• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rat Problem

bycap

Question

guys, faced to a huge problem. Yesterday I brought some stuffs from my previous home ( as we are moving to a new place). Came in little late and kept all the stuffs in the car hoping to take them out in the morning. Some effing rat got in and over the night bugger has eaten my seat and some interior stuffs. morning we had a mission and unfortunate result was it got in to the dash board. Tried every possible ways to get it out but now Im out of solutions.

anyone faced to a similar situation and what else can I do ?

10 answers to this question

Mouse trap is a good idea. Set up one, still no luck. Im still worrying whether he will damage the inside wiring. :sad-smiley-067:

Told you to cover the car and make him feel it's the night... How do you know still no luck? Did you peep into the car and see whether he is trapped?

If the rat see's you while you were peeping into the car, he will never come out... so you gotta stay back, lay low for a while till he gets caught...

don't tell me you just kept the mouse trap in the car, without keeping some food on it... did you?

Edited by PreseaLover

Patience patience.

Setup the trap and wait for the bugger to take the bait.

if you guys made a racket trying to chase him out, bugger would be shit scared and must have lost his guidance system in the process as well, so would take more time than usual

BTW on a related matter, as a preventive measure there is advertising going on for these ultrasonic rodent repellant things that keep away the mice.

Any one know whether they are effective or not ?

Edited by B2Spirit

This issue had been discussed at length in http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/16551-rat-problem-advice-on-next-steps/?hl=mouse#entry270189.

BTW there is a strange method to get a rat moving out from its hiding place. Make a PSSSSST noise by blowing air through your teeth - higher the pitch better the result. Worked every time for me. As for the ultrasonic thing I too have a unit with me which I am prepared to give away to anyone who is volunteering to objectively experiment with it. :D

Edited by Rumesh88
  • Like 3