• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Wagonr Hybrid

n00b

A friend told me it was rather under-powered on the hillside (Kanda ta poddak madi) , but in Colombo he manages fine. Hardly scientific but this is typical Sri Lankan output.

Edited by tiv

A friend of mine told me there's a FB group called Suzuki Wagon R hybrid owners club or something, where owners share each others experience I think you'd get some first-hand feedback from that.

edit - I asked him : search for "Suzuki Wagon R Hybrid - Owners Club" i don't think I'm allowed to post the link here.

Edited by matroska

A friend told me it was rather under-powered on the hillside (Kanda ta poddak madi) , but in Colombo he manages fine. Hardly scientific but this is typical Sri Lankan output.

I won't go hillsides much. This is just for me to travel office (around Colombo). Considering fuel consumption and price it is worth (I know its ugly) ? Rather than buying old overpriced Toyota/Nissan/Honda.

A friend of mine told me there's a FB group called Suzuki Wagon R hybrid owners club or something, where owners share each others experience I think you'd get some first-hand feedback from that.

edit - I asked him : search for "Suzuki Wagon R Hybrid - Owners Club" i don't think I'm allowed to post the link here.

Thanks. I will check it.

But I believe this is a good choice if you mostly running in Colombo. With the prices, way better if you could go for this Japanese Suzuki rather than going for a Indian/ Malaysian or Chinese branded car considering how the market behaviors in SL.

Ya, Hybrid one is JDM.

I feel the Stingray version looks good except for the "bit too much" grill lighting.

There's a JDM one too,

Besides if you get the normal one, you'll always be nagging to yourself why you didn't get the better one,

And someday when you want to sell it off, the car sale mudalali is gonna say "aiyo sir make normal eka ne, shingray modal eka wadeiyen denna thibba"

http://www.batfa.com/newcar-wagonrstingray.htm

Am i the only one who buy one these for that kinda money? :sport-smiley-004::sad-smiley-067:

Its got more power(with turbo) and space too .

70090307523015071300100.jpg

9030752A30150713W00101.jpg

Hi Magnum,

Actually this is perfect. But people in SL takes car is "posh" than a buddy van or batta van. No matter the options you have or the power, Turbos etc... Batta van is still a batta van for sri lankans.

People here in SL usually don't buy vehicles for the purpose. They do it as a trend, sadly.

• Like 2

Hi Magnum,

Actually this is perfect. But people in SL takes car is "posh" than a buddy van or batta van. No matter the options you have or the power, Turbos etc... Batta van is still a batta van for sri lankans.

People here in SL usually don't buy vehicles for the purpose. They do it as a trend, sadly.

Wouldn't the YOM criteria not allow this to be imported? This looks old

Wouldn't the YOM criteria not allow this to be imported? This looks old

Yep this face model cannot be imported, but sadly most of the ones in SL are brought down converted with this face. The original wagon is pretty expensive in Japan itself. The original would be somewhere around 3.5mil when it comes down to SL.

The converted ones are surprisingly good as the original

You and vans.... a better love story than twilight

I know right :D

Vans are awesome :king2:

Edited by Magnum

Yep this face model cannot be imported, but sadly most of the ones in SL are brought down converted with this face. The original wagon is pretty expensive in Japan itself. The original would be somewhere around 3.5mil when it comes down to SL.

The converted ones are surprisingly good as the original

I know right :D

Vans are awesome :king2:

These must have been quite nippy, unladen with the turbo,

as you are from kandy, you must be knowing of a van pained pearl orange, owned by a reputed paint shop in kandy, which was a OEM turbo if I recall right.

Edited by tiv

These must have been quite nippy, unladen with the turbo,

as you are from kandy, you must be knowing of a van pained pearl orange, owned by a reputed paint shop in kandy, which was a OEM turbo if I recall right.

I had a non turbo one for short period, its fine but the turbo charged version is sweet!

I wasn't referring to converting a non turbo to turbo(I heard its very hard too)

I was referring to the wagons which are converted from normal van models( its done in Japan itself). Something like converting a DX Hiace to Super Custom.

are you referring to this van?

I think my dad knows the owner of this one

Edited by Magnum

Hi Magnum,

To be honest I don't care what 'people in SL' when buying a vehicle, if it suits my liking and requirements I buy it :)

I had a non turbo one for short period, its fine but the turbo charged version is sweet!

I wasn't referring to converting a non turbo to turbo(I heard its very hard too)

I was referring to the wagons which are converted from normal van models( its done in Japan itself). Something like converting a DX Hiace to Super Custom.

are you referring to this van?

I think my dad knows the owner of this one

Yes, the owner is a friend

To be honest I don't care what 'people in SL' when buying a vehicle, if it suits my liking and requirements I buy it :)

+1. No matter what you drive, there's going to be some chap who's going to criticize it, be it a cop, be it a stranger, be it your mom

Dude is that the best pic that you got of your hiace? :P

Seriously dude, that pic from the ebay thread, with the lights and all, trimmed to something like a strip in standard aspect ratio would be killer

Yes, the owner is a friend

+1. No matter what you drive, there's going to be some chap who's going to criticize it, be it a cop, be it a stranger, be it your mom

Seriously dude, that pic from the ebay thread, with the lights and all, trimmed to something like a strip in standard aspect ratio would be killer

This is one of my friend's

11128691_485125608311580_1650249443_n.jp

11084351_485125611644913_802910170_n.jpg

Dude is that the best pic that you got of your hiace? :P

Is it better now?

I guess the OP will be mad at me for taking this thread on a van ride :D

Edited by Magnum

This is one of my friend's

11128691_485125608311580_1650249443_n.jp

11084351_485125611644913_802910170_n.jpg

Is it better now?

I guess the OP will be mad at me for taking this thread on a van ride :D

Aha now thats better, Presea's gonna keep his Nightbreaker set when he sees this,

• Like 1

I feel the Stingray version looks good except for the "bit too much" grill lighting.

There's a JDM one too,

Besides if you get the normal one, you'll always be nagging to yourself why you didn't get the better one,

And someday when you want to sell it off, the car sale mudalali is gonna say "aiyo sir make normal eka ne, shingray modal eka wadeiyen denna thibba"

http://www.batfa.com/newcar-wagonrstingray.htm

What are the difference between FZ and Stingray models ? For me FZ looks better. Blue lighting grill on Stingray makes it looks like Tuk Tuk. Stingray is about 2laks more. I don't feel its worth that much.