• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vezel - Safety Mechanism For Parking & Electronic Handbrake !

Chris28

Hi Guys...... does anyone know of what safety measures are built in (if any) to prevent from Parking & Electronic handbrake been applied at high-speed. Cos i think this can be very dangerous specially in our country where our "COOL" parents (also known as MORONS) allow kids to just stand and move about while the vehicle is in motion. Kids tend to press and pull any button they see....

Um I think that would have been well thought by the manufacturer and already limited by the speedo reading and gear too, complete electronic mechanism as it is somewhat of a sophisticated gearbox too.

If yours engages at a speed well above stationary I reckon something is very wrong.

Edited by tiv
  • Like 1

He isn't referring to the P on the gear selector, he's referring to the parking brake, in other words the hand brake/ emergency brake. I think the Prius has a foot parking brake.

Although electronic/ button parking brake looks good I don't find them much effective:

1. If they work at high speed its really dangerous

2. If they don't work at any given speed it takes away the whole point of emergency brake

On the topic of parking brake, don't get used to the habit of leaving your vehicle in Park mode on the gear selector without using the hand brake/ parking brake.

• Like 1

I read this on a forum. If you want to apply handbrakes at high speeds, you need to have the button pulled up (without releasing) and without even pressing the accelerator paddle. if you release the button or press the accelerator paddle it will release the brakes. Normally when we want to put on the handbrakes when we are stopped we just need to pull the button up once.

Edited by killercruise

I have no first hand experience, but from what I have learned from those who use new cars; is that the e-brake will only engage at a certain speed if you apply and release the switch. If you keep the switch engaged/pressed/pulled, the brakes will apply at any speed.

Sounds dangerous if you let the kids to play around with the controls while moving at a high speeds.

Edited by isam