• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Locations Surrounding Nature In Sl For A Car Photoshoot

PreseaLover

Hmm, I hear ya.... are we allowed to take the car around nawala wetland park? I mean the there is a walking path surrounding the water right? so the road is lil bit further yeah?
The hills above kandy lake sounds tempting though... I always had a thing for the hills, but afraid of heights though...
Around victoria reservoir is what caught my mind out of all of these... looks scary but I'm for to take the plunge :D
And here is a pic below of the roads in ambewela... one of my friends took this pic when he went there...badly want to take a pic right at this place too.... so yeah thanks for the ideas... I'll decide and let you know :)
And btw guys anyone who wants to join us can join too :D
Are we allowed to go along this road in victoria displayed in the pic?
h40IHgD.jpg
Here is Ambewela....

Urban Wetland, there are side roads like this 6.882132, 79.890676 that will get you the water backdrop. But have to check it out.

Victoria not sure. We used to do it when we were kids, my dad worked in the Matale area, but security meant closed roads, so I don't know the position now. Even then can't cross after dark. There was also this observation center where we watched the water spilling from the gates when the reservoir was full, that might be the building you see on the top right of your pic, but I dunno if you can see the Dam from the car park :)

But Victoria, like I said, looks good only when the water level is high like this. Gets quite low during dry season.

Edited by Pericles

Ok here we go... visited Kandy, Nuwara eliya, Ambewela and Hortan Planes in the weekend and spotted some nice locations for a car photo shoot.... These pics I took from my phone...

The following are in the roads from ambewela...

lfnWPIr.jpg

Bh5YhaR.jpg

fuTkxxg.jpg

This lake you find when going to ambewela...

v6REDSo.jpg

And here comes my favourite location out of all... This is in Hortan planes... This road you see leads to Ohiya... Looks like the a war zone we see in those hollywood movies ryt...

69fi66b.jpg

And at Hortan planes, I made friends with a moose and agreed him to take a selfie with me... If he stays there on the day I have the car photoshoot, we can include him too in the background with the car :D

Edited by PreseaLover

And at Hortan planes, I made friends with a moose and agreed him to take a selfie with me... If he stays there on the day I have the car photoshoot, we can include him too in the background with the car :D

w5eFLzT.jpg

Ah, Chooty. Sambur, not moose :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/preveen/2366963838/in/dateposted-public/

Thought you wanted water?

Hmm, I hear ya.... are we allowed to take the car around nawala wetland park? I mean the there is a walking path surrounding the water right? so the road is lil bit further yeah?
The hills above kandy lake sounds tempting though... I always had a thing for the hills, but afraid of heights though...
Around victoria reservoir is what caught my mind out of all of these... looks scary but I'm for to take the plunge :D
And here is a pic below of the roads in ambewela... one of my friends took this pic when he went there...badly want to take a pic right at this place too.... so yeah thanks for the ideas... I'll decide and let you know :)
And btw guys anyone who wants to join us can join too :D
Are we allowed to go along this road in victoria displayed in the pic?
h40IHgD.jpg
Here is Ambewela....
3WfWLbS.jpg
You think I should be worried about this guy?

dwEhnOX.jpg?1

which one is the joker here? :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

btw if you're coming to hill country buzz me i might join you too, me and my friend went to Victoria couple of months back , unfortunately we got late and the security gates were closed , make sure to be there before 5 pm if you're going in a late evening. plus as someone said earlier place is well known for Elephants, it's not recommended to go there in the evenings.

• Like 1

which one is the joker here? :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

btw if you're coming to hill country buzz me i might join you too, me and my friend went to Victoria couple of months back , unfortunately we got late and the security gates were closed , make sure to be there before 5 pm if you're going in a late evening. plus as someone said earlier place is well known for Elephants, it's not recommended to go there in the evenings.

Thanks for the info mate :) and will let you know when we are coming :)

• 2 weeks later...
Nice shots! Any idea if we need permission to have photo shoots of cars in public places like galleface? If so where to get it from? From what I hear its impossible to shoot with a tripod in urban colombo without prior permission. so I haven't even bothered.

On what basis do they require you to have 'prior permission'?

Nice shots! Any idea if we need permission to have photo shoots of cars in public places like galleface? If so where to get it from? From what I hear its impossible to shoot with a tripod in urban colombo without prior permission. so I haven't even bothered.

I dont think you need to get permission for a photo shoot in an open place like Galle Face.

:) There used to be Army HQ close by until they gave it to a hotel, ya know :) And they are still sensitive about Old Parliament and stuff. Heck there are warning stickers in the hotel rooms in the area not to take photos out the windows.

BTW, I found a couple of interesting locations, just south of the river near Kelaniya Temple. But pretty brown water..

Brown water doesn't go well for pics, don't you think? brown won't be colourful for a pic I mean yeah?

Btw, I found this presea on the internet and I find the background very beautiful for a car pic... I always try to capture a pic like this with my phone cam but fail always...maybe it is to do with the cam, I don't know...

2JIYnM7.jpg

On what basis do they require you to have 'prior permission'?

I read on a local photography blog that one particular individual was approached by a cop when he was taking shots of the race course pavilion at night using a tripod. He was told to get permission from the UDA iirc

I read on another site a government one iirc that you have to pay something like 25000 for taking photos or filming for commercial purposes. No idea how the wedding photographers work around this.

Eitherway the shots aren't for recreational purposes so it would be a waste of time if we were turned away once we showed up for the shoot.

I read on a local photography blog that one particular individual was approached by a cop when he was taking shots of the race course pavilion at night using a tripod. He was told to get permission from the UDA iirc

I read on another site a government one iirc that you have to pay something like 25000 for taking photos or filming for commercial purposes. No idea how the wedding photographers work around this.

Eitherway the shots aren't for recreational purposes so it would be a waste of time if we were turned away once we showed up for the shoot.

Apparently the rules have changed. You can even shoot the harbour area now. OK shooting from the GOH balcony. Yahapalanaya bro :P

That one is nice :)

We should fix a date and location for the trip...

These days I'm a bit sick (physically ill to drive) so in a few weeks time hopefully will be fine...

I think it will be fun if we have it like an Autolanka roadtrip while we are at the photoshoot, peri what do you think?

Like whoever wants to come can join us and it will be fun to ride/trip with fellow autolankans too, the bigger the crowd the fun it is..... we can go in many vehicles if more guys are there.... :)

Edited by PreseaLover