• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fb15 2003 Mobil 2000 Vs Mobil 1000

briansmith

Mobil Super 1000 10W40 is what normally used in vehicles of this mileage. Mobil 2000 is semi synthetic (Mobil 1000 is fully mineral). I assume you newly bought this car hence the dilemma. Do you have records of the previous services ?

Higher the millage means higher the wear. That means more clearances between engine components. We have to use high viscosity oil in that case. So 40 or above is good solution. Even you can use 50 and some times 50 could be better than 40 for your engine. 30 is most suitable for new engines.

(two numbers after letter W is the viscosity index. No need to worry about the number before W as we are in the tropical country)

If you are not not doing at least 1500 km per month, no point of using synthetic oil (no value for the money expended) and mineral oil is more than enough.

Did the first service using mobil 2000 15w-40. My question now is the service station guy have added exactly 3L of oil after draining the old and today morning when i checked the dip stick it shows above the max mark. Adding 3L of oil is it too much ? If so what is the correct amount for QG15DE engine?

Did the first service using mobil 2000 15w-40. My question now is the service station guy have added exactly 3L of oil after draining the old and today morning when i checked the dip stick it shows above the max mark. Adding 3L of oil is it too much ? If so what is the correct amount for QG15DE engine?

It should be 2.7L assuming you changed the oil filter as well. If it is only 2 mm or so above the mark you need not worry.

It should be 2.7L assuming you changed the oil filter as well. If it is only 2 mm or so above the mark you need not worry.

Yes, no need to worry, But next time on wards, always ask them to fill in between max & min marks. You can fill balance in next day morning.

Checked with the dip stick. 3-4mm above the max level. Is it ok till the next service or do i need to drain a bit?

It should not matter. You may leave it as it is until the next service. What happens when you over fill is that oil tends to get frothed up at high RPM and will have air bubbles in oil. These air bubbles may reduce the lubrication properties of oil. In some engines where oil pressure is used for other things like VVT or hydraulic valve lifting etc air bubbles may affect their performance. In your case the engine oil is used only for lubrication and 3-4 mm of over fill is not be a cause for concern.

Edited by Rumesh88
  • Like 1