• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Premio Engine Vibration

briansmith

My premio 2009 idle rpm remains at 600-650 at gear position D with an slight vibration which may be normal. Since I'm new to the vehicle bit confused with the situation mileage 60,000km without any previous service records. Doing an engine tune up could solve the problem. If so any place apart from the agents around Colombo suitable for my car model. I have heard of Mr Dammika Fernando at borella but have never heard of him undertaking new Toyota models.

Please help!

You can call the agents and obtain an appointment for the tuneup.

In case you want to check with Dhammika, call him and inquire about the possibility. You can find his number on this post: http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/3214-recomend-a-good-guy-to-tune-my-car/?hl=%2Bdhammika+%2Bfernando#entry98938

Spoke with toyota lanka and they said 600-650 idle rpm at gear position D is normal for all new premios/allions/axios. Non hybrid toyota car users please state your idle values if diffirent from mine.

Is this with AC or without? If you are going for a tune up get your injectors cleaned and checked.

My 2007 Allion, idles at around 700-800 RPM with AC on but still there is a vibration, couldn't get rid of it no mater what I did, I observed this on my friends 2010 allion too, but I'm not sure of his idle RPM.

Did you try a ultrasonic clean up of the injectors among things you did to get rid of the vibration?

Did you try a ultrasonic clean up of the injectors among things you did to get rid of the vibration?

No Rumesh, didn't do a Ultrasonic injector cleaning, recently did a injector cleaning using Wurth at l*ughs, but that didn't solve the issue. Other things I did was replacing 2 worn engine and gearbox mounts, TB cleaning, Spank plugs (iridium), CVT oil, air filter, petrol filter change etc.

Edited by asrock

MV 5. Yes my tpm fluctuates between 550-700 at idle and most of the time stays at 600-650. Could it be due to blocked injectors or dusty throttle body. Since the fuel consumption is not high is it ok to use an cleaner to the petrol tank to get rid of the idle rpm fluctuation?

MV 5. Yes my tpm fluctuates between 550-700 at idle and most of the time stays at 600-650. Could it be due to blocked injectors or dusty throttle body. Since the fuel consumption is not high is it ok to use an cleaner to the petrol tank to get rid of the idle rpm fluctuation?

if the vibration and RPM fluctuation is worse with load (still at idle but with AC + Head lights), then problem might be in IAC actuator.

so my suggestion is to do full air path cleanup (TB, IACV etc...) + ultrasonic injector cleanup.

simply i would say that it is a full engine tuneup (it is easier to do this than trying to pin point the root of the problem).

Edited by MV-5

Nope it doesn't go worse with load added. Just the same. I will be seeing the agents next week for a complete tune up. Will keep posting the results after the job is done. Can i stay with the car at the agents while the job is been done. Since it is my first time to the agents i doubt it.

Has anyone done a complete engine tuneup including ultrasonic injector clraning at Kle*n Pa*k JaEla? Have they got experienced guys on the job?? Finding another place apart from the agents,cause at the agentz we cannot keep an eye on the job been done.

• 3 weeks later...
Nope it doesn't go worse with load added. Just the same. I will be seeing the agents next week for a complete tune up. Will keep posting the results after the job is done. Can i stay with the car at the agents while the job is been done. Since it is my first time to the agents i doubt it.

One of my friend’s Vitz had the same issue and he went to the agents to solve it. The vibration had reduced considerably after the tune up it had cost him 30k. Don't know whether he was allowed inside the workshop. Im also having the same issue. Thinking of going to the agents soon.

Done a tune up at kl**n p**k. Cleaned the trottle body, checked the plugs(Iridium),MAF sensor,cleaned the injectors using wurth tb cleaner. But the rough idle rpm600- 650 remains. Plugged a scanner and found no errors. I'm confused of the situation.

Mate..I think the problem is with the rpm level when idle...One of my friend was having the same issue with his Allion 260..2007 model and problem was solved up to a considerable level after a good engine tune up...But the rpm when idling was around 800 when A/C on as I remember...I'm also using a Allion 260 and rpm is around 800. No issues till now..

If you have an issue with idle RPM and if you have done a normal clean up, checking plugs etc, the next thing is to get the injectors tested on a rig (along with an ultrasonic clean up) for uniform fuel delivery. If any one of the injectors is delivering more or less fuel than the others then you will experience an engine unbalance but you will not see anything in the scan.

Dear All,

Thank you for your valuable advices. When my next service is due will go to the agents and check the idle issue and let them rectify it. Earlier I couldn't mention Tha during the scan test the MAF reading was 300% high at idle rpm. The tech guys idea was it will recover in a while when you run few kms ahead.

• 7 months later...

Hi smith,

I would like to know wht happnd to ur issue.. since same issue seems to have in my premio 260 as well. When ac is on i feel an unnecessary vibration which is not big but felt well. Also my engine did stop when ac is on and in idle state. This had happned for the third time.. didn't go to scan yet. Thought of going tmrw.. my ac fan belt has tiny cracks and it had been tighten more than normal.. i dunno wht the reason is..

My premio 2009 idle rpm remains at 600-650 at gear position D with an slight vibration which may be normal. Since I'm new to the vehicle bit confused with the situation mileage 60,000km without any previous service records. Doing an engine tune up could solve the problem. If so any place apart from the agents around Colombo suitable for my car model. I have heard of Mr Dammika Fernando at borella but have never heard of him undertaking new Toyota models.

Please help!

Hi smith, I would like to know wht happnd to ur issue.. since same issue seems to have in my premio 260 as well. When ac is on i feel an unnecessary vibration which is not big but felt well. Also my engine did stop when ac is on and in idle state. This had happned for the third time.. didn't go to scan yet. Thought of going tmrw.. my ac fan belt has tiny cracks and it had been tighten more than normal.. i dunno wht the reason is..

I had the same vibration in my allion too. Though the engine never stopped, the slight vibration was there when I sold it last year. That sudden engine stop is pretty weird, you should get it checked asap.

• 2 years later...
On 9/21/2015 at 5:40 PM, briansmith said:

Please help!

Toyota allion 2011 genuine mileage  60000Km.

There is quite vibration in cabin at idle or stopped in traffic but when releasing brake and starting to accelerate, car is completely normal and smoothly accelerate. I can feel it from seats and parts of dash board. Anyone can help Why is this vibration. 

(Engine was tuned up in toyota lanka and CVT oil also changed)