• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Changing The Stock Horn Of Subaru

sharma

Guys,

Looking to replace the horns that came stock in my Subaru XV. Do you have any suggestion for any brand or place?

I'm looking at Bosch, have you anyone used their products? How much would it take approximately?

I like the sound of F10. One that comes stock sounds like a lady screaming. So I want to get rid of it and put on a manly horn.

Thanks!

Have experienced hella pair which people commonly refer as "golubella" horn.

Its a low frequency decent sound.I dont know whether it will fit your requirements. Search you tube for examples tones.

The Hella's sound great, like most Euro car horns would, however do note that they are quite susceptible to water damage

Anyway probably you will need to do a separate wiring for these horns as they draw lots of amps which stock wiring will not be able to handle.

You will need to get a 12V line directly from battery and connect to horn through a relay and use stock horn cable as trigger for relay. Don't forget to add a 15-20A fuse to direct line.

• Like 1