• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Unregistered Hatchback

ReshMX

Question

Good Day Gentlemen.

I am on the verge of purchasing my maiden automobile. To summarize my requirement :

I need to buy an unregistered vehicle for 3 Million. I will be doing outstation travel mostly occasional trips in Capital.

. A bit of research revealed I have only a few options which i list below

1. Honda Hybrid GP1 -2013 reconditioned [ 3 Mill]

2. Suzuki Wagon R Hybrid 2015 Brand new [ 2.7 Mill]

3. Perodua Azia B/new [2.6 Mill]

problem is being new to automobiles seeking opinion from friends and relatives is very frustrating some people ask me to buy a nissan leaf pointing negatives in above options. Some want me to extend budget and buy a Toyota Aqua saying all above cars are not good options.

Therefore I need a neutral Point of view hence I am looking at your valuable inputs.

Thank you in advance.

16 answers to this question

The Fit is the more mature and decent to drive car of the list and personally feel the better all rounder.

Wagon R hybrid is a kei car which means if it has a 660cc engine that feels a bit more watered down with the hybrid motor. Out station trips are going to be quite a steain especially in mountanous regions or a full car.

The Aqua, well justs another Toyota that will get u from A to Z. Feeds well in to the masses' addiction to any POS eith a Toyota badge on it.

No idea about the Peradua.

Pros and cons of the anove cars and hybrids have been extensively discussed do just search the forum.

• Like 3

Irage, Thanks for your response and suggestions. Yes I was concerned about the Suzuki engine size. I see seperate discussions on these but didnt find a comparison of the three in this forum. I will search again.

Thanks for the balanced response - many people i talked with were telling me impractical suggestions like going for a GP5 (well over my means) as it is 'better' than the Gp1 instead of providing me a good option within the budget.

Mike, thanks for your advices. This is not a full cash investment and I will not be buying and selling - in the near future I will be driving many many miles so the cost and depreciation is hopefully justified. Regards to the inspection I'm thinking of getting inspected by agents (If Honda -> Stafford , Suzuki-- A*W etc ) as I heard it is possible

I would reccomend the Honda GP1 anyday. Realy nice car. And since its a Honda its a awesome drive with cool handling(personal experience...) Also the car looks good and the interior is also nice, where as the Wagon R looks like a loaf of thin bread.. I have seen the perodua as well..It just wasnt right for me, was ugly and much smaller in real life than those adverts show it... Regarding the Aqua.. well its a good car,its reliable.good car to get here and there,but it has no driving pleasure.. since your gonna do a lot of driving,specially outstation you need a car which is fun. Or you'll fall asleep if its boring as hell. ( happend to me in a maruti 800).. soo I would reccomend u a Fit GP1... But pls dont get the silver. Looks crap... This is my opinion.. Go for what makes u happy,not friends and neighbours, thanx, sorry for the long rant...

Edited by fiat fan
  • Like 1

GP1 is my choice from the list. As you mentioned if traveling outstations the most, not so practical to own a small capacity WagonR or Hustler hybrid. Axia is the least fuel saver as it is a non hybrid (20-21 KMPL in test conditions). GP1 suits most if not all your requirements and not to mention that it's a looker.

Edited by hrm
  • Like 1

GP1 hands down. Have had one for almost 3 years now. No complaints whatsoever. Very decent car with adequate power and good handling. Good for outstation trips. Inside city fuel efficiency is around 10-11 kmpl. Long trips 16-17 kmpl.

Comparing it to the Wagon R and the Perodua I would say the GP1 is a much durable and better quality car.

• Like 1

.. But pls dont get the silver. Looks crap... This is my opinion..

yes silver doesn't quite look good with the transparent rear

lights does it?

I also hate that blue that came with most Fit's and that horrid green. But AFAIK those came in 2012 editions if you're looking at 2013 those are gone.

GP1 hands down. Have had one for almost 3 years now. No complaints whatsoever. Very decent car with adequate power and good handling. Good for outstation trips. Inside city fuel efficiency is around 10-11 kmpl. Long trips 16-17 kmpl. Comparing it to the Wagon R and the Perodua I would say the GP1 is a much durable and better quality car.

10-11 ? really? maybe because it's not a full-hybrid like the later Gp5 or the aqua but since the OP requirement is outstation travel that should be adequate plus the Fit has a lot of space- small storage spaces for cups and everything you can think of and a very flexible rear seat arrangement where you can fit(sorry for the pun) in half your house inside :D ... I've been in the wagon R (a taxi) and its got a very spartan interior the only thing is it's brand new and would probably do good on fuel.

nice to see perodua being considered...it's as if people had forgotten them after the recent hybrid influx but mind you'll have to wait for half a year to get one down knowing how Unimo operates.

BTW the aqua is best forgotten it's beyond budget.

• Like 1

GP1 is the best,

The suzukis come with 660cc engines and will feel underpowered in long distance travel,

And don't even consider the Axia, it will not do good on fuel and no way near in build quality even with the suzukis.

You can avoid the initial depreciation by going for a rgistered and slightly used car, that way you can get an aqua into your budget,

not saying that the aqua is better than the GP1 I prefer the GP1, but the aqua will keep your neighbours and co-workers happy :D

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for your responses gentlemen. Sensible advice was found only from this forum.

I'm sorry for my absence from this thread. I spent the last 2 and half days actually inspecting/testing above vehicles.

First I had a look at the GP1 - it was quite well put together car with a very respectable interior and exterior. Immediately impressed with it. Managed to locate a friend who had one and had a drive with him car has good pickup and feels good to drive and very spacious

WagonR was ok for small car it had lots of space for such a tiny machine but it has lesser options and feels very weak when driving.

Even though not in my budget just for the fact my friends were advising me I tested out an aqua as well... it's a nice car but I felt it fails to justify it's exorbirant price mark I also had a look at the Honda Gp5 Fit - that was clearly the best out of the lot but sadly out of my budget range.

I dropped the Perodua from my list .

So all things considered Looking to go for a GP1 2013 YOM ideally black. I'll keep you all updated.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for your responses gentlemen. Sensible advice was found only from this forum.

I'm sorry for my absence from this thread. I spent the last 2 and half days actually inspecting/testing above vehicles.

First I had a look at the GP1 - it was quite well put together car with a very respectable interior and exterior. Immediately impressed with it. Managed to locate a friend who had one and had a drive with him car has good pickup and feels good to drive and very spacious

WagonR was ok for small car it had lots of space for such a tiny machine but it has lesser options and feels very weak when driving.

Even though not in my budget just for the fact my friends were advising me I tested out an aqua as well... it's a nice car but I felt it fails to justify it's exorbirant price mark I also had a look at the Honda Gp5 Fit - that was clearly the best out of the lot but sadly out of my budget range.

I dropped the Perodua from my list .

So all things considered Looking to go for a GP1 2013 YOM ideally black. I'll keep you all updated.

Why not pearl white or silver? :speechless-smiley-019:

Black cars tend to get dirty very quickly and it also gets hot when in sunlight

I know this cuz i have a dark grey/black car as well. The easiest to maintain is silver

My uncle has a black GP1, I dont know if its just for me it looks smaller than white and silver colored ones

Why not pearl white or silver? :speechless-smiley-019:

Black cars tend to get dirty very quickly and it also gets hot when in sunlight

I know this cuz i have a dark grey/black car as well. The easiest to maintain is silver

My uncle has a black GP1, I dont know if its just for me it looks smaller than white and silver colored ones

My car is also black and has beige interior, not the best combination when it comes to maintenence. I also agree, white ones look bigger than the black ones. But black looks good on most cars.

My car is also black and has beige interior, not the best combination when it comes to maintenence. I also agree, white ones look bigger than the black ones. But black looks good on most cars.

Black looks good but you need to take extra care of it, scratch marks are very visible on them, you need to wax them more often