• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rumor About Phv (Plug-In Hybrid Vehice) Tax Revision

gayanath

There are some rumors regarding the tax revision/reduction of PHV’s (Plug in Hybrid Vehicles) due to court case to consider them as Electric Vehicles.

Is it true?

Does anyone know/have more information about it?

When the manufacturer says its a Hybrid its a Hybrid! There is no way a Hybrid can be categorized as a EV. There is a issue with customs because our local guys are being smart and they have tried to clear them as Electric vehicles.

yes, I contacted the agents, they appear to have no clue about the car or what they are selling. I was curious because of the implications this could have on the prices cars with similar technology such as the i8 and the s500 plug in hybrid. This will certainly affect the market value of similar models and others models that already exist in the market.

I too contacted the agent. The person who answer told me that, two court cases have filed by them requesting to adjust the tax to new position between hybrid and EV but still no any update. So still they cannot tell anything about the future price.