• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

racerboy

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'll share pictures of my W123 being done up. Actually work started 1 year back, hadn't time to share anything as I am based out of SL. The work has been painfully slow.. but I didn't have a choice in the matter since im not there to push and get things done. The car had some corrosions and obviously would need a new full spray.

I had put it a place in Athurugiriya first and nothing was done for about 1 year.. car was just idling. Then I got to know a garage in Nawala and handed it over... work is very slow but at least there was progress.. ive attached a picture of how the car was before.. will attach some pictures of how the car looked after taking out panels and being parked doing nothing for a year...

post-51969-0-43398000-1441792263_thumb.j

• Like 1

From your photos, it looks like there has been bodywork done on the car before as well (referring to the spot-welded panel inside the trunk and the patch panel attached to the wheel well). And it looks like the panels were not painted after being attached. Have the tinkerer remove the rust on the panels, and give a good seal (undercoating on the under side and a few layers of paint inside the trunk) so that they don't rust again.

From your photos, it looks like there has been bodywork done on the car before as well (referring to the spot-welded panel inside the trunk and the patch panel attached to the wheel well). And it looks like the panels were not painted after being attached. Have the tinkerer remove the rust on the panels, and give a good seal (undercoating on the under side and a few layers of paint inside the trunk) so that they don't rust again.

Hi Davy,

No, it hadn't been done before, The spot welded part was also replaced now, ill attached a picture of that area before it was done.

ufe9pH.jpg

Now the car is sprayed with an corrosion protector (pictures bellow), the underneath of doors, engine hood, boot lid, fenders we also done. looks neat.. after all is complete i'm hoping to do a undercoating using WURTH products.

byx5TO.jpgXGzTlk.jpg

ppOwjG.jpgx7nAUu.jpg

What do you think?

Edited by racerboy
  • Like 1

Hi Davy,

No, it hadn't been done before, The spot welded part was also replaced now, ill attached a picture of that area before it was done.

Now the car is sprayed with an corrosion protector (pictures bellow), the underneath of doors, engine hood, boot lid, fenders we also done. looks neat.. after all is complete i'm hoping to do a undercoating using WURTH products.

What do you think?

Awesome! That actually looks pretty good. Please upload bigger pictures in the future.

• 1 month later...

Missed this thread...I was in the same situation as you when I started work on the Capri. It's been going on over two years now due to various delays. Hang in there, it will happen, eventually :)

Repeating MAS, what is the corrosion protector? We used the Wurth undercoating which doesn't look nowhere near as tidy as that.