• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

neov

Question

I am looking for a car around 2.4Mn which will be my first car. I prefer sedans.

I have zero knowledge on cars. So would you please help me to choose one from the below,

• Mazda Axela 2004
  • Honda Fit Aria(2004/2005)
  • Honda civic ES1/ES5/ES8(2004)
  • Toyota Vios(2004/2005)
  • Mitsubishi Lancer GLX CS1/CS2/CS3(2007)

I am really interested in Axela 2004. But some say that is not good on fuel. Please let me know the actual fuel consumption for Axela 2004 model. Does 2007 model is good on fuel??

And some say Honda Fit aria have some gear box issues. Does 2007 model of it has the same issue?

I do not know about the Honda civic. Is it good on fuel?? I do not know the differences between ES1 ES5 ES8 as well. What should I go for if I choose to go for a Civic.

I do not have a idea about lancer GLX as well.

I heard Toyota Vios is a reliable car even though it is a basic model without any additional options.

Would you please help me to choose the best car for me. Any other suggestions are always welcome.

12 answers to this question

You havent posted your requirements, apart from the fact that you like sedans. Do post your requirements first.

Budget - 2.4mill

Body type - sedan

Age -

Country of origin that you prefer -

Any brand fondness?

Approx km per month -

Expected fuel economy - (Note: an average non-hybrid midsize car does about 10km/ltr. An average hybrid does between 15-20km/l. Claims beyond that are bulllsh*t)

Comfort -

handling -

etc.

If you want advice from Autolankans, it is extremely important that you ignore EVERYTHING said by your friends, family, neighbour, girlfriend's brother, neighbourhood cat, village grocery owner, village idiot, the guy who met you in the bus etc. All of them will offer advice on what car to buy. 99% of the time they are biased. Unless you plan to ignore all the things you 'heard', don't come here for advice.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 3

Axela is a good car, I don't think there is much of a difference between the 2003 and face lifted 2007 models. Its not that bad on fuel, but wont do much as the vios. Search the forum, the cars you mentioned were discussed pretty well.

You havent posted your requirements, apart from the fact that you like sedans. Do post your requirements first.

Budget - 2.4mill

Body type - sedan

Age -

Country of origin that you prefer -

Any brand fondness?

Approx km per month -

Expected fuel economy - (Note: an average non-hybrid midsize car does about 10km/ltr. An average hybrid does between 15-20km/l. Claims beyond that are bulllsh*t)

Comfort -

handling -

etc.

If you want advice from Autolankans, it is extremely important that you ignore EVERYTHING said by your friends, family, neighbour, girlfriend's brother, neighbourhood cat, village grocery owner, village idiot, the guy who met you in the bus etc. All of them will offer advice on what car to buy. 99% of the time they are biased. Unless you plan to ignore all the things you 'heard', don't come here for advice.

Budget - 2.4mill

Body type - sedan

Age - After 2003

Country of origin that you prefer - Japan,(Not the Indian ones) ( Though Vios is not from Japan I consider it because it has the toyota badge included)

Any brand fondness? Honda/Toyota/Mazda/Nissan

I like to have Civic too. But I do not know what are the difference between ES1/ES5/ES8. Let me know what is best among those models. And are there particular problems with the honda products such as gear box issues, engine over heating etc.

Approx km per month - It would be used as a family car. I do not want to use it daily.

Expected fuel economy -10km/ltr(City) 14+km/ltr(Outstation)

Comfort - Average comfort will be enough.

handling- I can not exactly say how the handling like to be since it is my first car.

Axela is a good car, I don't think there is much of a difference between the 2003 and face lifted 2007 models. Its not that bad on fuel, but wont do much as the vios. Search the forum, the cars you mentioned were discussed pretty well.

Thank you for your support. What is your opinion. What is best for me??

Budget - 2.4mill

Body type - sedan

Age - After 2003

Country of origin that you prefer - Japan,(Not the Indian ones) ( Though Vios is not from Japan I consider it because it has the toyota badge included)

I like to have Civic too. But I do not know what are the difference between ES1/ES5/ES8. Let me know what is best among those models. And are there particular problems with the honda products such as gear box issues, engine over heating etc.

Approx km per month - It would be used as a family car. I do not want to use it daily.

handling- I can not exactly say how the handling like to be since it is my first car.

Why won't you try a Carina or FB15/N16/Bluebird ???

I would vouch for the carina too, that is a very reliable / comfortable car. Try to find a 2001 Ti My road. My auto one did 8-9kmpl city driving, long distance it'll do more. Manual is better on fuel. The only problem with carina is its age.

Regarding the Axela, some say its not that comfortable in long distance driving because of its stiff suspension, but I've never had that issue. Then again I haven't driven one for long.

I think its best to research about all these cars, using AL and other sources, make a list of pros and cons, test drive a good specimen from each and make decision based on your requirements and preferences.

Well..I like the Carina too (well maybe the GT..but it is heart breaking that most have gone to or have been in the hands of ricers)

...but to put things a bit more in perspective and balance things out

- The Carina is somewhat older than the other cars on your list

- Finding a good specimen is easier said than done....

- The Carina (just like some of the other Toyota models) are over priced (due to its reputation and also hype). So finding a decent one at a reasonable price is

even going to be harder than finding one that is in good shape.

But they are still out there....the mechanicals are pretty decent and have stood the test of time.

Budget - 2.4mill

Body type - sedan

Age - After 2003

see the following threads

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/12259-help-me-to-buy-a-honda-civic/

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/7297-2004-honda-civic-es8-es5/

Anyhoo, if you want a car and not expecting much of a driving pleasure, but just a transportation media I'd too suggest a vios.