• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Tune Up And Fuel Efficiency (Nissan Super Saloon 2010 / 1600Cc)

Thari1986

I have a bought a Nissan N17 2010 model and it did about 9km per/l.

My 40000 full service was due and I was supposed to do a engine tune up as well though it was costly I asked do the tune as I was thinking to increase my fuel to 10km/l but unfortunately after the tune my fuel consumption has dropped down to 7km/l.

Please can some share your valuable opinion on this issue as I need to increase my fuel consumption and my friends says not to go to A*W again as their work is not that great.

Thanks in advance

Thant is strange. I used a N16 and got the engine tune-ups done at A*W many times. And every time I was rewarded with better throttle response and hence better gas-mileage. I'm not sure whether n17 share the same engine as N16, but still... losing out after an engine tune up is strange. Did they do a throttle body cleanup before the engine tune up? And how is the status of your air-filter? do you experience higher than usual RPM? Why are you not satisfied with the service of A*W?

If you are not satisfied with A*W, a guess Dhammika (The place Rumesh suggested) would be the ideal person to sort out the problem.

Don't forget to clean the AC intake filter as well. It makes a big difference!

Thant is strange. I used a N16 and got the engine tune-ups done at A*W many times. And every time I was rewarded with better throttle response and hence better gas-mileage. I'm not sure whether n17 share the same engine as N16, but still... losing out after an engine tune up is strange. Did they do a throttle body cleanup before the engine tune up? And how is the status of your air-filter? do you experience higher than usual RPM? Why are you not satisfied with the service of A*W?

If you are not satisfied with A*W, a guess Dhammika (The place Rumesh suggested) would be the ideal person to sort out the problem.

Don't forget to clean the AC intake filter as well. It makes a big difference!

There is no model as N17. Its what our people started calling. Anyway I had a similar car " bluebird sylphy" which shares the same engine.

Just try the basics such as air filter , Idling Rpm - Without AC - 750 , with AC about 900, status of plugs.If they are fine the below could be the issue.

Your car had got used to running with partly blocked injectors and throttle body. When the tune up is done, the parameters should be reset to manufacturers spec. But outside cheap places do not have scanning machines to do that and they just let the vehicle go away.You are running with high rpm leading to more fuel to waste.

Two options.

01. Run with this spec for about another 200 - 500 km , the car adjusts by itself in most of time.

02. GO to agents are request for scan - The scan would not cost you much ( less than 2000 rupess. If the numbers are not in order they would set it right - Hopefully :)

I have a bought a Nissan N17 2010 model and it did about 9km per/l.

My 40000 full service was due and I was supposed to do a engine tune up as well though it was costly I asked do the tune as I was thinking to increase my fuel to 10km/l but unfortunately after the tune my fuel consumption has dropped down to 7km/l.

Please can some share your valuable opinion on this issue as I need to increase my fuel consumption and my friends says not to go to A*W again as their work is not that great.

Thanks in advance

As Rumesh suggested, Kotta road is the place you should go.... forget about the agents.... My car initially did only around 8, 8.5 and after paying a visit to Mr. Dammika it started doing 12 in city traffic...

Why don't you give an ECU rest before all by disconnecting positive battery terminal for about 30mins and reconnect? (You will need to reprogram your Audio setup and the clock. :prankster2: very Easy thing)

This will reset the ECU for factory defaults and having drive in your regular pattern for about 100-200 Kms it will automatically adjust it self for optimum consumption. Hopefully your problem will go away.

I have seen and heard that most of the tuning places will not do this and the vehicle owner will not benefit maximum out of the tuning.

It is a best practice of doing this after every tuneup or a performance enhancement to get best out of it.

Edited by LancerL
  • Like 1

Why don't you give an ECU rest before all by disconnecting positive battery terminal for about 30mins and reconnect? (You will need to reprogram your Audio setup and the clock. :prankster2: very Easy thing)

This will reset the ECU for factory defaults and having drive in your regular pattern for about 100-200 Kms it will automatically adjust it self for optimum consumption. Hopefully your problem will go away.

I have seen and heard that most of the tuning places will not do this and the vehicle owner will not benefit maximum out of the tuning.

It is a best practice of doing this after every tuneup or a performance enhancement to get best out of it.

i used to reset ECU when necessary(yes DIY ), like LancerL said not many makabass do that, specially makabass dont have proper knowledge to understand necessity of it.