• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Locations Surrounding Nature In Sl For A Car Photoshoot

PreseaLover

Me and my car has been to most of these locations, but I usually take photos of me and my wife rather than the car alone..
Hmm... One day I could say the same ;)

But but Hiace > Wife/GF :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

I guess I would never say that :P

I see... There is a nice paddy field view too in the road after Passing MIT... the road that leads to koswatta junction from MIT side... thanks mate, I"ll keep these locations in mind :)

Dilesh and I shot Dinesh Deheragoda's race car in that area once, remember dude? :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/preveen/3056053480/in/dateposted-public/

I'm up for a road trip if you wanna take care of the expenses. Just remember to take car cleaning gear with you too, we actually had one shoot ruined by catching some rain on the way.

Edited by Pericles

okay i didnt read all the locations suggested in the thread but if someone havent. Try the peradeniya - mahakanda road near the peradeniya uni. Beautiful strech of road.

if you can wait for the Sakura blossom season. Then its Even better

• Like 3

Dilesh and I shot Dinesh Deheragoda's race car in that area once, remember dude? :)

I'm up for a road trip if you wanna take care of the expenses. Just remember to take car cleaning gear with you too, we actually had one shoot ruined by catching some rain on the way.

Ah, just saw the thumbnail of your DP and figured, I recognized you... I used to work at MIT too, 2 years back ;)

No, I was a Business Analyst at the Surveillance Dept :)

Oh and in the 2013 Halloween party, you had taken a good pic of mine... I was dressed up as the Joker :P

Software is Malabe, men :P as opposed to ESP. Ah ok, cool scene, that was a fun party, Got a lotta nice shots. Small world :D

Ok so if we are going on this trip what are the expenses we need to cover? Fuel, Food, Alchohol and what else?

Is this gonna be a one night stay over or just one day trip?

What? Peri is actually going for the photoshoot with this psycho?

Well it's been nice knowing you Peri.Please send me a recent photo so I can show it to the police.And congrats on becoming the first victim of 'the Presea Killer'.

You think I should be worried about this guy?

dwEhnOX.jpg?1

Ok so if we are going on this trip what are the expenses we need to cover? Fuel, Food, Alchohol and what else?

Is this gonna be a one night stay over or just one day trip?

I'm not a heavy boozer, so you're alright on that score :D

Depends on the shots. Generally better to shoot early morning or evening. Morning is better coz crowds are less everywhere. Sunsets are a nice idea, but its really difficult to predict. Why don't we look into scouting some locations first? If you want to stick with this water theme, there are lots of places around to check closeby. Off the top of my head, Bellanwilla, Bolgoda, Attidiya, Diyawanna, Nawala Urban Wetland park, near Open Uni, Piliyandala, Boralesgamuwa Maharagama road, Thalangama, Beira lake side, Marine Drive, along the Kelani. If you wanna go further plenty of spots near the Negombo Lagoon, and Negombo beach.

Its only after that you need look for exotics. If you wanna get dramatic there are lovely spots near Habarana and Sigiriya. The hills above Kandy Lake have locations. There is a pic in this post http://fundamentallypre.blogspot.com/2015/01/outreach-ingress.html that is the group shot with the Maligawa in the background, but I have a shot of the jeep there too which I didn't put in this article. The Victoria reservoir area has plenty, but its a bit lottery-like with the level of water. Galle has a few places.

So think about it and see. :)

I'm not a heavy boozer, so you're alright on that score :D

Depends on the shots. Generally better to shoot early morning or evening. Morning is better coz crowds are less everywhere. Sunsets are a nice idea, but its really difficult to predict. Why don't we look into scouting some locations first? If you want to stick with this water theme, there are lots of places around to check closeby. Off the top of my head, Bellanwilla, Bolgoda, Attidiya, Diyawanna, Nawala Urban Wetland park, near Open Uni, Piliyandala, Boralesgamuwa Maharagama road, Thalangama, Beira lake side, Marine Drive, along the Kelani. If you wanna go further plenty of spots near the Negombo Lagoon, and Negombo beach.

Its only after that you need look for exotics. If you wanna get dramatic there are lovely spots near Habarana and Sigiriya. The hills above Kandy Lake have locations. There is a pic in this post http://fundamentallypre.blogspot.com/2015/01/outreach-ingress.html that is the group shot with the Maligawa in the background, but I have a shot of the jeep there too which I didn't put in this article. The Victoria reservoir area has plenty, but its a bit lottery-like with the level of water. Galle has a few places.

So think about it and see. :)

Hmm, I hear ya.... are we allowed to take the car around nawala wetland park? I mean the there is a walking path surrounding the water right? so the road is lil bit further yeah?
The hills above kandy lake sounds tempting though... I always had a thing for the hills, but afraid of heights though...
Around victoria reservoir is what caught my mind out of all of these... looks scary but I'm for to take the plunge :D
And here is a pic below of the roads in ambewela... one of my friends took this pic when he went there...badly want to take a pic right at this place too.... so yeah thanks for the ideas... I'll decide and let you know :)
And btw guys anyone who wants to join us can join too :D
Are we allowed to go along this road in victoria displayed in the pic?
h40IHgD.jpg
Here is Ambewela....
3WfWLbS.jpg
Edited by PreseaLover