• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Navigation System

Sanjaya88

Last week I bought Nissan Car. Nissan Sunny B13. (Doctor Sunny). 19 - XXXX (1993)

I like to install car navigation system to my car. This is my first car and I have no fair idea.

Please tell me Can I install navigation system for my car?

If Can,

How much will it be cost?

Are there any disadvantages of installing this system?

Congratulations on your first car.

Please search the forum by following the "how to" guide in this thread. There are many many threads on the forum about GPS and Navigation systems that you will find helpful.

I cannot think of any disadvantages of installing a GPS system unless you are deliberately trying to get lost or if you find the "GPS lady" annoying. :)

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I will suggest you below mentioned car navigation system.
Portable Navigation Systems
Pros :
- It is less expensive than a factory system. Prices can range from $50 for a basic unit to more than $200.
- Portable navigation system providers offer models with lifetime updates. These cost a bit more initially, but they are less expensive to update in the long run.

Cons :
- These are easy-to-remove devices can attract thieves, so you'll have to make sure to hide yours or take it with you when you park the car. On the other hand, this portability can be useful for people who drive multiple vehicles.
- If your portable navigation unit malfunctions, you'll only be covered for about a year or however long the limited factory warranty lasts.