• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Thieves Removing Side Mirrors On Vezel

Mdpperera

Yeah I kept feeding a street dog the past few weeks and now he stays outside the house and barks to whoever comes :D

Feed a street dog - the latest trend in home security :D. Not a bad idea. After all you get a matured dog for free, perhaps you wouldn't have to spend much on medical bills unless you choose to do so, if one dog dies you always get another, you don't have to worry about the other family members disliking dogs - well, come to think of it cons are many. Why don't you sell the idea to Otara?

• Like 3

Feed a street dog - the latest trend in home security :D. Not a bad idea. After all you get a matured dog for free, perhaps you wouldn't have to spend much on medical bills unless you choose to do so, if one dog dies you always get another, you don't have to worry about the other family members disliking dogs - well, come to think of it cons are many. Why don't you sell the idea to Otara?

LOL indeed should sell the idea to Otara :D

But the biggest problem is I want to have cats as I'm a cat lover and if the dog is dominant it would chase away the cats... :sport-smiley-027:

A dog is probably the most efficient security system to have, and you also gain an honest friend for life. When I was a kid we had an overly aggressive German Sheppard who was always in a bad mood. We had no burglar problems for his entire lifetime. (This was during a time where there were many burglaries in our area) In fact it also kept out beggars and ticket sellers etc. However there are these odd dogs who do not bark and may try to befriend the burglar.

As you mentioned befriending street dogs isn't a bad thing too. My Father In law had been in the habit of giving food to a street dog few years ago and now a couple of years later there's an entire dog community based around their gate and they do provide a decent level of security.

• Like 2

Yeah, similar story here. We had befriended 3 street dogs while living in Pelawatte. We moved houses a few years back and one of the strays actually bit the leg of a mover thinking that he was stealing stuff from our home. That's the only incident of these dogs acting aggressively. Fortunately, we had the strays vaccinated.

Even after like 3 years, the dogs recognise us whenever we happen to be in the neighbourhood. Talk about loyalty.

Edited by Sierra Charlie

@PreseaLover You have to teach the dog to become friendly with the cats. It might look ridiculous at the start, but is possible with time. My dog loves the cats he lives with, but if there is any intruder cat wondering around, the dog and the cats will join together in chasing the intruder cat away.

Back to the topic, rotweillers and german shepeherds are amazing guard dogs provided you bring them up right. The OP's best bet would be getting a dog and leaving her un-tied at night with the gates closed. Plus these dogs have natural instincts that kick in when needed, they know how and what to protect without much training! Take my word for it, a thief will think twice before getting even close to a strong dog ;)

• Like 1

And while you're at it, why don't you go the old school way and rivet every thing that can be removed.?

Good luck fighting crime,.

I saw a vid where the thief sat on the side mirror and reverse-cowthief it so hard it fell off the car...

I kid you not. It was on "Sri Lankan Traffic Violations" FB page.

• Like 1

I saw a vid where the thief sat on the side mirror and reverse-cowthief it so hard it fell off the car...

I kid you not. It was on "Sri Lankan Traffic Violations" FB page.

"reverse-cow thief"-ed!! Good one! That's hilarious, you bugger!

(I didn't think it was possible but the video clearly shows how its done! So I guess we can proudly claim that only in SL do men reverse cow-thief vesi's so hard that their side mirror's fall off! :) )

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

LOL indeed should sell the idea to Otara :D

But the biggest problem is I want to have cats as I'm a cat lover and if the dog is dominant it would chase away the cats... :sport-smiley-027:

PreseaLover and CatLover. I have 2 kittens 1 week old, up for grabs if you are interested :)

What are the colours of them? are they female or male cats? :sport-smiley-003:

Both black + white. Couldn't check the gender :)

Their mother passed away the day before yesterday due to an accident while trying to cross the road. We are trying to bring them up, feeding with goat milk and baby formula. But my sister who is looking after them mostly is a bit allergic to cats, hence trying to find another home.

Both black + white. Couldn't check the gender :)

Their mother passed away the day before yesterday due to an accident while trying to cross the road. We are trying to bring them up, feeding with goat milk and baby formula. But my sister who is looking after them mostly is a bit allergic to cats, hence trying to find another home.

Hmm... black and white one I already have in my previous home.... I see him once it two weeks time... I'm looking for a white one with orange spots... anyway since im not in my new home most of the time, there will be no one to look after them.... I will think about it and let you know... gender checking is a must... it should be male..

btw hope you have not named them yet... otherwise they will be used to those names... I have a set of names I want to put so if I take the cat, I'm hoping to give those names :) anyway will let you know, thanks mate!

Edited by PreseaLover

Hmm... black and white one I already have in my previous home.... I see him once it two weeks time... I'm looking for a white one with orange spots... anyway since im not in my new home most of the time, there will be no one to look after them.... I will think about it and let you know... gender checking is a must... it should be male..

btw hope you have not named them yet... otherwise they will be used to those names... I have a set of names I want to put so if I take the cat, I'm hoping to give those names :) anyway will let you know, thanks mate!

Have you been told by people you know that your decision making process, may it be buying a car or adopting an orphan kitten, is a bit "different" from normal people..

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 5

Have you been told by people you know that your decision making process, may it be buying a car or adopting an orphan kitten, is a bit "different" from normal people..

Nah you are the first :D

I have been told that my taste in women are different than normal people though :D

By the time you buy the puppy and bring it up to guarding level, say in 12 months, i guess it will be after 5 more sets of mirrors and thieves might have moved from Vezels to something els like the New Toyota Crossover.

By the time you buy the puppy and bring it up to guarding level, say in 12 months, i guess it will be after 5 more sets of mirrors and thieves might have moved from Vezels to something els like the New Toyota Crossover.

Hence, the new trend discussed above - " feed a street dog". There are 75,000 of them in the island according to a TV news clip a few days back.

Actually female cats are friendlier when fully grown and smell less. Regardless of whether you adopt a female kitten or a male kitten you should get him/her sterilized when you do adopt else you'll be contributing to the stray population. Plus its much less annoying to have a sterilized cat as they don't go crazy meowing and screeching all night every so often.

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

"reverse-cow thief"-ed!! Good one! That's hilarious, you bugger!

(I didn't think it was possible but the video clearly shows how its done! So I guess we can proudly claim that only in SL do men reverse cow-thief vesi's so hard that their side mirror's fall off! :) )

YoZUvQA.gif

• Like 1

Actually female cats are friendlier when fully grown and smell less. Regardless of whether you adopt a female kitten or a male kitten you should get him/her sterilized when you do adopt else you'll be contributing to the stray population. Plus its much less annoying to have a sterilized cat as they don't go crazy meowing and screeching all night every so often.

ohhh, didnt know that... btw I have never sterilized a cat ever in my life :D

I have never had a kitten either, all I had was half grown up teenage cats, I don't think they were sterlized either.... but thanks for the advice :)

ohhh, didnt know that... btw I have never sterilized a cat ever in my life :D

I have never had a kitten either, all I had was half grown up teenage cats, I don't think they were sterlized either.... but thanks for the advice :)

Yeah, I think alot of people don't know, so don't feel bad, but get the word out, and get your pets / strays around the house vaccinated and sterilized.

You can get cats and dogs sterilized for free or chose to pay a nominal charge to cover the expense, so they can continue their good work. And they do sterilize adult cats and dogs too, so if there are strays hanging about your place do the public a favour and take them along to the clinic when you are free:

Municipal Dog Pound,

No .23, Magazine Road,

Colombo 08.

Tel:011-2695139

is the main place, but they do regional mobile clinics from time to time as well...

for you buggers in Kandy the same applies at the Peradeniya Veterinary Faculty:

Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Tel: 081-2388664

Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences

Faculty of Veterinary Medicine & Animal Science

University of Peradeniya

Edited by Kavvz

Exactly. Also if the robbers are so confident that you store your entire wealth inside your house, they can simply poison the dog and enter the premises.