• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fixing The Oem Spoiler

ninath

First of all, we already have a thread specific for Viva Elite Spoiler here and we also have a Viva Elite Community thread here as well. Please search before opening new threads.

Secondly, most spoilers require drilling the body to install it. This doesn't mean that the car will start to corrode from where it was drilled. If the job was done properly, the drilled hole has to be painted (preferably with the body colour or something close) so that no bare metal is exposed. The surface on the spoiler that comes into contact with the body needs to be secured with double-sided tape. The tape prevents water from leaking into the gap between the spoiler and the body and into the car through the mounting hole.

Finally, installing the spoiler isn't that complicated, all you really need is an electric drill, a set of basic tools and patience. More here. I was searching for a spoiler for my father's Demio on eBay and came across this excellent video about how to install it. The method used to locate where to drill (using cardboard stencils) is a great idea. Wish I had seen this at the time I did mine.

Edited by Davy