• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Reset Limit Switch In Toyota Premio 260

Ted

Question

Hi all,

My toyota premio 260 driver side power shutter was repaired and now the limit switch is not functioning properly.. that means there is a time out in the stepper motor. I tried to reset it by pressing coupl of secs when ignition but it didn't work? Can't it be reset without taking the motor outside? Anyhow..if this problem had to anybody..kindly request to pod0st how he came up with it.. Thanks..

10 answers to this question

Hi all,

My toyota premio 260 driver side power shutter was repaired and now the limit switch is not functioning properly.. that means there is a time out in the stepper motor. I tried to reset it by pressing coupl of secs when ignition but it didn't work? Can't it be reset without taking the motor outside? Anyhow..if this problem had to anybody..kindly request to pod0st how he came up with it.. Thanks..

Your question is not clear, If you are talking about the Auto function, usually disconnecting/reconnecting the battery works. Or there will be a specific sequence to reset the system, This is usually present in the service manual for your car.

For example something like this in my vehicle

8vw5kj.jpg

• Like 2

Your question is not clear, If you are talking about the Auto function, usually disconnecting/reconnecting the battery works. Or there will be a specific sequence to reset the system, This is usually present in the service manual for your car.

Hi.. thanks.. when I press to freely shut the window, driver side shutter window comes down again once it goes to the upper most position since there is a timeout.Does wht u have posted applicable to all toyota vehicles?

[img=http://i58.tinypic.com/8vw5kj.jpg]

I am going to follow the instructions as you posted... anyhow when i fully pull up the window untill it closes, the window comes down again since it detects the door edge as an object and goes down. Anyhow i am going to fully pull up the switch and once it comes upper edge of the door ( i.e. fully closed) another 12 seconds..

[img=http://i58.tinypic.com/8vw5kj.jpg]

Hi TIV,

Thanks a lot and it worked..... thanks a lot again my friend...

May I ask what happened to your driver side window and motor? Was it a manufacturing fault?

Nop somehow my driv side shutter base clip ( there r 2 clips by which the shutter window is attached to the moving bar) had broken. Fortunately the glass was not broken and so as the sliding kit and I was able to replace the broken clip wth a new one. B7t there was the timeout problem and after doing above I was able to fix it.