• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Thieves Removing Side Mirrors On Vezel

Mdpperera

You guys should think of all age deterrent, Dog. There was some brake inn’s near my house. All the houses around me were broken in to systematically. But not mine. As a additional Bones it will take care of your Rat’s, Cat’s & monitor lizards problems free of charge.

Edited by Batteries
  • Like 1

Or perhaps you should consider buying and owning cars that no one wants to steal. I remember this drama with the N16s and FB15s.

exactly! You buy a silver FB15 and you become the source for thousands of FB15 owners who now have a replacement mirror which doesn't even need a respray :D

Or you go buy a Ford Mondeo, the chances are that the thief will be back begging you to buy your own mirror :D

• Like 2

Or perhaps you should consider buying and owning cars that no one wants to steal. I remember this drama with the N16s and FB15s.

Been there. The insurance companies took a great step in curbing the demand though. They specifically required the owners replace with new spares (could be done as the thieves only stole the mirror, not the mirror assembly). No one to buy the mirrors, diminished the demand and hence the chances of selling the loot.

You guys should think of all age deterrent, Dog. There was some brake inn’s near my house. All the houses around me were broken in to systematically. But not mine. As a additional Bones it will take care of your Rat’s, Cat’s & monitor lizards problems free of charge.

U got a Rottweiler?

U got a Rottweiler?

Then you have to maintain the dog by giving food and all.... So why not use a BARKING DOG ALARM? :D

When an intruder approaches your gate, it begins to bark like a large German Shepherd.... If the motion continues, the barking becomes more frequent and more threatening... it's not much expensive too..... Too many bow bow's and the thief will leave :D:sad-smiley-068: ... :sport-smiley-004:

both mirrors of my sister's axio and few other allions and premios (only toyotas) on the same area were robbed few weeks ago. even finger prints and distant CCTV images were recovered from a neighbour's camera. no one caught yet.

Toyota should introduce pop-up side mirrors to Sri Lankan market soon. Once you start the vehicle only side mirrors come out. :sport-smiley-004:

Meanwhile somewhere in the world, :speechless-smiley-004:

http://www.core77.com/posts/38703/Disguising-Your-Car-with-Fake-Rust-Looks-Interesting-But-Wont-Prevent-Someone-From-Stealing-It

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

Thank you all for your replies. Yes CCTV is the best solution so far and police also recommended that. But these systems are so expensive in SL (Package + Installation) 1.3MP HD 4 Cam system asking 90000/- :speechless-smiley-003::speechless-smiley-006:

Where is the best place to go and check some CCTV systems? Any contact?

Also Yes Motion sensors will be very helpful, and I am planning to fix those clip lockers to my Vezel side mirrors. :sad-smiley-067:

Check on 1st cross street as well as ebay mate.There are lot of Chinese stuffs on low price. DVR around 7k-9k and camera around 2k. another option is ip camera that support dyn dns. then u can configure it and view from office as well.or use mortion detection camera that saved data on SD card firtst come first out basis, please google those technologies for information

Hey Sampath, Thank you for your replies. Those are very useful. Also others thank you so much for the comments. I am still contacting few CCTV guys and companies to get a good quote, but most of them are above 80K for HD 4 Cams (1.3Mp) 4 channel system. If I can find a electrician who fix these I dont mind buying a system from fort.

Insurance guys still did not approve my 2nd claim so I am awaiting to hear from them. Now that I have made too claims, will there be an additional charges for next year's insurance? :sad-smiley-068:

Where did you get that quotation from? I was asked 195,000 for 16 cameras for my business premises

bdw 1.3Mp isnt HD

Edited by Magnum

Where did you get that quotation from? I was asked 195,000 for 16 cameras for my business premises

bdw 1.3Mp isnt HD

It is :)

HD: 1280x720 (720p), total pixels = 1280*720 = 921600 = 0.9Mp

Full HD : 1920x1080 (1080p), total pixels = 2.0736Mp

Edited by NRX
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

As CCTV systems have been discussed heavily here, I will post my question here than on a new thread.

Are there any restrictions in bringing down a DVR + cameras into SL from abroad for residential usage?

Edited by ruwds

As CCTV systems have been discussed heavily here, I will post my question here than on a new thread.

Is there any restrictions in bring doing a DVR + cameras into SL from abroad for residential usage?

A friend of mine recently took a CCTV system with him on his visit to Sri Lanka. It was for his parents' place. He said that he didn't even have to claim. So should be fine if its just 1 unit.

• Like 1

Thanks Davy. That's exactly what I am thinking to do. Just one unit for our home..

A CCTV system is like icing on the cake if you already have a burglar alarm system (door and window sensors) with few outdoor motion sensors. This will keep the intruders away as they will know you have a system in place with one or two siren triggers.

But by only having a CCTV system, a person can come to your property in the night (example: fully covered helmet), do his thing and walk away.

Just my opinion.......

• Like 1

A CCTV system is like icing on the cake if you already have a burglar alarm system (door and window sensors) with few outdoor motion sensors. This will keep the intruders away as they will know you have a system in place with one or two siren triggers. But by only having a CCTV system, a person can come to your property in the night (example: fully covered helmet), do his thing and walk away. Just my opinion.......

I was thinking the same thing..

If it's a bank or a high value business where the investigations could actually catch the criminals and retrieve sizable stolen assets, a CCTV system, may be worth it. But if you can't expect the police to waste resources on looking for your stolen vezzel mirror based on CCTV footage.

In which case I think a motion sensor that automatically turns on the porch lights is more likely to scare away the common cat-burglar.

bdw 1.3Mp isnt HD

200k for 16 camera's isn't a bad price at all if it includes the labour and installation for wired units, with that many cameras; setup's a pain regardless of whether they are wired or wireless...What do you need 16 bloody cameras for anyway? And how are you going to monitor them all even if you do get that many installed?

Edited by Kavvz

I was thinking the same thing..

If it's a bank or a high value business where the investigations could actually catch the criminals and retrieve sizable stolen assets, a CCTV system, may be worth it. But if you can't expect the police to waste resources on looking for your stolen vezzel mirror based on CCTV footage.

In which case I think a motion sensor that automatically turns on the porch lights is more likely to scare away the common cat-burglar.

For once Watchman makes some sense! I kid watchman! I kid :D

Yeah this make sense and I can confirm that deterring theft via a dog or an electronic system that turns on the lights / sounds a siren when motion is detected is probably better than a CCTV system. Having everything on CCTV is a great deterrent for internal theft or confirmation of suspicions when dealing with known parties / staff etc but if you don't know the person on camera there is no point to the footage after the crime is committed.

(The police just watch it, record a statement and tell you to let them know if any other developments occur! They are too busy/ too over worked to bother themselves over petty crime, and it makes sense when you think about it a bit. We had a situation where we had footage of a theft, and even with a somewhat clear picture of the thief the police weren't able to do much, as it was just petty theft and we were totally unaware who the perpetrator was. The guy who watches over the house when we are away, now has a couple of street dogs which he feeds. They hang about the place with him and are probably a much better better deterrent than the cameras ever were! Talk about a low cost, eco friendly solution! That bugger's smarter than I was when it comes to home security I'll tell you that...!! )

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 2

For once Watchman makes some sense! I kid watchman! I kid :D

Yeah this make sense and I can confirm that deterring theft via a dog or an electronic system that turns on the lights / sounds a siren when motion is detected is probably better than a CCTV system. Having everything on CCTV is a great deterrent for internal theft or confirmation of suspicions when dealing with known parties / staff etc but if you don't know the person on camera there is no point to the footage after the crime is committed.

(The police just watch it, record a statement and tell you to let them know if any other developments occur! They are too busy/ too over worked to bother themselves over petty crime, and it makes sense when you think about it a bit. We had a situation where we had footage of a theft, and even with a somewhat clear picture of the thief the police weren't able to do much, as it was just petty theft and we were totally unaware who the perpetrator was. The guy who watches over the house when we are away, now has a couple of street dogs which he feeds. They hang about the place with him and are probably a much better better deterrent than the cameras ever were! Talk about a low cost, eco friendly solution! That bugger's smarter than I was when it comes to home security I'll tell you that...!! )

Yeah I kept feeding a street dog the past few weeks and now he stays outside the house and barks to whoever comes :D

• Like 2