• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dislocation Of A Certain Tube Under The Hood

PreseaLover

Question

Hi guys, need your expertise regarding the following;

Just too a look under the hood and noticed that, there seem to be a dislocation of a certain tube in the engine...

I'm not sure for how long this has been there... But by the looks of it, it seems that this tube is coming out from the fitting as we can see a silver area dislocated a bit.... So I took the vehicle to my mechanic that lives 1km away but he was closed today so i drove back home.... after coming home took a look again, and it stays the same (the dislocated distance is the same and the placement is the same as well) Following are the pictures.... Should I be worried about this?

2zFBUXe.jpg

FxfmnH2.jpg

zA4GNAm.jpg

13 answers to this question

Looks like the drive shaft (axle), and it seems to be missing a rubber boot. Fallen off due to broken bands maybe?

If I'm correct, you will have to take the drive shaft out to replace the boot. While you're at it, make sure you check if that joint has sufficient grease because it looks like some amount of CV joint grease has leaked and splashed on the gearbox and surrounding area.

• Like 4

Looks like the drive shaft (axle), and it seems to be missing a rubber boot. Fallen off due to broken bands maybe?

If I'm correct, you will have to take the drive shaft out to replace the boot. While you're at it, make sure you check if that joint has sufficient grease because it looks like some amount of CV joint grease has leaked and splashed on the gearbox and surrounding area.

Ah okay thanks davy... will look into it...

Looks to me is the Axle shafts boot Clamp is bit loose, get it Tightened by a Mech, you might want to replace the clamp if it's broken.

Yes, the boot camp was lose... tightened it... while at it, we discovered that rack boot and the dirodes has been worn out as displayed in the picture... replaced them as well.

fhc4yoK.jpg

• Like 1

Exactly, 555 which had carved "Made in Japan" in it :)

Oh I thought it was called "Dirodes" :D Thanks for the correction :)

Did you get an alignment done after the repair ?

• Like 1

Bit OT, can somebody tell which is a quality Japanese brand for CV joints.

Replced mine with Gsp or something which garage recommended and after 3 months it makes taka taka noise.

Edited by chan5

Replced mine with Gsp or something which garage recommended and after 3 months it makes taka taka noise

noise.

NTN ? HDK ?

Replced mine with Gsp or something which garage recommended and after 3 months it makes taka taka noise.

+1 Experience with NKN, using a set for >7years