• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking For Good Service Station

deadpool

Hello guys

I recently bought a nissan wingroad y11 car . But im not much aware of best servicing stations around colombo or gampaha area could anyone please tell me best places to service the car. I mean a place worth for money. There are some place they dont do the job wel . Any suggestions guys thanks

Hello guys

I recently bought a nissan wingroad y11 car . But im not much aware of best servicing stations around colombo or gampaha area could anyone please tell me best places to service the car. I mean a place worth for money. There are some place they dont do the job wel . Any suggestions guys thanks

Place worth the money ?? Every Service Station is almost the same, Just get the Job done being there for the first time as you want and then you will understand.

• Like 1

Hmm thanks cjd

If you are around Gampaha town I can recommend you a place where I get my services done. But as with every service station you gotta stay and pay attention to their work to get the best out of it.

• Like 1

Glitz Park, Miriswatta is OK.

but I have heard stories about this glitz park personally I know the manager also.one of my uncle he never recomended the plc because of there are incidents like one time they forgot to tight the balts in a tyre of a double cab and tyre was relese from the mountes and rode along before the cab.there are some also .there are some issues with that place

• 2 weeks later...
Place worth the money ?? Every Service Station is almost the same, Just get the Job done being there for the first time as you want and then you will understand.
If you are around Gampaha town I can recommend you a place where I get my services done. But as with every service station you gotta stay and pay attention to their work to get the best out of it.

I agree with the above.

You don't have to go to the agent for everything. For a simple service every service station including the local "under the mango tree" place is just as good. All you have to do is to buy the right oil, and the right oil filter (air filter too if needed, I usually change mine every 3rd-4th service depending on the condition) yourself and stay while the car is being serviced. The most important thing is to supervise the garage people as mentioned by two members above. If you want a good service- supervise the work and you'll have excellent results at ANY garage.

A basic service is not hard to do or supervise, especially on something as awesomely robust like the Wingroad:

1. The oil is drained, the filter is unscrewed and the car is left for another 10-15 mins with the filter and the oil cap removed for all the oil to drain.
  2. While the oil is draining out of the car ask the garage guy to check your air filter and replace it if needed (they will usually tell you whether it needs to be replaced, if so replace it. If not, carefully rewrap the air filter and save it for next time.)
  3. Then the new filter is installed (where the seals are lubricated with a bit of new engine oil) and the oil drain plug is screwed in.
  4. Fill with new oil as per the specs in the owners manual, check oil levels via the dipstick and adjust / add/ remove oil as needed.
  5. Close the oil cap when done and check that the filter and the oil drain plug are secured appropriately.
  6. Now ask the garage guy to check your radiator fluid levels, power steering fluid, brake fluid, windscreen wash fluid and do a visual inspection of the belts for fraying etc.
  7. If you want to get fancy you can ask him to check for play in the ball joints / control arms and do a visual inspection of the brake pads by looking at them. You can look underneath the car for leaking oil, hydraulic fluid, loose components, of damage caused by road debris etc.
  8. Ask the guy who worked on your car what his name is and tip him Rs 200-300. (Or more if you're a rich fart. I'm perpetually broke so that's my limit.) Its only fair to give the guy a tip; as if you followed the steps as mentioned above its likely he's done a bit more work than he usually does during a regular service oil.

Thats IT. Basic service DONE.

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 2

why don't you go for the agents...It will be only like an additional charge of 2k than the normal service stations... Will be good for the record of the car too to have it maintained by agents... and if you give them the oil and air filter etc. the total cost will be more less...

I'd rather keep the 2k and use it towards buying better tyres, better oil, or better brake pads.

Won't you agree the fact that when selling the car, the buyer will pay special attention when the car says 'company maintained'?

I do, yes. And I admit when I buy a car I do pay attention to the service records as well but as long as detailed service records exist and the car is in good condition, I don't worry too much whether it was 'company maintained' or not. Especially if its something as run of the mill as a Nissan Sylphy or Teana. But you're right if you consider the typical Colombo used car buyer (its different outstation obviously) I agree, some people would put a premium on the fact that the car was exclusively maintained at the agents.

However, I believe I end up with a better (and faster) service when I go to my local mechanic and follow the process as listed above. As I consider getting something better for cheaper as a win; I see little benefit in running after the dealer /agent just because at some point down the line when I sell the car; some potential buyer will be impressed because I went to the agent for every single service.

I'd have a different approach if this were a new car that was under warranty; but for something that's out of warranty I'd not worry about doing all the services at the dealer as mentioned. Don't get me wrong, there are items that I'd only get done at the dealer for safety reasons or complexity reasons, but a simple oil change is not one of them.

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

I agree with the above.

You don't have to go to the agent for everything. For a simple service every service station including the local "under the mango tree" place is just as good. All you have to do is to buy the right oil, and the right oil filter (air filter too if needed, I usually change mine every 3rd-4th service depending on the condition) yourself and stay while the car is being serviced. The most important thing is to supervise the garage people as mentioned by two members above. If you want a good service- supervise the work and you'll have excellent results at ANY garage.

A basic service is not hard to do or supervise, especially on something as awesomely robust like the Wingroad:

1. The oil is drained, the filter is unscrewed and the car is left for another 10-15 mins with the filter and the oil cap removed for all the oil to drain.
  2. While the oil is draining out of the car ask the garage guy to check your air filter and replace it if needed (they will usually tell you whether it needs to be replaced, if so replace it. If not, carefully rewrap the air filter and save it for next time.)
  3. Then the new filter is installed (where the seals are lubricated with a bit of new engine oil) and the oil drain plug is screwed in.
  4. Fill with new oil as per the specs in the owners manual, check oil levels via the dipstick and adjust / add/ remove oil as needed.
  5. Close the oil cap when done and check that the filter and the oil drain plug are secured appropriately.
  6. Now ask the garage guy to check your radiator fluid levels, power steering fluid, brake fluid, windscreen wash fluid and do a visual inspection of the belts for fraying etc.
  7. If you want to get fancy you can ask him to check for play in the ball joints / control arms and do a visual inspection of the brake pads by looking at them. You can look underneath the car for leaking oil, hydraulic fluid, loose components, of damage caused by road debris etc.
  8. Ask the guy who worked on your car what his name is and tip him Rs 200-300. (Or more if you're a rich fart. I'm perpetually broke so that's my limit.) Its only fair to give the guy a tip; as if you followed the steps as mentioned above its likely he's done a bit more work than he usually does during a regular service oil.

Thats IT. Basic service DONE.

I am just curious to know. Does the basic service you mentioned above mean the full service? or else, is it something more?

Don't they change the wheel positions during a full service?