branch

magen da ahuwe? if so, patta quality work bro, interior supiriyatama kala, gave 1l bottle of that liquid they were using for the interior cleaning for me to take home also hahah :D For the engine, its some sort of chemical they used, that chemical bottle around 1000rs(included in the package), they dont wash the engine, just sprayed the whole bottle to de-grease the engine. and it did a pretty good job.

not sure if they will vary the price, but that was the price only for the total treatment (not including the filter and oil changes and all). can recommend the maya avenue branch and the koswatte branch

Changing engine oil is the biggest expense in a full service bill. Given that you didn't change engine oil or filter, don't you think 11k is a bit expensive?

Changing engine oil is the biggest expense in a full service bill. Given that you didn't change engine oil or filter, don't you think 11k is a bit expensive?

i dont think so, because interior detailing costs like 7k if done seperately, and also the cut and polish with 3M will take around a 4-5k more i guess. i changed the filters and oil before 2weeks going into the laugfs.

Also not every 5k km i'll be doing the total treatment neh, once a year wage shape. this was the first time i went to a standard place and i had to make sure that i do everything. Also their engine oil prices are the same as everywhere else, i used the semi synthetic one

Edited by fiatLife

Sathyajithj 99: do you think A*W chargers are expensive or is it the same with others ( I did full service with changing break oil) cost 11k

Well, I don't have any experience with A#W

Anyway did you change air filter ,cabin filter or any other additional thing @ your service?

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Guys reviving an old thread since my service Is due. I use to do service at care point and but they screwed me with a  interior cleaning job. 

Anyone else has done a service from slit autocare nugegoda? They seem to be a decent place.