• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying A Car

Rasika1979

Question

Economically hybrid is one of the best vehicle even as only vehicle.(I can not recommend Leaf as only vehicle because of its limitations.)

Hybrid vehicles in this budget range is not luxurious but fairly comfortable.

Edited by rija
  • Like 1

Dear Friends, im planing to buy a car. my budget is 3.1 million max. im not a daily user. please advice me

i would like to go for a hybrid if it is a worth dicision

Thank you

if you are not a daily user then there's no point of going for a hybrid innit?

Are you looking for a unregistered car ?

• Like 4

I agree with what most of the people say here. Don't go for Hybrid if you are not a daily runner. My friend's battery died within 6 months as he was driving only during weekends. Go with petrol vehicle.

3.1 Budget you can get a good used Sedan (Blue Sylphy, Corolla ) or brand new hatchback - 2012 models (FIT GP1, Vitz, Demio, Swift Jeep Model).

The Belta, which is a JDM model, is assembled in Japan. Most parts come from Thailand and is shared eith the export market variant.

The Belta, which is a JDM model, is assembled in Japan. -> correct

Most parts come from Thailand and is shared eith the export market variant. -> any JDM model has after market parts made in other countries...

If you are interested in non hybrid vehicle G grade Corolla 121 may come in to your budget(Around 2006 registered ones. Older ones are much cheaper.). It is a very economical and comfortable vehicle.

121 is too old to me. mm doesn't matter if you prefer. @least made after say 2005....

Just to add a bit to the Belta/Vios discussion:

The Belta, which is a JDM model, is assembled in Japan. -> correct

Most parts come from Thailand and is shared eith the export market variant. -> any JDM model has after market parts made in other countries...

Yep. Belta Is JDM.

There are 1.0 L and 1.3 L engines on belta and I have never seen a manual Belta yet. Some beltas have a tachometer (RPM) while some simply have the speedometer. all come equiped with a CVT gearbox. Supposedly better interior and better fuel economy hence more 'market value' in SL.

Yaris is the export version - most were brought Brand new to SL (Permit imports etc) Auto/Manual both available tachometer (RPM) is available in all. I think theres only the 1.3 L Version has higher ground clearance and supposed to be hardier than the belta. There are many Yaris bought by govt officials and used very sparingly (since they already have official cars) you can find some 2008ish cars that still have the 'new car' feel.

Vios is Manufactured for the asian market in Thailand - same vehicle but has 1.5 L engine usually comes auto and there's a sport version with multi function steering , a body kit and some other bells and whistles. Usually has the tachometer.

One thing i do not know for certain is whether the Yaris and VIOS also have the same CVT gearbox used in the belta.

Maybe someone can shed light on that,.

• Like 2

Just to add a bit to the Belta/Vios discussion:

Yep. Belta Is JDM.

There are 1.0 L and 1.3 L engines on belta and I have never seen a manual Belta yet. Some beltas have a tachometer (RPM) while some simply have the speedometer. all come equiped with a CVT gearbox. Supposedly better interior and better fuel economy hence more 'market value' in SL.

Yaris is the export version - most were brought Brand new to SL (Permit imports etc) Auto/Manual both available tachometer (RPM) is available in all. I think theres only the 1.3 L Version has higher ground clearance and supposed to be hardier than the belta. There are many Yaris bought by govt officials and used very sparingly (since they already have official cars) you can find some 2008ish cars that still have the 'new car' feel.

Vios is Manufactured for the asian market in Thailand - same vehicle but has 1.5 L engine usually comes auto and there's a sport version with multi function steering , a body kit and some other bells and whistles. Usually has the tachometer.

One thing i do not know for certain is whether the Yaris and VIOS also have the same CVT gearbox used in the belta.

Maybe someone can shed light on that,.

You are all right !

"One thing i do not know for certain is whether the Yaris and VIOS also have the same CVT gearbox used in the belta.

Maybe someone can shed light on that,."

=> Only Belta got CVT gear box (Belta, Axio, Allion, Premio all...) which gives seamless acceleration & better fuel economy.

Vios & Yaris got conventional 4 speed automatic. Even new 2015 Vios (Which looks completely diff. & looks like modern COROLLA) got conventional 4 speed auto.

• Like 1

You are all right !

"One thing i do not know for certain is whether the Yaris and VIOS also have the same CVT gearbox used in the belta.

Maybe someone can shed light on that,."

=> Only Belta got CVT gear box (Belta, Axio, Allion, Premio all...) which gives seamless acceleration & better fuel economy.

Vios & Yaris got conventional 4 speed automatic. Even new 2015 Vios (Which looks completely diff. & looks like modern COROLLA) got conventional 4 speed auto.

Aha.

That explains it.

The Belta never came with a MT. The FFcame with a CVT box and the AWD came with a 4spd AT. My guess is it used a K4xx (K410?) Series CVT gearbox as that is what Toyota stuck to pretty much all its 1.0-1.3L engines including the Vitz of the same vintage.

The Vios/Yaris never got a CVT. It came in either 5MT variants or 4AT variants. Uding the same logic as begore, I guess the Yaris/Vios would have had a U340 series AT box.

Dear All,,
Are there specific version in Belta that should be buy? (I mean some manufacture categories have some common issues know) Most of them available in the market is 2007.
What is best way to check the car? Check it with Toyota Company or some mechanic?
Any one have gone through check up with Toyota Company? Pls let me know what the things they gonna check?

Don't go for 1000cc belta because it's overrated and underpowered. Try to find 1300cc variant and several belta, axio and allion models are famous for cvt failure due to poor maintainance. Therefore before buying check service records and try to find agent

maintained car. Since you can afford maximum 3.1mil you can go for better quality nissan, mitsubishi and honda variants. So if you consider only about resale value then go for belta.

Edited by dhachamila
  • Like 1