• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Davy

Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

I realised I haven't updated this thread in a while.

Some more photos with the BBS wheels on:

IMG_20161217_204831_zpsspfu6kv7.thumb.JPG.d79bef43392d5bba2ae44dd59c74a398.JPG

IMG_20161217_204843_zps0wcn9twe.thumb.JPG.a2f7085b98f87b2ada4ad573121421d8.JPG

The engine cover on the RalliArt is the same one that comes on the Evo, but the top part is not painted red. So I painted it red. The colour in the second photo is poor (looks Orange than red), thanks to my phone. :) 

IMG_20161211_232840_zpsclflwe8s.thumb.JPG.7d8b967f8932c2a56158d9a4b8fb720d.JPG

IMG_20161214_214849_zps9uftodlw.thumb.JPG.03130d5ac3eaf73f747e53f4d1e1676d.JPG

And now I'm back on OEM wheels again (newly painted - thread here) because the used tyres on the BBS wheels are horrible and the tyres on the OEM wheels are still good. Will use these for a while and go back to the BBS wheels later. After installing them, I kinda like them too.

I want to restore the BBS rims back to the original black-chrome finish that comes in the Evo X Final Edition. 

2016-mitsubishi-evo-x-final-edition-whee

Anyway, here's what she looks like now. Coincidentally next to a Lancer EX Facelift! :) 

IMG_20170325_101407_edit_zpsehivoykf.thumb.JPG.4746ff519cbb8533a2b3012b9f235ef2.JPG

BeautyAndTheBeast2_zpsdlbo9ave.thumb.PNG.d38a6dc22ce8ec6d9ed2cda280ccd303.PNG

I will be putting on coilovers (these ones) soon. Just hate that front wheel gap. 

While I'm here, I have a question for Lancer EX owners. Do the ones with projector headlamps in Sri Lanka come with headlight leveling as well? I'm thinking of upgrading mine to projectors and my wiring harness doesn't have wires for leveling, so I was wondering if there was a projector headlight option without leveling. A bit of research on Australian forums reveal that leveling motors can be purchased separately, but apparently 2011+ models don't come with them in the wiring harness, so external wiring will be required and I don't want to do that. So I'm checking if there are OEM projectors without leveling. More info here.

Edited by Davy
Fixed broken image links

Car's looking great man! One thing I keep forgetting to ask is whether the Ralliart is AWD like the evo? I presume it is... Also, any plans to bump up the power?

5 hours ago, Supra_Natural said:

Car's looking great man! One thing I keep forgetting to ask is whether the Ralliart is AWD like the evo? I presume it is... Also, any plans to bump up the power?

Thanks machan! Appreciate it.

Yes, the RalliArt is AWD and has Mitsubishi's All Wheel Control (AWC) and Active Center Differential (ACD) systems which allow you to select the surface you are driving on (tarmac, gravel or snow) and it electronically adjusts the power distribution based on which mode you're on. The only thing that the RalliArt lacks is Active Yaw Control (AYC) that the Evo has.

I have no immediate plans of bumping up the power, mainly because I'm happy the way things are for now and because my wife drives it frequently. If I ever do, I'll probably go for an upgrade kit. Whatever I do, I will keep this thread posted. :)

Edited by Davy
Corrected typo
  • Like 1

So should I start the “chooned by Komi” section and go on about evo Conversions and whatnot? 

Congrats man! Highly belated but hey, the ball-licking lion is back! 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Komisiripala said:

So should I start the “chooned by Komi” section and go on about evo Conversions and whatnot? 

Congrats man! Highly belated but hey, the ball-licking lion is back! 

lol Thanks machan!

3 minutes ago, Komisiripala said:

coilovers! i've been telling you from day one! where? where?? damn you!! 

I know I know! I've already selected a set (this one) and been putting off buying them due to other priorities. :( This is the first thing I'm gonna do, I promise you! I am actually embarrassed of that huge wheel gap. I don't know what Mitsubishi was thinking when they signed off on the stock height of the RalliArt and the Evo. It's just hideous. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davy said:

I know I know! I've already selected a set (this one) and been putting off buying them due to other priorities. :( This is the first thing I'm gonna do, I promise you! I am actually embarrassed of that huge wheel gap. I don't know what Mitsubishi was thinking when they signed off on the stock height of the RalliArt and the Evo. It's just hideous. 

I'm guessing they were thinking "It's going to be a rally car and people will drive them on gravel and other unimproved roads, so best give it some height".

13 minutes ago, Supra_Natural said:

I'm guessing they were thinking "It's going to be a rally car and people will drive them on gravel and other unimproved roads, so best give it some height".

You have a point, but take the WRX from the same era (or even the new one) for example. Also a rally car but it sits much better than an Evo in it's stock form IMO. I guess what I meant was the gap between the wheel and the fender, not the height. The stock tyre profile of the WRX for example (245/40R18) is better than the RalliArt tyres (225/45R18). This fills the wheel well nicely, leaving only a little gap.

The gap on the Evo is actually much much better than the RalliArt. If you check my photos with Evo X wheels on, you can notice that the gap is a bit narrow. It appears this way due to the higher positive offset of the rim, making it sit closer to the lip of the fender.

• Like 2

On 1/9/2018 at 12:55 PM, Davy said:

You have a point, but take the WRX from the same era (or even the new one) for example. Also a rally car but it sits much better than an Evo in it's stock form IMO. I guess what I meant was the gap between the wheel and the fender, not the height. The stock tyre profile of the WRX for example (245/40R18) is better than the RalliArt tyres (225/45R18). This fills the wheel well nicely, leaving only a little gap.

The gap on the Evo is actually much much better than the RalliArt. If you check my photos with Evo X wheels on, you can notice that the gap is a bit narrow. It appears this way due to the higher positive offset of the rim, making it sit closer to the lip of the fender.

Fair point, does the ralliart have longer suspension travel than the Evo? That could explain the extra clearance. Also is the ground clearance figure the same between the Evo and the Ralliart? If I had to guess I'd think that they made the Ralliart softer with a bit more suspension travel to make it more livable. 

5 minutes ago, Supra_Natural said:

Fair point, does the ralliart have longer suspension travel than the Evo? That could explain the extra clearance. Also is the ground clearance figure the same between the Evo and the Ralliart? If I had to guess I'd think that they made the Ralliart softer with a bit more suspension travel to make it more livable. 

Spot on! The RalliArt does have different dampers and they're more or less the same height as the ones you get in the base Lancer (Lancer Ex in Sri Lanka), but with stiffer springs. In fact, the entire suspension system is far more superior on the Evo with alloy control arms opposed to the RalliArt that has steel ones.