• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Jevic Certificate

james

Auction sheet mileage shows the odometer reading when vehicle was put up for sale,

JEVIC certificate reading shows the mileage when the vehicle was sent for inspection, this mostly done just before shipping

the 26,000km odometer reading you saw, was it after the vehicle was brought down here? at a car sale? or in a picture?

In Sri Lanka when in doubt go with the higher mileage. Like Magnum mentioned; the auction sheet shows the mileage when the car was put up for auction and the JEVIC was when the car was sent for inspection most likely when prepped for shipment.

Obviously no car sale is going to increase the mileage so just come to a logical conclusion that these guys faked the auction report and mileage on the car and missed a step with the JEVIC certificate.

Also auction sheets are easy to fake. Seen a few instances where the auction sheets were of different cars than what was being shown/sold.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 2

The point is i get the car from one of my friend in Japan. So at the time he inspect it odo meter is showing 23000km and auction sheet same. so the there is no possible evidence that those people change the odo meter, since the place is genuine.

is there any chance of mistake in jevic.

bcz, one year back a vehicle came with a jevic certificate showing YOM as 2009 (actual 2010), and jevic entered it wrongly and they reissue the certificate to clear the vehicle frm port.

so it confusing actualy what happens. if they usually do it they will never send the odo meter certificates since i can reject the vehicle by not releasing the LC. I have send an compliant for jevic asking this...

It could happen....probability is low but it could happen and it could actually be such a case especially if you can trust the source of the car. They probably would offer an amended certificate. Hopefully their inspection sheets and what they enter in to the system shows the correct mileage at inspection. If not they will probably call it back for a re-inspection.

So the car was purchased at auction by your friend and had 23000, then it was given for a JEVIC inspection and the certificate erroneously states 42000, but during the purchase of the car and up to now it has 26000. Was the car used in Japan between the time of purchasing from the auction and exporting it to SL ?Where is the car ? Is it in Sri Lanka and did you clear it and start using it here ? Then my question is...If you trust the source of the car and trust the auction sheet and know the details...why the hell do you care what the JEVIC certificate says ? Use the car, maintain it. If you import a car...use it for two or three years in SL...it really doesn't matter a damn what the JEVIC certificates and auction sheets say because how you take care of the car whilst you are using it trumps everything else...At least that is what should happen. Now there is a case of the car being a R grade car from the auction but a discerning buyer will properly check the car and any significant crashes would be disclosed no matter whether it happened in Japan or SL. When you are selling it in a few years you just have to be patient until a person with brains comes along :D

Also, if the car is already in SL and JEVIC's records are incorrect they cant do another inspection then the certificate will probably be re-issued as mileage unknown. They could check the old service records(when the car was being used in Japan) but then again it would just be an approximation.

So again....if you are going to use the car...and you trust the source...why bother as long as you can clear it from the port. If you are worried about this so much then my belief is that you are going to resell it ?

But my initial belief holds...if and when buying a car in SL....when in doubt act based on the higher mileage...

• Like 1