• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Hilux Vigo

proceso

Hi all,

Can anyone explain me why is this 2010 "Toyota Hilux Vigo" is priced around 350k ? It's seems like it's very cheap compared to other Hiluxes. One thing I know is "Vigo" is esembled in thailand.

Experts can you please give me some more info :) ?

You were looking at smart cabs,

BrandNew_56.jpg

VS

toyota__hilux_double_cab_4x4__sol__4x4fa

Notice the 2nd line of doors and the B pillar

Smart cabs are cheaper, double cabs are costlier

Edited by tiv
  • Like 1

So only difference is the back seat ? How about the perfomance ? and other stuff ?

Dude...as it can be clearly seen in the pics the size of the cabin is different ! Which also makes the size of the cargo decks different. Whilst engine and transmission options are the same the size differences stated above could probably rate the two at different towing capacities.

Dude...as it can be clearly seen in the pics the size of the cabin is different ! Which also makes the size of the cargo decks different. Whilst engine and transmission options are the same the size differences stated above could probably rate the two at different towing capacities.

Bro.. so is it worth buying ? #smartCab .. I mean for 3.5 mill 4x4 this seems good for me .. what do you think ? any faults ?

Some say since its from thailand it's not good .. but some say eventhough it's esembled in thailand all the parts are from japan.. WDYT ?

So only difference is the back seat ? How about the perfomance ? and other stuff ?

Few years ago I too considered this, when I spoke to Toyota Lanka they adamantly said the power figures are different, however I cannot back this.

Yes precisely, the cargo bay is different in size, hence the load / towing capacity. Also most smart cabs I've seen are under L numbers (Heavy vehicle)

Bro.. so is it worth buying ? #smartCab .. I mean for 3.5 mill 4x4 this seems good for me .. what do you think ? any faults ?

Some say since its from thailand it's not good .. but some say eventhough it's esembled in thailand all the parts are from japan.. WDYT ?

Most modern Toyotas are assembled in Thailand, Engines were made in the Japan plant.

No big faults if well maintained, gotta be careful with the diesel you use. Preferably 4 star / Super, A service with genuine filters and oils get you a sum north of 20,000/-

If you pack up a D4d injector you are looking at 75,000/- + PER INJECTOR, unless you find a 5L engine version

Not your run of the mill Corolla

All in all not a "cheap" vehicle to run, If that's what you are looking for.

Few years ago I too considered this, when I spoke to Toyota Lanka they adamantly said the power figures are different, however I cannot back this.

Yes precisely, the cargo bay is different in size, hence the load / towing capacity. Also most smart cabs I've seen are under L numbers (Heavy vehicle)

Most modern Toyotas are assembled in Thailand, Engines were made in the Japan plant.

No big faults if well maintained, gotta be careful with the diesel you use. Preferably 4 star / Super, A service with genuine filters and oils get you a sum north of 20,000/-

If you pack up a D4d injector you are looking at 75,000/- + PER INJECTOR, unless you find a 5L engine version

Thanks for the valueble info brother .. I'll start to search based on that :) thanks (Y)

Made in Thailand is 100% ok for sri lanka. Vigo, KDH, Corolla, Axio, parts 100% not made in Japan. some from japan some from Thailand and Some from China, I personally know factories in Thailand and China they made some parts for Toyota Company. as you know have Samsung Factory in Pallekele-Kandy, also Like Volvo, Volkswagen, KIA, haiundai have factories in China and also have Made in China Volkswagen, BMW, Volvo, KIA and Hyundai vehicles Made in China export to Europe. but quality is very good.

Edited by Nilantha

D4D injectors 75000/- price in sri lanka, from thailand you can buy for cheap, if some one can give me Part Number i can give you Thailand price.

Edited by Nilantha

Did the new Hilux come with 5L? :sad-smiley-058:

On the topic of Smat Cab, my friend uses one for business purpose. He says its not that good for family use

Did the new Hilux come with 5L? :sad-smiley-058:

On the topic of Smat Cab, my friend uses one for business purpose. He says its not that good for family use

Yup most Toyota lanka imports were 5L, I've seen many in single cabs and one smart cab.

Ideally smart cabs and double cabs in all are more or less purpose oriented vehicles, it would be foolish to buy one

for day to day use, impress a neighbor, or merely looks, or just as you said "family use".

Since a major portion of the vehicle would be an empty space you just haul around with that bag of groceries rolling all over.

It would be equal to jolting around with a travelling bag just to carry your phone inside!

• Like 5

Only you can answer that.....does it fit your purpose ? Go check both types out and see if it meets your needs....

the organization I worked for had single, double and smart cabs....the rear seats of the smart cab are not suitable for day to day use and completely pointless. In fact the smart cabs were rated as two passenger vehicles within the organization as the seat did not serve much purpose or travel convenience.

Yup most Toyota lanka imports were 5L, I've seen many in single cabs and one smart cab.

Ideally smart cabs and double cabs in all are more or less purpose oriented vehicles, it would be foolish to buy one

for day to day use, impress a neighbor, or merely looks, or just as you said "family use".

Since a major portion of the vehicle would be an empty space you just haul around with that bag of groceries rolling all over.

It would be equal to jolting around with a travelling bag just to carry your phone inside!

Oh just like the Hiace and Prado they brought down.

I think smart cabs are only good for business purpose other than that its pretty much a 2 seater. bdw can smart cabs be registered as dual purpose?

True that. The smart cabs comes with same 1KD FTV engines same as the double cabs with 2500 and 3000 cc capacities. So probably cannot have different power figures.

True that. The smart cabs comes with same 1KD FTV engines same as the double cabs with 2500 and 3000 cc capacities. So probably cannot have different power figures.

The same engine is present from the Hiace to the Prado, obviously they have different power figures, and different power to weight ratios, thus that does not correspond to your logic,

Engine output is not just the same as the mere name and cylinder capacity, output is governed by many factors starting from the intake to turbo to engine internals to the diameter of the exhaust, furthermore different ECU maps. Also there was a "high power version" in both the mentioned engines and there was a powerful hilux known as Invincible200 with more BHP, FYI further variations in these engines there was a VN Turbo version, and Intercooled and non intercooled versions

Also 1KD is 3000cc and 2KD is 2500cc, different engines in all based on the older 1KZ and the 2L engines

so thereby Toyota Lanka's claims cannot be completely ignored,

I am not siding with them though

The chap who said this was a rather arrogant snob and not willing to explain it by any means, but was adherent to his claim like it was some god sent message.

Edited by tiv
  • Like 1

Oh just like the Hiace and Prado they brought down.

I think smart cabs are only good for business purpose other than that its pretty much a 2 seater. bdw can smart cabs be registered as dual purpose?

Wouldn't that have been a ridiculously slow prado?

Wouldn't that have been a ridiculously slow prado?

Prado and Hiace always have been pretty similar in weight, hence why they both get the same engine. KDH and the new Prado both are in 2 tonne range.

Anyway 5L with auto on Hiace(dolphin) wasnt fast either, with manual its kind of ok. 5L isnt meant to be fast, its a budget version of 1KZ. Compared to 1KZ 5L is much easier to repair and maintain. Toyota always gets its product placement/differentiation right

The same engine is present from the Hiace to the Prado, obviously they have different power figures, and different power to weight ratios, thus that does not correspond to your logic,

Engine output is not just the same as the mere name and cylinder capacity, output is governed by many factors starting from the intake to turbo to engine internals to the diameter of the exhaust, furthermore different ECU maps. Also there was a "high power version" in both the mentioned engines and there was a powerful hilux known as Invincible200 with more BHP, FYI further variations in these engines there was a VN Turbo version, and Intercooled and non intercooled versions

Also 1KD is 3000cc and 2KD is 2500cc, different engines in all based on the older 1KZ and the 2L engines

so thereby Toyota Lanka's claims cannot be completely ignored,

I am not siding with them though

The chap who said this was a rather arrogant snob and not willing to explain it by any means, but was adherent to his claim like it was some god sent message.

Agree with you. Thanks for the additional information tiv.