• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Leaf - English Upgrade

Nimz77

I do not know the technique, but a gentlemen from the large scale importer in dematagoda told me that the gauge cluster and the head unit both can be swapped to english for just LKR 5000, but they do not share the contact unless you purchase the car from them;

If you can try to convince them to share their guy!

the chap advertised on the other website quotes LKR 20000 for installing English in the ONLY the gauge cluster. He claims there is not method to work on the head unit.

I'd say wait till things become a bit more mainstream..

Edited by tiv
  • Like 1

I do not know the technique, but a gentlemen from the large scale importer in dematagoda told me that the gauge cluster and the head unit both can be swapped to english for just LKR 5000, but they do not share the contact unless you purchase the car from them;

If you can try to convince them to share their guy!

the chap advertised on the other website quotes LKR 20000 for installing English in the ONLY the gauge cluster. He claims there is not method to work on the head unit.

I'd say wait till things become a bit more mainstream..

thanks...anyway have you try this carwings nissan leaf mobile app?

thanks...anyway have you try this carwings nissan leaf mobile app?

No mate, the vehicle was delivered last week but as I am outstation I could not fiddle with it, Will try it and update

• 2 weeks later...

Pet#o does the gauge cluster (Rs. 15k). They say the stereo cannot be converted yet - but they are trying it out it seems.

Some say the stereo cannot be changed only in the "G" grade and that it can be replaced on lower grades. Can someone confirm this? And who does it?

The english upgrade is usually done FOC by your agent,

There is another grade called the S grade with bare minimum kit,

In this the climate control is not integrated to head unit along with other functions,

thus it can be swapped

S GRADE

DSC9067.jpg

X AND G Grade

Leaf-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

"S" grade has a standalone ac controls display unit. You can swap any head unit for this model without loosing any car control features to say so. Also the clock can be set from the cluster menu. If you need to do the cluster language change to English Navgo dealers have a solution for Rs.10,000/-. They are also developing the Japanese language change/ navigation interface for Sri Lanka. www.facebook.com/navgoelectronics.lk