• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mercedes E Class 2010

sasika

Hi guys,

I have been looking at the W212 E class for days and found one. Since the car is 5 years old, I would like to know what to expect in the next 2-3 years from someone having experience. I already used a Beemer so pretty much aware about them, but I'm in the darkness on Mercs. The vehicle has only 36k miles and servicing is done by d*mo precisely (I verified with d*mo). I could not find any common issues with the W212 like the outgoing model. My specific concerns are
- Will it need the engine mounts to be replaced soon?

- Will it need the belt replacement?

Thanks in advance

Isn't it good to check with the agent ? They will give a comprehensive report.

p.s. I don't know anything about mercs. just a suggestion.

I checked the past with them and looks perfect. I want to keep some margin for the possible issues just after buying. Thanks for the reply

I checked the past with them and looks perfect. I want to keep some margin for the possible issues just after buying. Thanks for the reply

Okay...but can't you talk to the agents (service manager/mechanic/etc...) to see what the common issues are with the model ? It is not like they are protecting any trade secrets or anything nor that they would care if the current owner makes the sale or not....

Okay...but can't you talk to the agents (service manager/mechanic/etc...) to see what the common issues are with the model ? It is not like they are protecting any trade secrets or anything nor that they would care if the current owner makes the sale or not....

There aren't any. They said this is a good car to buy when I talked to them. But they leave some uncertainty in my mind. . I'm looking for someone using the model around here so that I can get a first hand view on the vehicle. Thanks

There aren't any. They said this is a good car to buy when I talked to them. But they leave some uncertainty in my mind. . I'm looking for someone using the model around here so that I can get a first hand view on the vehicle. Thanks

What are you getting ? As in what engine and trim spec?

Isn't there a MB club or something ?

9 mil??? realistically speaking the cars should be changing hands at the 7.5 mark or less (at least the early 2010 ones). Either way the prices should take a big hit when the all new model comes out next year. The way mercs are getting bolder and bolder these days I'm expecting the new one to be the biggest step forward in e class history. Or not considering how the E was always kept very conservative.

• Like 1

9 mil??? realistically speaking the cars should be changing hands at the 7.5 mark or less (at least the early 2010 ones). Either way the prices should take a big hit when the all new model comes out next year. The way mercs are getting bolder and bolder these days I'm expecting the new one to be the biggest step forward in e class history. Or not considering how the E was always kept very conservative.

Yeah I wasn't impressed with the fact that I'm paying that money to get a 5 year (nearly 6) old car. Then emerged another attractive option, so gave up the E class for that. I'll update about it when it's confirmed :)