• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Locations Surrounding Nature In Sl For A Car Photoshoot

PreseaLover

Hi Guys,

Just wanna know some good locations in Sri Lanka for a car photoshoot.... The places should be surrounded by nature... Precisely, it should be greener and would be cool if there is a lake or something nearby... Here are pics of what I'm talking about... It was from a Presea photoshoot in Thailand...

Thanks in advance :)

ZQeFtBf.jpg

YlTPS83.jpg

mNdD4OH.jpg

Try Mahaweli Raja Mawatha (Kandy - Badulla, B413) locations. You will meet Victoria, Randenigala & Rantambe tanks and I have seen expected types of locations their. See below links & images.

Edited by kusumsiri
  • Like 2

yeah that's a beautiful location, but don't you need special permission to drive along the dam? and its really windy near the dam, but wont be a problem for a car shoot I guess.

I think I will have to find a woman or a man first who would want to waste their time with me, travelling this far for a free photoshoot...

yeah that's a beautiful location, but don't you need special permission to drive along the dam? and its really windy near the dam, but wont be a problem for a car shoot I guess.
I think I will have to find a woman or a man first who would want to waste their time with me, travelling this far for a free photoshoot...

Looking at your first picture, the first thing that popped to my head was Raja Mawatha, Stretching along the Kandy Badulla road via Meegahakiyula.

And you don't need permission, you might meet an elephant or two along the way though, other than that its ideal, mostly sunny too.

As for nuwara eliya, you might land on a gloomy day/ foggy, ruining your shoot, but thats the appeal to Nuwara eliya though.

• Like 1

Looking at your first picture, the first thing that popped to my head was Raja Mawatha, Stretching along the Kandy Badulla road via Meegahakiyula.

And you don't need permission, you might meet an elephant or two along the way though, other than that its ideal, mostly sunny too.

As for nuwara eliya, you might land on a gloomy day/ foggy, ruining your shoot, but thats the appeal to Nuwara eliya though.

Niceee... this is going to be cool :D

Can't wait for this now.....

The places which comes to my mind are.

1- mahaoya to maduruoya strech upto maduruoya tank.spectacular Road with forest on both sides.if you can manage to get on the top of tha dam,theres a byway from the Buddha's statue which runs across army training school and SF camp.not to miss some elements for sure.all the roads are carpets.the byRoad ends up at Aralaganwila town which is nearby polonnaruwa.

2- kandy - mahiyanganaya Road where newly built "18 wanguwa".

3- on the bunt of weerawila lake.

From Hambantota to wellawaya highway.

• Like 1

Why not try Bolgoda Lake in the morning?If you know an owner of a lake front Villa even better.

Anyway just make sure the photog is a 'çar guy'.Otherwise the long trip will be a waste if the the camera guy doesn't know the best angles of a car.The best car photogs I know are Peri,Rajith(T&T),Charitha(octanehead),Dilesh,Esdeez,Silver but they don't work for free.

BTW you need not go to exotic locales for a car photoshoot.A great photographer can take awesome shots on any location.For example all the pics below were taken on busy Colombo streets without any special preparations and while on the move.

z8S3E4p.jpg

yqlUwCc.jpg

s5ntRq7.jpg

MF8tQAy.jpg

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 1

Why not try Bolgoda Lake in the morning?If you know an owner of a lake front Villa even better.

Anyway just make sure the photog is a 'çar guy'.Otherwise the long trip will be a waste if the the camera guy doesn't know the best angles of a car.The best car photogs I know are Peri,Rajith(T&T),Charitha(octanehead),Dilesh,Esdeez,Silver but they don't work for free.

BTW you need not go to exotic locales for a car photoshoot.A great photographer can take awesome shots on any location.For example all the pics below were taken on busy Colombo streets without any special preparations and while on the move.

z8S3E4p.jpg

yqlUwCc.jpg

1HsnlH6.jpg

s5ntRq7.jpg

I will keep that in mind thanks master :)

Oh wow are these your cars? Looks amazing!

z8S3E4p.jpg

yqlUwCc.jpg

s5ntRq7.jpg

MF8tQAy.jpg

Nice to see Miss Lumley :prankster:

I've not shot a car in about 4-5 years, and photographic tastes have changed a lot since then with things like back-lit photos and colour filters becoming popular.

If you ask me you don't need to drive for hours for this. Even Marine Drive at sunset is amazing as long as the guy behind the camera knows what he's doing.

These are all in and around Colombo; but yeah, no waterfalls or lakes.

Marine Drive:
1119_50602789837_959_n.jpg?oh=93d76b4ef3

1924283_55223164837_8759_n.jpg?oh=639c4e

Pamankada

22468_280262119837_1298688_n.jpg?oh=ec1f

Autodrome:

22468_300242979837_5840274_n.jpg?oh=3592

Crescat:

22468_300242914837_2300417_n.jpg?oh=122b

• Like 1

I've not shot a car in about 4-5 years, and photographic tastes have changed a lot since then with things like back-lit photos and colour filters becoming popular.

If you ask me you don't need to drive for hours for this. Even Marine Drive at sunset is amazing as long as the guy behind the camera knows what he's doing.

These are all in and around Colombo; but yeah, no waterfalls or lakes.

Marine Drive:

1119_50602789837_959_n.jpg?oh=93d76b4ef3

1924283_55223164837_8759_n.jpg?oh=639c4e

Pamankada

22468_280262119837_1298688_n.jpg?oh=ec1f

Autodrome:

22468_300242979837_5840274_n.jpg?oh=3592

Crescat:

22468_300242914837_2300417_n.jpg?oh=122b

I see... There is a nice paddy field view too in the road after Passing MIT... the road that leads to koswatta junction from MIT side... thanks mate, I"ll keep these locations in mind :)

Wherever I go, if I feel that the location is nice for a pic, I capture it with my phone cam.... So far only these 3 I think are good from what I have captured.. still since the phone cam quality is bad, its not upto the standards...

At Galle-colombo expressway;

3oiSS2v.jpg

At Boralesgamuwa;

Fd7n2mD.jpg

Maharagama;

zIvMvmh.jpg

• Like 1