• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

racerboy

Missed this thread...I was in the same situation as you when I started work on the Capri. It's been going on over two years now due to various delays. Hang in there, it will happen, eventually :)

Repeating MAS, what is the corrosion protector? We used the Wurth undercoating which doesn't look nowhere near as tidy as that.

Hi bro.,

yeah ive seen you tread in the past.. thought it would have been completed by now... hmmm its the case everywhere then :)

mine has finished its final coat..and the delay now is bad weather..!! yesterday the rims have been painted and now needs fresh rubbber.. got a set of white wall flaps to fix with the tires.. front seats have reached colombo with no issues thankfully.

replying to MAS as well: After MAS's query i called up the garage and inquired, apparently its less cost efective under coatting named as AUTO, its supposed to come with an hardner/ thikening agent. A 1 litr can is around Rs. 1,000/- agree it looks neat. :)

Thanks Tuner.. im going with 195/70 R14 .. ordered them but got delivery of 175/70 r14 and got them fixed..i noticed the tire size when I got this picture! Now have to get them changed to the size i ordered.

aIVAJu.jpg

Edited by racerboy

Guys..

Would anyone know a place where they do painting for leather seats and door boards? The front seats i got are in Grey color but the rest of the interior is beige. Since im not able to get the exact or closes color of meterial i was wondering if i paint the seats and door cards, the interior would match better.

any ideas? Thanks for the support!

That body looks damn straight. Good job racerboy!

As for the leather, colour changing is possible, but I'm not sure if there are local places that do it. The leather needs to be primed and the new colour sprayed on.

• 1 month later...
He may be referring to a dye maybe?

yeah thats what i was refering to.. :)

That body looks damn straight. Good job racerboy!

As for the leather, colour changing is possible, but I'm not sure if there are local places that do it. The leather needs to be primed and the new colour sprayed on.

Thanks Davi..

Try S.A Perera at Kelaniya.They dye leather.2911850

I tried calling these guys, they say they are not able to do the job for me but will find someone and get back hopefully... Thanks for all of your support guys.. the car is nearing completion thank god..

r0CsY5.jpg

PvBwrA.jpg

Edited by racerboy
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

Hi guys..

sorry for the long silence. the car body work was completed, but had a starting issue probably due to the long holidays it had. moreover the garage guys had cut the main wiring harnass off which took some time to sort. the car was loded on a carrier and put at Avinda with all the interior parts not fixed. The guy who did the paint didnt do it for me and i didnt want to leave the car there anymore, hence i've requested Avinda to put the together for me.

its been there for a while now but i know the car is in safe hands. ive attached a picture of the car leaving on the carrier. once more work is done will keep you all updated. Thanks for the love guys.. cheers.!!

ilStwu.jpg

JYbFao.jpg

• Like 1

Hey,

Just sharing an opinion, when painting our w123 once, we painted the lowermost sections of the front fenders (basically the while strip under the front bumper) black. I personally liked how the car looked with it painted cos the car looked slightly wider. It doesnt need a lot of rework. Just a few hours work at most.

Just sharing a view, upto you on if you wanna do it. :)

Very nice!

Sorry to hear about the mechs messing with the wiring. A similar thing happened to me. I gave the guy an earful, and stripped the car myself. A common issue with our garages I guess.

Edited by Davy